Boat on back of Trillium - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2020, 10:58 AM   #41

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtblue View Post
To All: I try to engage in the many FGRV forums in the spirit of sharing and enjoyment and endeavor to be upbeat. Based on the above quote, not sure "who" is fussier about "what " on the roads, but feel as though many questions on the forums lately are at their essence, are asking "should I try to get away with this thing that is really questionable. And...that many of the answers tend towards, "I did this sketch thing, and nothing bad happened, (that I know of), and you should do it too.

None of us are on the road alone. Fellow FGRV lovers, please stop asking for approval to do selfish stuff. Please stop being so proud of the selfish stuff you've done.

Today is the day I can no longer be silent on this. This is my opinion, period.
You evidently have been reading the “ Can i tow a 25 ft Bigfoot trailer with a Geo Metro if I don’t tow in the mountains and add a transmission cooler “ posts
Many of the questions asked on this and other forums are people seeking approval for doing things that are obviously unsafe
After a while you learn to ignore the foolishness!!
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 02:32 PM   #42

Name: Stu
Trailer: 2003 21RB Bigfoot
Coos Bay, Oregon
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post
You can Google single wheel trailer to get a sense of some of the history and options: Single wheel trailer
Well, there you go. Looks like you can get something already engineered at https://www.cruiserlifts.com/collect...nsport-systems
South Coast Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 03:06 PM   #43

Name: MJ
Trailer: Trillium 4500
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
You evidently have been reading the “ Can i tow a 25 ft Bigfoot trailer with a Geo Metro if I don’t tow in the mountains and add a transmission cooler “ posts
Many of the questions asked on this and other forums are people seeking approval for doing things that are obviously unsafe
After a while you learn to ignore the foolishness!!
Ahoy Steve D! Hope you' re enjoying your day. Yours is good advice, to ignore the foolishness. Often when the urge hits me to respond to such, I can resist. In this instance, it felt like "silence is consent". As I mentioned, that was a day I felt overwhelmingly compelled to respond, having been triggered by some statements in the original post. This after reading a different, particularly egregious post, in which no one addressed the elephant in the room". As stated, my post is opinion, based on observation, and addressed to the FGRV community as a whole. I am not alone in my strong reaction to the original premise/proposal. From time to time the objections raised will be, and should be, strong, when opinions are solicited. Take care all.
gtblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 10:19 AM   #44

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Its probably safer to put it on your tow vehicle upside down. IMO, if your tow vehicle can't handle it, the Trill is even more likely to have issues unless you make some major structural changes (like a whole new frame and support system cage).
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium