1981 Dolphin Travel Trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2008, 12:07 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Are there any members that live in or very close to Nanimo, British Columbia? The reason I ask is that there is a 1981 Dolphin Travel Trailer up for sale and I was wondering if someone would do me a great big favour and go and have a "real" good look at it for me and report back on it's condition . I live in Calgary, Alberta and Nanimo is many hours away (7 or more hours one way) and I wanted to avoid a long drive only to find it wasn't worth the time and money spent on gas. I would be willing to reimburse for gas. The trailer is located at 4637 Lost Lake Road, Nanaimo, B.C. and the contact number is (250) 716-6035.

Thank you.

(one of these days I'm going to find the trailer of my dreams)
VP1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:32 PM   #2

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Hi Valerie,

Sorry I can't make it down there for the weekend, soccer tournament with the kids taking up sat and sun.

Just be warned the drive is more like 12 hours each way and the ferry will be $75 coming over and around $110 back with the trailer. I was looking at a Trillium in Calgary so I had figured this all out in advance.

If no one else can get there first I believe we are heading down within the next week or so.

Cheers,
Booker
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Hi Valerie,

Sorry I can't make it down there for the weekend, soccer tournament with the kids taking up sat and sun.

Just be warned the drive is more like 12 hours each way and the ferry will be $75 coming over and around $110 back with the trailer. I was looking at a Trillium in Calgary so I had figured this all out in advance.

If no one else can get there first I believe we are heading down within the next week or so.

Cheers,
Booker
Thank you so much. Please don't make a special trip, just if you are going that way for some other reason and can fit this in your schedule. I don't know much about the trailer, I just e-mailed for pictures of the inside and that's about it. Haven't talked to the owner by phone or anything of that nature.

Again, thank you for the offer.

Valerie
Old 04-30-2008, 05:08 PM   #4

Trailer: 1981 17 ft Bigfoot
Quote:
Are there any members that live in or [b]very close to Nanimo, British Columbia? The reason I ask is that there is a 1981 Dolphin Travel Trailer up for sale and I was wondering if someone would do me a great big favour and go and have a "real" good look at it for me and report back on it's condition . I live in Calgary, Alberta and Nanimo is many hours away (7 or more hours one way) and I wanted to avoid a long drive only to find it wasn't worth the time and money spent on gas. I would be willing to reimburse for gas. The trailer is located at 4637 Lost Lake Road, Nanaimo, B.C. and the contact number is (250) 716-6035.

(one of these days I'm going to find the trailer of my dreams)
Hi Valerie,
My husband Jim and I can go into Nanaimo this Saturday afternoon and take a peek at it for you. But I should warn you that we're not terribly knowledgeable about much other than the 'surface' kind of stuff. What sort of info are you interested in? Pat
Pat B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:18 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Hi Valerie,
My husband Jim and I can go into Nanaimo this Saturday afternoon and take a peek at it for you. But I should warn you that we're not terribly knowledgeable about much other than the 'surface' kind of stuff. What sort of info are you interested in? Pat
Be sure to take a copy of the Buyers Check List with you!
Buyers Check List Here
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:43 PM   #6

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Quote:
Just be warned the drive is more like 12 hours each way and the ferry will be $75 coming over and around $110 back with the trailer.
We picked up our 14 ft Surfside in late March and the ferry charges were much lower. It cost us $29 for the Tsawwassen to Nanaimo transit (tow vehicle only) and $60 for the Nanaimo to Tsawwassen return (tow vehicle + Surfside). And yes, we were charged the oversized vehicle fee according to the receipt. Are the ferry costs lower in tthe winter months?

--Lynne

lynneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:03 AM   #7

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
$29 for the ferry? It cost me more than that on my motorbike last summer (seriously) =)

No, you are right, turns out that there are now 'Coast Saver' ferry rates for off peak hours on both Tsawwassen runs. Details are here:

http://www.bcferries.com/promotions/coastsaver.html

Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Hi Valerie,

Following the inspection report would be great, but please don't make a special trip to see it, only if you happen to be going in that direction. I don't want anyone to go out of their way!!!

Thank you!!!

Valerie
Old 05-06-2008, 10:41 AM   #9

Quote:
Hi Valerie,
A great big thank you to Pat and Jim for checking out this trailer for me this past weekend . It was greatly appreciated!!! Unfortunately, it's not the trailer I'm looking for . The search continues.

Valerie

Tags
dolphin