Burro headliner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2020, 09:39 PM   #1

Name: Janice
Trailer: Burro
Alabama
Burro headliner

What type adhesive to use to stick reflectix first and then to glue carpet to reflectix on ceiling of 82 Burro
janicedfields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 07:46 AM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
what i used on our 40f bus

I used some sort of glue that came in a gal can. rolled it on and it stuck good.

check the hardware store cant recall the brand

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 07:54 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Automotive headliner adhesive is another good bet.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 09:08 AM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
not sure

jon it seems like it was headliner glue but 15 years ago cant remember! but whatever it was it worked but it would make you dizzy while applying it! I put 1/4 in foam then glued naugauhyde to that.

LOL

bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Automotive headliner adhesive is another good bet.
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 09:24 AM   #5

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
I used high temperature spray contact cement. Make sure it is high temperature. Another guy I know did it with standard spray and it came loose.
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 10:27 AM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
jon it seems like it was headliner glue but 15 years ago cant remember! but whatever it was it worked but it would make you dizzy while applying it! I put 1/4 in foam then glued naugauhyde to that.

LOL

bob
Most of the products mentioned in this thread will do that. Ventilate well.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 02:02 PM   #7

Name: Tom
Trailer: Amerigo
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by janicedfields View Post
What type adhesive to use to stick reflectix first and then to glue carpet to reflectix on ceiling of 82 Burro
I was an installer of those types of products for many years my first question is why reflectix? If for insulating I would keep looking for a better product. Amazon has many peel and stick automotive sound deadener insulation. The "carpet" is not so much a carpet as nice looking sound deadener. I had a motorhome where ceiling had this acoustical carpet on the ceiling. That is what I would look for it is light weight and is much easier to install than conventional carpet. Acousta-chord is a brand name that comes to mind. Most time i would precut a sheet leaving extra to trim off. Conventional wall covering adhesives do work if paste both the surface and the goods allow to dry somewhat until tacky, then apply. I think you could use carpet glue also on the surface then press the goods into the glue, using a small piece of plexiglass. ( Well rounded corners and edges) working overhead you need to think like and octopus or have a very close friend nearby......
bigangelman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro