Filtered Drinking Water in Casita - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-26-2021, 08:33 PM   #41

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
$0.50 per gallon for water thats been like quadruple filtered in-store using particulate filter, sediment filter, reverse osmosis, and activated charcoal 'polishing' ? and someone maintains that room sized filteration system and keeps it in top shape? We were going to install a whole house sediment + softener system, with point-of-delivery R/O, but it would take 20 years to break even. 5 gallons lasts us about a week for drinking, cooking, ice, and coffee.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 01:34 PM   #42

Name: Keith
Trailer: Scamp
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith2000 View Post
We have done what the OP proposes in our Escape and it works just fine. Never have flow rate issues and never have weird flavors. Go for it, just check all your connections and make sure you use a good pressure limiter. Some camp sites have crazy high pressure. Water leaks are the worst.

In our Scamp we use the rv hose filter and then a faucet mounted filter for drinking water. This works, too. It is just a bit less elegant looking with the big filter mounted on the end of the faucet. I also worry about it putting stress on the faucet. So will likely change it in the future.
One thing to remember is to remove or bypass the under-counter filter before running antifreeze into your system.

I remembered this as the faucet was putting out light pink foam instead of dark pink liquid. So dumb, but I guess it is now time to change that filter as part of the de-winterizing process. But man did that filter try hard to clean that antifreeze.
Keith2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 11:49 AM   #43

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe
Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villen View Post
But you live in a robber state. I am sure you can head for a less punitive area on vacation? Or permanent?
Even at that price it beats laying out larger amounts for a real filter system. Cheaper than soda pop and makes better tea.
I'll be glad to pay the $1.25 a gallon because I know the spring it comes from and I know the the results of their Microbiological and Environmental testing. Some of the best in the whole country!!! Mayer Brother's Springbrook Springs, East Concord, NY. And to think they contract with Wallyworld. Drink it at home and start out with it when on the road. When we run out when on the road we switch to regular Wallyworld bottled water.

And NY is not such a robber state as many think. My son moved to Pennsylvania, and he pays higher taxes there! And we don't have to worry about hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, and other Mother Nature issues, just the snow and ice. I'm glad to put up that that for 4 or 5 months! Learned to drive on it years ago and it's a piece of cake!
parmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 07:15 AM   #44

Name: Steven
Trailer: Casita
North Carolina
I put a water filter in-line just after the water pump so that all water going into the Casita from the fresh water tank would be filtered, hot and cold.

Then I filter that water again for drinking. I use a Brita water filter which I keep in the refrigerator
StevePaynter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 07:54 AM   #45

Name: Joel
Trailer: shopping
Tx
filtered pitcher

We carry a pitcher that has a filter byilt into it. We use this for our coffee and drinking water only. All other uses come from the city hook up or tank.
jeepers29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 12:15 PM   #46

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
I just saw some idiot at the gym.
He put a water bottle in the Pringles holder on the treadmill.
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 01:42 PM   #47

Name: Joel
Trailer: shopping
Tx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybob View Post
I just saw some idiot at the gym.
He put a water bottle in the Pringles holder on the treadmill.
The old saying, " you can't fix stupid" LOL
jeepers29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 09:39 AM   #48

Name: Gigi
Trailer: 1972 Lovebug 1970 Eriba Puck 1991 Mallard Sprinter Class C
Minnesota & Arizona
I have two of the Berkey water systems for my home and campers. They are fabulous and offer the best drinking water. In stainless steel and filters you can clean, they are attractive and cost effective.
Www.theberkey.com I think. I have the smaller one in the Lovebug that is mounted on a shelf attached to my upper cabinet.
Artist Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 09:59 AM   #49

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe
Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villen View Post
But you live in a robber state. I am sure you can head for a less punitive area on vacation? Or permanent?
Even at that price it beats laying out larger amounts for a real filter system. Cheaper than soda pop and makes better tea.
Gas tax is higher Pa and horrible in Florida!!! So much of the nick name of "Robber State"!!!
parmm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita