MB 2018, Aug.15-21: Boler 50th Anniversary Caravan Event 2018 – All FGRV's Welcome - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-06-2017, 01:04 PM   #41

Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Fiver
Kentucky
Registry
Holy Cow!

SMACK DADDY! That's a load-o-eggs in one place. Fine job of organizing and promoting. Let's see....that may be the week we're in Chilliwack, BC to pick up our new Escape? Hummmm....
Old 10-06-2017, 03:20 PM   #42

Name: Barb
Trailer: Trillium Outback 2004
British Columbia
Registry
Escape Shakedown Cruise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderers View Post
SMACK DADDY! That's a load-o-eggs in one place. Fine job of organizing and promoting. Let's see....that may be the week we're in Chilliwack, BC to pick up our new Escape? Hummmm....
It's only 22 hours/2200 km from Chilliwack to Winnipeg. Good shakedown, and lots of advice for whatever issues might arise when you get to the event!

An event not to be missed!

See you there.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:18 PM   #43

Kentucky
Registry
Ian Giles

"They say you're a man of vision." 1985 Lonesome Dove
Old 11-07-2017, 08:41 PM   #44

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G. View Post
The main webpage for the event is Boler 50th Anniversary 1968-2018 – Boler 50th Anniversary 1968-2018 or Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/888471907908283/

Activities and events will be planned at the Red River Exhibition Park from August 15-19, 2018 *(I have the Exhibition grounds booked for a few extra day so you can arrive a little early or leave slightly later if you prefer, Aug 14-21)

This will not be a typical fibreglass event, re: not a campground, the parking lots and grounds will be layed out so everyone has space for their tow vehicle, trailer with room beside their unit for "living". Look at this as an event where you can bring your sleeping unit. We will be comfortable, many activities will take place on the grounds themselves including entertainment, displays, food trucks & vendors, beer garden, and much more. Full details and agenda will be published in the coming months. ....and no there will not be a pot luck dinner, but we are planning on providing a dinner

We have good washroom facilities on the grounds and we will be bringing in additional portable facilities, potable water, and lighting to the trailer areas. Power will have some limits, we are working on getting power to as many sites as we can, we will also have an area where generators can be used as well as a "no generator" section. The logistics for this event are huge and huge been a primary focus.

I am travelling to Winnipeg next week to work with Rick Mooyman, our co-host, and the Red River Ex to work on the event. A registration website will be launched soon where you can make your reservations and book sites.

Regular updates will start soon as we are going into the detailed planning of the event

Ian, this is an incredible undertaking. There are obviously a lot of Boler owners who greatly appreciate this idea. Hope the meeting went well. We all will be glad to hear the updates.
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:55 PM   #45

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathi View Post
There are obviously a lot of Boler owners who greatly appreciate this idea.
While this is a very special event for Boler owners, there are a lot of other moulded fibreglass owners looking forward to it too. Might owe Ian a dram of Scotch (or two) for his efforts.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:10 AM   #46

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Epic, this is going to be EPIC! I've been plotting, planning and budgeting since Ian first announced the event last Spring. What a terrific chance to finally meet people I've gotten to know on the forums and we'll all be in one place. I've got the road maps, looking at the route to get there and things to do along the way.

I hope ALL of you come!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:28 AM   #47

Kentucky
Registry
Once in a lifetime event

D: Epic sounds just about right. I'd guess that if you only get to one event in your life, this is the one. Having coordinated small events, I can only imagine the amount of work that Ian has undertaken and I am in awe.

Hope we get to attend this once in a lifetime event. Warm up your passports, people.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:03 AM   #48
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathi View Post
Ian, this is an incredible undertaking. There are obviously a lot of Boler owners who greatly appreciate this idea. Hope the meeting went well. We all will be glad to hear the updates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
While this is a very special event for Boler owners, there are a lot of other moulded fibreglass owners looking forward to it too. Might owe Ian a dram of Scotch (or two) for his efforts.

Thank you all for your encouragement. Yes the meetings that Rick Mooyman and I attended went well. The logistics and detail for this type of event are incredibly detailed and we are working through that right now. Once we have all the details and the costs we will open up a reservation system for both your trailer and for each person attending. We need to start collecting money soon.

This will be an epic event, currently we have:
  • 610 trailers pre-registered
  • 446 Boler's
  • 29 different manufacturers
  • Trailers coming from all Canadian provinces and currently 31 US States

We have room for a maximum of 1000 trailers which means we will all have between 2200-2500 new friends.
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:16 PM   #49

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
We are considering joining 2018 event
What are the costs and how do you pre book
Old 11-13-2017, 10:23 PM   #50

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borden View Post
See the first post.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-13-2017, 10:52 PM   #51

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Hopefully pre registration worked, will watch for email reply
PS. Still do not know cost?
Carole and Borden
4borden@gmail.com
Old 11-14-2017, 08:49 AM   #52
Commercial Member

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borden View Post
The final costs are just being calculated right now and a reservation system is being prepared so you can purchase your passes for the event. We are hoping all this will be available prior to the end on November. We were planning to have the price and reservations available now, but we have to make sure we have all the information, current costs and logistics set before we commit. We don't want to overcharge and have a surplus of funds (although any surplus will be donated to charity) and I cannot afford to undercharge as any shortfall in funding will be taken directly out of my retirement savings.
Stay tuned, I will post here as soon as this is ready
Old 11-14-2017, 09:13 AM   #53

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G. View Post
The final costs are just being calculated right now and a reservation system is being prepared so you can purchase your passes for the event. We are hoping all this will be available prior to the end on November. We were planning to have the price and reservations available now, but we have to make sure we have all the information, current costs and logistics set before we commit. We don't want to overcharge and have a surplus of funds (although any surplus will be donated to charity) and I cannot afford to undercharge as any shortfall in funding will be taken directly out of my retirement savings.
Stay tuned, I will post here as soon as this is ready
Knowing you Ian, this event will be very well planned out, and the costs very fair. I like the idea of ensuring that you charge enough, with the bonus of an excess going to a worthy charity. Besides, attending an event like this will certainly be priceless.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:13 AM   #54

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I've been budgeting and saving since the day you first announced the possibility of this event Ian. "There's no such thing as a free lunch," and IMHO no one should ever going into debt so other people can have fun. As a hot rodder, I've spent big bucks to attend events where the only thing I got for my money was to get into the event... money was paid for the "gate." From that point on, I was nickle and dimed to death for everything I wanted to participate in. It sounds like you are planning a LOT of fun things to do and I thoroughly expect to pay for that privilege. I hope anyone that's planning on going is budgeting and saving as well. Nine months and counting!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:10 AM   #55

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I've been budgeting and saving since the day you first announced the possibility of this event Ian. "There's no such thing as a free lunch," and IMHO no one should ever going into debt so other people can have fun. As a hot rodder, I've spent big bucks to attend events where the only thing I got for my money was to get into the event... money was paid for the "gate." From that point on, I was nickle and dimed to death for everything I wanted to participate in. It sounds like you are planning a LOT of fun things to do and I thoroughly expect to pay for that privilege. I hope anyone that's planning on going is budgeting and saving as well. Nine months and counting!
Should we start an Escape 5.0TA Caravan.

Though my plan is to be in the area a few days before.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:45 AM   #56
Commercial Member

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Should we start an Escape 5.0TA Caravan.

Though my plan is to be in the area a few days before.
If you are interested we are trying to organize caravans travelling to the event. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. The following link is to the discussion group where I have volunteers helping to coordinate this huge effort Home | Boler 50th Anniversary Routes
Old 11-15-2017, 06:54 PM   #57

Name: Eric & Tracey
Trailer: Casita
Michigan
going through Michigan?

Hi, is anybody interested in setting up a route through Michigan? We will be going up I-75 then across the UP.
erpagris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 07:08 PM   #58
Commercial Member

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by erpagris View Post
Hi, is anybody interested in setting up a route through Michigan? We will be going up I-75 then across the UP.
This would be great, please use the discussion forum link in the previous post we have a section for a southern route and would love some help with organizing this.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:25 PM   #59
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by erpagris View Post
We have 2 trailers leaving out of Windsor so far and most likely using the Michigan route , might even be using the Happier Camper Detroit sales office as a launching area for any one that will be using the Michigan route.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:26 AM   #60

Name: Mary Ellen
Trailer: Boler 1700 1978
Ontario
We are planning to go the U.S. way also, from Amherstburg.
Mary Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler