Bigfoot 25RT, Intech Terra Oasis, or Escape 23 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2021, 10:30 PM   #1

Name: Chris
Trailer: Current- Lance Model #1985 (Looking at Bigfoot 25b25rt
Oregon
Bigfoot 25RT, Intech Terra Oasis, or Escape 23

Hello all,

We just got out of our Lance 1985 and are looking for our next trailer. We had made up our minds on the Bigfoot 25RT until we came by the Intech Terra Oasis, and then the Escape 23. Thoughts??? Those of you that own any of the 3 brands, pros, cons, concerns, quality???? Thank you!
wercsje1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 08:25 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Intech is not all-molded, and I haven’t run across any owners here, unless they’re keeping quiet.

AFAIK, the Escape 23 has not been released yet. Have you checked with Escape about their timetable and whether they are accepting pre-orders?

Bigfoot 25 is nice and generally well-regarded, but heavy, thanks in part to four-season construction. It requires a 3/4T or equivalent to tow.

What are your basic requirements?
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 09:44 AM   #3

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by wercsje1 View Post
Hello all,

We just got out of our Lance 1985 and are looking for our next trailer. We had made up our minds on the Bigfoot 25RT until we came by the Intech Terra Oasis, and then the Escape 23. Thoughts??? Those of you that own any of the 3 brands, pros, cons, concerns, quality???? Thank you!
Out of curiosity, what was your experience with your Lance 1985? I noticed that the Lance 2075 is not on your list and is similar in size and floor plan to the other trailers you list. Laura and I have been in several Bigfoot 25s including the twin bed model. They are exceptional, but just too big for us. We are closely watching the Escape 23 that will be lighter and “slightly” smaller than the Bigfoot. Plus, Escape offers a contemporary interior that we prefer. Speaking of contemporary, love the looks inside and out of the Intech Terra Oasis. I have been in other Intech products, but not the Terra Oasis. Once again, just too big for us and we have a strong preference for molded fiberglass. If we were to leave the fiberglass world, it would be for the Safari Condo F2414, but they approach Oliver prices, so we would just get an Oliver!

Looking forward to reading other comments about your post.

Wishing you the best,

Dean
DeanCHS1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 04:35 AM   #4

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Do not know anything about Intech Terra Oasis. It looks cool. Is it new? Is it mass-produced vs the fiberglass trailers? If I had the money, I favor BigFoot and then Escape.
I love fiberglass because I do not have to worry about leaks & the build quality is very good.
I just watched the factory tour on the Intech Terra. ( expensive )
The separate shower is awesome. Seems to be very good quality. I would have a question about the seams in the front glass area and the roof if leaks would happen?
As you know you can go crazy trying to decide. LOL.
Let us know what you decide.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 02:18 PM   #5

Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022 (was 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17)
Massachusetts
AFAIK, the Escape23 prototype has not been built yet. There's a video on their Escape23 web page,

https://escapetrailer.com/the-23-escape/

from 27August, which suggests they won't be building them before this winter.

Like many others, I'm sure, I put my name on their Waitlist, from which they say they'll pick a few next year and those will go to the head of the line. The rest will be waiting until 2023 it seems.

We'd really like a molded fiberglass trailer with twin beds and a separate dinette, but the Oliver Elite II and the Bigfoot25 are too expensive. Who knows; the Escape23 may be too.

If we wanted to spend as much as those cost, I wonder about maybe a Class B/B+ camper/motorhome, some of which offer twins. But of course then you get into towing another vehicle so you can leave your camper set up. . .

And, of course, there are stickies with twins or bunks, but suprisingly, those I've looked at on-line are mostly available at dealers hundreds of miles from us.

Well, in the meantime, we've got our little Casita. Just improved the small-bed setup/takedown a little, so we'll see how that goes. —LEJ

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 03:40 PM   #6

Name: Mike
Trailer: Oliver Elite II
Boerne, Texas
We’ve looked at the Intech Terra Oasis at a local dealer. It’s very nice with some appealing features. It is an entirely different construction than either the Bigfoot or Escape having a welded aluminum frame. It does approach the cost of a new Oliver Elite II and is a little bigger and heavier.
2016 Oliver Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L Turbo Diesel
Carol and Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 09:24 PM   #7

Name: Chris
Trailer: Current- Lance Model #1985 (Looking at Bigfoot 25b25rt
Oregon
Thank you all for your input. We put our order in for a 25B25RT Bigfoot yesterday. [emoji16]
wercsje1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 08:01 AM   #8

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Quote:
Thank you all for your input. We put our order in for a 25B25RT Bigfoot yesterday. [emoji16]
Congrats!!!! Did they tell you the build time?
I heard in some fiberglass trailers it is over a year.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 09:17 AM   #9

Name: Dean
Kentucky
Registry
Quote:
Hi,

Outstanding! We just attended the Tybee Island Egg Scramble. Our neighbors in the campground are on their 3rd Bigfoot including two 25 foot models. Their current Bigfoot 25 is the twin bed model.

I am sure your Bigfoot will bring you a lifetime of comfortable traveling memories. Enjoy the anticipation and enjoy your Bigfoot!

Happy camping,

Dean
DeanCHS1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 03:25 PM   #10

Name: Ed
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RT
Colorado
Quote:
Our Bigfoot 25RT arrived at Trailer World of Denver yesterday.
Exactly one year from the date we ordered it. As soon as we get the solar/battery package installed we’re on the road.
IMEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 12:19 PM   #11

Name: Evans
Trailer: Currently awaiting Bigfoot 25B25RT
Texas
Congratulations on your order.! Can you share with us the approx delivery date they gave you. I ordered the 25RT in June and they said 12-14 months...
Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 06:07 PM   #12

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans View Post
Congratulations on your order.! Can you share with us the approx delivery date they gave you. I ordered the 25RT in June and they said 12-14 months...
The dealer thought around June but between Covid, forest fires near the BF factory that required some employees to evacuate , supply chain issues worse than projected, on and on. The actual time was 12 months.

We pick it up next Tuesday.
Old 10-13-2021, 10:22 AM   #13

Name: Jane
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Indiana
Bigfoot 25RQ

Our Bigfoot was due to be delivered in April. We bought it early in December from Southland RV. It was one of the two they get each month. We have yet to get it. I am so thrilled to know that someone actually has a pick-up day for theirs. I am hoping by the end of this month ours will be ready. It has been a long, frustrating wait. Bigfoot makes great trailers. We sold our Oliver to buy this trailer. Sadly, we sold it too soon! Happy Trails.
JaneandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 11:50 AM   #14

Name: Patti and Steve
Trailer: 06 Bigfoot 21FB,w/2015 GMC Sierra 2500 diesel.
Oregon
In 06 we decided to take the plunge and bought our 21FB BigFoot at Fred's RV in Sandy Oregon. Not once have I had any doubts or looked back with any regrets in our decision.
simplehuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 12:42 PM   #15

Name: Mitch
Idaho
Northern lite has a new trailer in the works. We just sold our 1995. Quality must have been a Friday build. Also thinking of downsizing and up grading to an Escape 19 or 21. As far as a true 4 season, the Inperial Outdoors Explor22 is impressive.
mtbmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 06:11 PM   #16

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneandBob View Post
Our Bigfoot was due to be delivered in April. We bought it early in December from Southland RV. It was one of the two they get each month. We have yet to get it. I am so thrilled to know that someone actually has a pick-up day for theirs. I am hoping by the end of this month ours will be ready. It has been a long, frustrating wait. Bigfoot makes great trailers. We sold our Oliver to buy this trailer. Sadly, we sold it too soon! Happy Trails.

Here is part of an e-mail I received from Grant, the owner of BF explaining what they are dealing with. Most of it applies to all RV manufacturers.

“The industry became quite a mess with covid. I know there are many sensitive feeling around this pandemic. I only relate to this on how it has impacted our business and people we know personally who have had tougher times because of it. Some of this has been overwhelmingly positive with very strong sales at a time when the industry has been challenged to deliver.

The supply chain has the ports bound up waiting for the cargo containers to be unloaded. Additionally people being able and or willing to work, the Texas ice storm which affected most things made from chemicals like our glues, and resins. More recently a crazy fire season which has some of our employees evacuated from their homes and 1 street address away from having the plant evacuated. This week the fire was rated as being held for the first time. This weekend they are moving back after 5 weeks of not being in their homes.

We are hoping everything is moving in a trend of improving but this seems to depend on how we deal with what seems like this last stretch of covid cases increasing.

Our community is worse now than it was before vaccinations. Everything opened for the the summer as we are a sought after vacation spot for Western Canada. Our population increases significantly in the summer months. There was emphasis put on Vaccinations bringing down the #’s. But with the Delta Variant the case #’s reported are higher than ever in our area. Which has us at the plant with more at risk of an exposure. We have been very diligent and followed all mandatory health guide lines! But is frustrating we could be impacted by young people who came to our area as a vacation spot spreading it to new levels. The good is summer has come to an end and the majority of vacationers are heading back to their communities.

We have recently had people in the plant exposed and have one in forced isolation. They do not have covid but have had an exposure so are in forced isolation. We are seeing more people getting tested again.

Us like everyone just want to see things normalize a little. Looking forward to smoother operations ahead”
Old 10-13-2021, 08:19 PM   #17

Name: Barbara
Trailer: Bigfoot
Colorado
Quote:
Congratulations! Great choice! We have the very first or second 25RT that rolled out of the plant. We picked it up at the border in 2016 and have been happily modifying it ever since. The only, and I mean only, quibble we have is the propane cover opening. It's awkward to lift those heavy bottles straight up and, once filled, back down through the small opening.

We pulled a Casita for five years before we got our Bigfoot and loved it as well. But, I'm confident our Casita wouldn't have kept us toasty warm...and the water running...in the near-zero temps we've camped in as we hightail it out of Denver every year in January. The Bigfoot delivers on the four-season billing. Yes, it is heavy, but we tow with an F-150 and, over the 30,000 miles we have traveled, we have never felt unsafe. We do carefully watch our weight in both truck and trailer though.

Again, congrats, and we hope you are as thrilled with your choice as we have been with ours.
Flourgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 08:26 PM   #18

Name: Patti and Steve
Trailer: 06 Bigfoot 21FB,w/2015 GMC Sierra 2500 diesel.
Oregon
Congrats! I'm sure you will love yours as much as we love ours. Hope to hear more from you once you get it and hit the road.
Happy trails.
simplehuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 06:11 AM   #19

Name: Ted
Trailer: 2023 Bigfoot 25B25RQ Twin Bed
Ontario
New member. Considering upgrading our current TT to a 2022 Bigfoot 25' RBT. Would appreciate any comments on known issues for newer models. Feel free to PM me. Thank you!
Mattedfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 09:32 AM   #20

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattedfred View Post
New member. Considering upgrading our current TT to a 2022 Bigfoot 25' RBT. Would appreciate any comments on known issues for newer models. Feel free to PM me. Thank you!
We have put about 5,000 miles on our 2022 25'RT. Took possession in October of last year.
Zero issues. Not even little ones.

Ed

Tags
bigfoot, escape