Should I buy a Burro? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-02-2021, 02:21 PM   #1

Name: Bruce
Trailer: Burro
Ohio
Should I buy a Burro?

Hi! I just joined this website. We are thinking of buying a 1982 Burro. Seller says everything works and no leaks, and is asking $1,200. Advice? We're looking for a camping trailer under 2,000 pounds total.
Bruce9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 02:44 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
$1,200? are you sure?????? Seems like a zero is missing off the end....

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 03:33 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
$1,200? are you sure?????? Seems like a zero is missing off the end....

Thought we weren't allowed to comment on price.
Old 01-02-2021, 03:56 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Shhhh, just do it! After a careful inspection of course

On second thought, be very careful that this is not a scam. Thats a price I frequently see posted by scammers on FB marketplace.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 04:52 PM   #5

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce9 View Post
Hi! I just joined this website. We are thinking of buying a 1982 Burro. Seller says everything works and no leaks, and is asking $1,200. Advice? We're looking for a camping trailer under 2,000 pounds total.
The only things I see wrong are the price and texting only, and one of the two listings has been removed by author. If you have not already bought it, it's gone. Please let us know how it goes, but DO NOT PUT MONEY DOWN> get the title (and RV) in hand first.
Attached Thumbnails
2021-01-02 16_41_10-Greenshot.png  
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 05:39 PM   #6

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
It’s either a scam or gone. These trailers do not last long enough to get an answer to “hey is this a good deal?” In this case, price is ridiculously low which typically means scam.

I see below it has been verified as a scam. Go figure. Something for nearly nothing. Be aware. Thats how scammers work.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 05:54 PM   #7

Name: Bruce
Ohio
Thanks for the advice!

Appreciate it. This site says it's a scam: https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/...l-trailer-1200
Bruce9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 05:12 PM   #8

Name: Michael
Trailer: Trail Cruiser
Alberta
Fiberglass trailers are significantly better quality than stick-built aluminum covered units. They last much longer, are much less prone to weather leaks and their resale value is much higher. This would be a fantastic deal barring legal implications or significant damage to the unit. If offered a deal like this I would move on it immediately. Personally inspect the unit for damage and make your offer subject to transferability of ownership. NO MONEY UP FRONT!
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:22 PM   #9

Registry
Read the scam alert. Scammer "borrowed" pictures and text from a real Burro that sold for $11,000. Contacting this scammer in hopes of getting a deal are playing with fire. A talented scammer will know how to separate you from your money.
Old 01-09-2021, 01:22 PM   #10

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Just as a comparison, I drove 750 miles to pay twice that for one that was halfway through a rebuild, and that was nearly ten years ago. “If it seems too good to be true, it probably is!”

Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 01:22 PM   #11

Name: Reinout
Trailer: In the Market
WA
Most likely a scam. Do a Google Image search

I do a google image search for things that are "too good to be true".

When I was working at a major bike manufacturer I had a warranty claim for an expensive bike. The pictures didn't line up and I did the google image search and found the original picture. This guy tried to pull out all the stops but in the end he admitted the attempt at fraud. Needless to say he won't be buying from us OR REI anytime soon.

My wife's cousing DID however find a burro for $700 which her and her husband are rebuilding: https://www.youtube.com/user/erinadachi
Reinout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 02:05 PM   #12

Virginia
Registry
My Burro had just had the work you show in Parts one and two done when I bought it. I’d say the extra $1600 I paid was well worth it to have all that work done already. Thanks for posting those excellent videos.

Froggie
Old 01-09-2021, 05:34 PM   #13

Name: Rob
New Mexico
Registry
Burro

We bought our 1981 Burro in 1997 for $1200
amazing price for today.
It’s a great trailer. we tow with a 2 L diesel station wagon And get mid to high 20s mpg
Burro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 04:58 PM   #14

Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 ft (My Burrito!)
Hi! I love my 13ft 82 Burro I've had since 88..I'm kind of considering selling, as I have a lot of health problems.. it's in rather good condition with a new FG job about 3 years ago..Does anyone have an idea of a fair price??
Karen L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 05:39 PM   #15

WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen L. View Post
Hi! I love my 13ft 82 Burro I've had since 88..I'm kind of considering selling, as I have a lot of health problems.. it's in rather good condition with a new FG job about 3 years ago..Does anyone have an idea of a fair price??
Hi Karen. I'd suggest doing some research in a few places such as the Classifieds section of this website, Ebay, Offerup, and Craigslist. For Craigslist you can search ALL of Craigslist here searchcraigslist.net

You can then compare your trailer with others that are currently being sold or have already sold and get an idea of pricing that way. Depending on your market you might be able to ask for more than "normal". I would say though that you're nearing the end of the season and people are looking for deals right now: that might hurt the value.

The guy who we bought our Scamp from, his neighbor just bought a 13foot Boler for $12k, and we're in the Tacoma/Seattle area if that helps.

This article might help on the timing part: https://rvlife.com/best-time-to-sell-my-rv/
Old 08-31-2022, 05:43 PM   #16

Thanks! Im in Olympia & guy that is interested is South..in Vancouver! Ive come across prices from $6800.00 -$11,000.! I appreciate your reply!!
Old 08-31-2022, 05:47 PM   #17

WA
Quote:
Thanks! Im in Olympia & guy that is interested is South..in Vancouver! Ive come across prices from $6800.00 -$11,000.! I appreciate your reply!!
Of course. As with anything, ask high and expect to get less. If you've done upgrades to the Burro such as electrical stuff: led lighting, solar, fridge, etc, take that into consideration. While it might be a 1980s Burro, it has 21st century tech.
Old 08-31-2022, 05:51 PM   #18

Thanks again! Im going to take my time on a decision! I do love BURRITO!
Old 08-31-2022, 05:58 PM   #19

Virginia
Registry
Quote:
This may not be the very best time of year to sell it, but they’re so sought after, you shouldn’t have much of a problem selling it even now. Prices are pretty high compared to other (non FG) campers and features that will affect price are overall condition and appearance, interior, presence or absence of stove, fridge, and furnace, and who’s looking at it. In fine condition with all features working, I’m going to guess a starting price of $5000 wouldn’t be totally out of line, but since I bought mine as a shell with no appliances over ten years ago, I may be way off. Check with others before you actually advertise a price.

Froggie
Old 08-31-2022, 06:41 PM   #20

Registry
Fiberglass RV 4 sale site keeps old ads of trailers that have sold. Assume they went for close to full ask or full ask.

Tags
burro