Escape owner input needed - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2020, 03:18 PM   #1

Name: Hogndogz
Trailer: Escape
South Carolina
Escape owner input needed

We are in the process of ordering an Escape 17 & are considering the frameless window option. I have read that some owners are complaining that the screens for the frameless windows do not fit well. I would appreciate any feedback on these windows from owners with them.
Thanks

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon
Charles G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 03:20 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles G. View Post
We are in the process of ordering an Escape 17 & are considering the frameless window option. I have read that some owners are complaining that the screens for the frameless windows do not fit well. I would appreciate any feedback on these windows from owners with them.
Thanks
Mine fit fine, although they are a bit difficult to reinsert after removal.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 04:32 PM   #3

South Carolina
Thanks Jon. I appreciate your quick response
Old 06-20-2020, 09:14 AM   #4

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
I had to repair the screen on one of my windows and found the fit quite good when I removed and replaced it. My complaint on the tilt windows is that they don't open wide enough to allow decent ventilation. If I had it to do over I'd sticker with sliders.

Walt
Old 06-20-2020, 12:34 PM   #5

Name: BJ
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21' Formerly 2015 Escape 19'
Wisconsin
I agree with the previous respondent. Poor circulation, even with the fan going max. I had a 19 with sliders and a 21 with frameless. In spite of once leaving the slider open during a hard rainstorm, I would still get the sliders again. There is a hack for the frameless windows which allow the window to open wider, and I am sure you can look it up on the Escape forum. the Screens fit just fine, the only problem is when you have to remove and then replace.
bjsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 12:40 PM   #6

South Carolina
Thanks everyone for your responses. We have decided to go with the framed/slider style windows.

Chuck

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon
Old 06-20-2020, 01:21 PM   #7

SW Virginia
If anyone can point to the hack on the tilt frameless windows it would be much appreciated. Personally I would not offer them even as an option.

Walt
Old 06-20-2020, 02:17 PM   #8

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
If anyone can point to the hack on the tilt frameless windows it would be much appreciated. Personally I would not offer them even as an option.

Walt
While everyone can make their own decision, I've found no problem with ventilation using the Maxx Fan & the frameless windows. I had the framed windows in my 17, and ended up with a wet bed more than once...
Old 06-20-2020, 05:03 PM   #9

SW Virginia
Ah yes. Well back then I had WindorMaxxs on my sliders to avoid that.
I'm seriously considering replacing at least one large frameless with a slider but leaving the two small ones over my bed with the frameless just for that reason.

Oh yes, I almost forgot to mention I still have one WindowMaxx new in the box for that mod.[emoji3061]

Walt
Old 06-20-2020, 05:20 PM   #10

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
Ah yes. Well back then I had WindorMaxxs on my sliders to avoid that.
I'm seriously considering replacing at least one large frameless with a slider but leaving the two small ones over my bed with the frameless just for that reason.

Oh yes, I almost forgot to mention I still have one WindowMaxx new in the box for that mod.[emoji3061]

Walt
You better keep that hidden. They are worth their weight in gold!

Tags
escape