Little Joe? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2009, 07:27 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
We have been looking at the Little Joe online. Has anyone ever seen one? If so, what did you think of the quality. I have emailed some questions to them and hope to get answers next week. Thanks, Cathy
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:41 PM   #2

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
While i've never seen one in person the lil' Joe did catch my interest and when i called them they sent me info.........
Joe
This is some of what they sent me;

Click image for larger version

Name:	3826_LittlejoeFlyer__Large_.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	21075

Click image for larger version

Name:	3826_LittleJoeFloorplan__Large_.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	21076

Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:52 PM   #3

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Cathy, I have actually seen one. Honestly I didn't go over it with a fine tooth comb, but it looked like the quality was top notch for what it is. As far as a trailer for camping, if your looking for a bathroom-less travel trailer I personally think it was a great little trailer. Everything is a galley style but it was a nice tall basic little trailer, a million times better than tent camping IMHO. My Dh and I were actually surprised at how nice it was. Because we were not in the market for something that small we didn't actually check every crevice out, but did step in and again surprised at how nice it was. Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:56 PM   #4

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I have

Read all about it
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:12 PM   #5

Trailer: 1994 Lite House
i have a lite house. its the same mold as the little joe and its awesome. I'm 6' tall and i have head room. also the bed is slightly larger than a queen size bed. it tows amazing. i took it up a 11% grade with tons of tight curves and it was fantastic. i did a ton of research and jumped at the chance to get a lite house. It fit all of my needs. since the door is flat you don't have all the sag issues etc. mine is a 1994 and it feel new. the only thing i found that was different on the little Joe is the tire placement outside the shell and the cabinets above the bed area. both are nice improvements. also the trailer is the same width as a standard car or small pickup. So you can take it through tight spots no problem. I highly recommend them, the mold is perfect shape and size. On the outside you think how could that be comfortable but on the inside it feels huge. And for me bed size is the most important. with the scamp we would have had to sleep in separate areas since we both are tall and like our space when we sleep. Also they do make one with a forward bathroom. but we have come to realize that we don't need one nor do we want to mess around with one. As for the quality of sleep... wow, quiet and the best part about the whole trailer is because of the slant in the front window you can look out at the stars while you doze off to sleep!!!!
curtis c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:31 AM   #6

Thank you all so very much. I know it is basic but we only want something a step above a tent. We have done the big ones with all the bells and whistles and they are such a hassle along with the high cost for a replacement tow vehicle - just not what we want. So much of the RV industry is junk anymore and these fiberglass shell units seem to be the only things that lasts more than 4 or 5 years without coming apart and costing more to fix than they are worth. This sounds really good and if we get one I'll report back. Cathy
Old 06-21-2009, 04:24 PM   #7

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Thumbs up

Quote:
I know it is basic but we only want something a step above a tent.
Back in the day, when this design was made by "Lite House", they offered a "Base Camp" model. It included the furniture but left out all of the appliances, plumbing, and the front window. This made for a significant weight reduction and cost savings.

I wonder if "Little Joe" might consider doing the same thing...
Old 06-21-2009, 05:12 PM   #8

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Cathy let us know if you do get one, we like pictures here on this forum. Also if you come to Colorado to pic it up, Pm me I am not far from the factory. I would love to see it. Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:11 PM   #9

Well, they don't answer their email so I'm guessing they wouldn't be someone I would want to work with. So, I called Scamp to ask about the size of the bed on the 13 footer and it was 44 inches x 6'4" - long enough for my husband but we aren't 44 inch wide friendly - 60 inches is barely tolerable since he is a bed and blanket hog and I would probably get the short side by the window and have to crawl over him when ever anything needed to be checked out since he is a sound sleeper! They did say that with the deluxe wooden interior they could go 54 inches which might work but then the price goes up, up and probably away. So, back to the drawing board. Thanks, Cathy
Old 06-30-2009, 03:53 PM   #10

The upcoming escape 15 footer is supossed to have a 58'' wide bed. Thought that might be another idea to ponder.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:19 PM   #11

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Cathy,

We have the 13 foot Scamp. We removed the top bunk which makes the bottom bunk much more comfortable. New cushion and my 30 inch at the hip area will work for either of us.

If you decide to go that route be sure to get the window over the stove and the fantastic fan as far forward as possible. I noticed when I was recently at Scamp that they are putting the fan towards the rear (over the dinette bed). There are no open windows in the front of the Scamp and I like having the fan up front for whoever is sleeping in the front.

Also you would probably want the screen door, the front and rear overhead cabinets.....

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
little joe