New 19' Escape Trailer Coming Soon!!!! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-25-2008, 10:05 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Yep, I like a rear dinette or "Living" area too, for the above reasons +...

It allows me to see what is going on in my site and around it easier. Last nite, I had a fire going, but was in and out of the trailer. I did not want to douse the fire because I was sitting by it intermittently. Having the living area in the rear allowed me to check the fire while inside, instead of getting up to peek.

The door in front also makes it more handy when hitching etc, as my storage for those supplies is inside the trailer. No walking too far back and forth.

In my 13, that was my only regret about doing the front dinette. My view was the road, not my campsite. With the dinette on the side as you have pictured, it would be a road view too.
I'm getting confused here. With just the two of us, the dinette at the back stays down as our bed and we use the dinette at the front. We have a great view out either end. For one, the tow is nearby, but not hooked up and for another we went to a semi-organized campsite on a lake. We had views of the trees and a view of the lake, depending which window you're looking out of. We had no view of a road.

Perhaps you could have plasma screens installed inside the windows and then you could tune into the view you want. I'm joking, of course, but really your view is where you've chosen to be.

baglo
Attached Thumbnails
keath_river_camp_web.jpg  
Old 08-26-2008, 12:01 AM   #22
Commercial Member

Trailer: Escape Manufacturer
This plan is essentially an extended version of the 17' Escape. This will keep the door close to the front, keep large front and rear windows and offers a 4 person dinette. I'm leanin toward this one!
Reace

Click image for larger version

Name:	tandem_plan_2.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	15423

Reace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:09 AM   #23

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
I've been trying for years to get Casita to consider this unit, ....no luck.

Give a look, ....24ft with couch, dinette and full sized bed.
Attached Thumbnails
CasaGrande3.jpg  
LSChilders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:30 AM   #24
Commercial Member

Click image for larger version

Name:	tandem_plan_2a.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	15428

Sorry.....I shrunk it down a bit so it can be viewed.

Reace
Old 08-26-2008, 02:25 AM   #25

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Reace,
While in the dreaming stage of design, how about a fore/aft position for the bed. Crawling over a soundly sleeping partner can be a real drag!
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:51 AM   #26

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Attachment 15428

Sorry.....I shrunk it down a bit so it can be viewed.

Reace
I prefer this layout. I like the separation of the beds for when you have others staying with you.

Rob M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:59 AM   #27

Trailer: 1990 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Quote:
This version is still just preliminary stages and not set in stone. We are still kicking around another design that would leave the door at the front of the trailer. I will post an updated plan soon.

The unit is projected to have a dry weight of 2600 lbs.

As always, we offer pretty low introductory pricing for those early orders (not yet). I will add a standard feature list with pricing soon.

Reace
I vote for the front door/rear bed version. Trailer looks wonderful. Any hope of a 1800 pound 15 footer that could be pulled by a 4 cylinder? Big gas prices and all...
Cam A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:33 AM   #28

Trailer: 2003 Casita Liberty Deluxe
I'm in agreement with Kurt. I would prefer a bed that didn't require crawling over somebody to get in or out. That would be the deal breaker for me. Plus, for those who prefer single beds, having a single bed as an option might be enticing.
Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:04 AM   #29

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I like this one.
Attached Thumbnails
19Footer_DD.gif  
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:26 AM   #30

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
[quote]This plan is essentially an extended version of the 17' Escape. This will keep the door close to the front, keep large front and rear windows and offers a 4 person dinette. I'm leanin toward this one!
Reace

Attachment 15423
Hi: Reace... I realize it maybe concidered "Nit picky" but would this floor plan (Rear bed/front door) eliminate the awning brace crossing in the center of the window???
We also like the for/aft sleeping arrangement!!! One can get up and start the coffee while the other sleeps in and we know "Who" that is.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:55 AM   #31

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Add my vote to the rear dinette crowd and Donna's floor-plan, for enjoying the views.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:59 AM   #32

Trailer: Trillium 4500 and 17 ft Eggcamper
Quote:
I like this one.

I Like Donna's, too, providing ther are deep, long storage drawers under the bed, to facilitate weight distribution while traveling. Thanks for allowing us input during the planning stages. Vi
Vi Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:17 AM   #33

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
The biggest thing I don't like about the center bath is that it puts a bulky object in the middle of the trailer, taking away from a more open, larger feel. I, for one, would like the bathroom to be as small as possible using a wet bath. For the most part we would use facilities provided where we are camping, but would still like a functional bath for when it is needed. I guess though that others prefer a larger bath from feedback Reace got.

