ECO / Boler floor fix? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2020, 08:05 AM   #1

Name: dean
Trailer: ECO
Texas
ECO / Boler floor fix?

Hello Friends...

I have a 1974 ECO that has a small bad spot on the floor at the right side of the door entry spot.... How do I fix this...

Thinking of cutting the old piece out probably 6x6 area (not very big) and somehow stick a new piece in that spot...
Questions:
1) how would I fix the new piece in place?
2) appears there is resin on the wood floor sheet, do I need to coat this new peice... assume I will do something there..
3) Do I replace with marine grade plywood or some other material?
4) other options of a filler
5) Could I just adhere/fasten a new piece of marine grade plywood underneath that area and screw it in then coat it

Thanks in advance for your input...

Dean
dacjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 12:01 PM   #2

Name: ALBERT
Trailer: EL MACHO (ELMAC)
California
Registry
I cut out the bad spot, cut same thickness and size of marine plywood, fit patch into cut hole, then backed with another, larger piece, and glued this from under floor. At 4 corners (more if needed) inserted from inside, flat head bolts (counter sank so even with floor) put fender washer, lock washer, and bolted securely. touched up to match nearby area, then re-applied resin. A month later, I re-tightened to make sure tight, trimmed any excess bolt length, and pinned just a bit. one year and 7 mts. stronger then ever,
ALBERT M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 12:52 PM   #3

Name: Dave and Bonnie
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
My '77 Boler had a weak spot at the door. The Hitch people in Burnaby came up with welding a metal plate to the frame where it was weak and works really well. The floor is supported by the plate underneath. May be a big of a super fix where its not needed. the suggestion to replace plywood and then cover with a bigger piece underneath works too.

Dave (and "Berniece)
Attached Thumbnails
PorteauCove 2019.jpg  
daveandbonscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 02:29 PM   #4

Texas
Thanks.... sounds intense... not good with fiberglass...
Old 12-11-2020, 02:30 PM   #5

Texas
I am thinking on the lines of a support... metal or wood under the bad spot after I remove the bad and replace with a good piece... and sealed... it is right under the door edge and the couch corner so I have to work around the bench bottom as well...

Tags
boler, eco