Here is an idea I threw together quickly, but is close to scale.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Escape_19_Idea.pdf (15.4 KB, 113 views)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:23 AM   #34

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
I Like Donna's, too, providing ther are deep, long storage drawers under the bed, to facilitate weight distribution while traveling. Thanks for allowing us input during the planning stages. Vi
I too like Donna's plan, but it would have to be much longer then 19' to accommodate, making it much heavier. A while ago I played with ideas to fit a bed in a 19' trailer with access to both sides, but too much other stuff would have to be sacrificed to accommodate this. It would be great, just not too feasible.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:36 AM   #35

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
I have to say very impressive!!! I would love the have the 5.0 but as they say "in your dreams'...... If I sell my scamp 5er in the next yr.. maybe.. just maybe I will get to get one...
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:48 AM   #36

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I too like Donna's plan, but it would have to be much longer then 19' to accommodate, making it much heavier.
I cheated, it's the 5th wheel layout, but with the bed down at floor level instead of in the "nose." The side bath Escape 5th wheel isn't oppressive. There's still plenty of openness about the whole trailer. Side baths allow for windows front and back too. I like lots of natural lighting. I know a few people have mentioned wanting the bed at the back to get it away from the road noise. But, I figure I've got at least the tug length away from the road and would much prefer viewing trees or a vista while dining/relaxing rather than the back of my tug.

I was once told to not purchase a house because of the extra guest rooms... that's why they make motels. In my selfish way, I would look to purchase a trailer for myself and maybe one other person. I know there are those that travel with more than two people; perhaps a bunk could be created for over the rear dinette?

I know without a doubt, that whatever floor plan Escape finally comes up with the entire trailer is going to be spectacular.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:15 AM   #37

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
Reace's proposed front door layout is almost identical to the Trillium 5500, the fridge/stove and sink are on the opposite sides. With just two of us I find the layout quite functional, and it works well for us. The one thing I would have liked is outside hatch access to the areas under the rear bed, which we leave down all the time.

It's great to see a company actually listening to their customers requests and making changes as they can,still keeping the price reasonable

Joe
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:50 AM   #38
Commercial Member

Haha..... I thought that floorplan looked familiar Donna! That plan is 19'-6"......the new trailer body will only be 16'.

I know the front to rear bed tops (almost) everyone's list of wants but.....there are a few factors to keep in mind.

This layout would require an additional 12" of length only to achieve a 6' bed.

The other issue with fiberglass trailers, the inner cabinetry construction is what provides most of the structural strength. The only way to achieve this type of layout is to have a full 7' wide bed or 5' bed with a 12" cabinet on either side. In my opinion, both are not practical or an efficient use of space, which in a small trailer, are huge factors.

Reace
Old 08-26-2008, 11:03 AM   #39

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe / 1997 Toyota 4Runner LTD (Draw-Tite WDH
[quote]This plan is essentially an extended version of the 17' Escape. This will keep the door close to the front, keep large front and rear windows and offers a 4 person dinette. I'm leanin toward this one!
Reace

Attachment 15423

Reace, for us, this is close to perfect in layout: sitting area/bed at rear; separate 2-person eating area at the front; front-to-back windows and light; full bath; headroom for a 6'2" husband.

The width, which is 4" more than the Casita we have at present, trades an infinitely more comfortable bed for the convenience of being able to see traffic behind the trailer without needing to install wider mirrors.

HOWEVER... one of the factors that led to our choice of a 17' trailer was the length restriction that most U.S. (and perhaps Canadian?) state/national/county parks place on trailers in tent sites. A trailer that is 17' or shorter (rarely, 18' or shorter) can go into a tent site. Those that are longer must go into trailer sites. It's been our experience that tent sites are generally more beautiful, particularly in the national parks, than trailer sites.

Would you consider increasing the headroom in the 17', an otherwise perfect trailer?
E. Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:28 AM   #40
Commercial Member

Part of the design concerns are keeping things proportionate. The reason the 19' is going to be taller and wider is to go along with the length. If I didn't, the trailer would look too much like a tube. The same goes with the 17'.....taller would be too narrow. Sorry.....lots of small details that we need to maintain to keep things aesthetically pleasing.

Reace

Tags
escape