Casita Roof Rack ? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2022, 10:53 AM   #21

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpat View Post
Not neccessarily. If you are camped within a comfortable for you distance, you can get wheels to strap onto your canoe or kayak and pull it to the water. I've done that for years with my kayaks. Some people tow with bicycles.
My manly men friends hoist their kayak onto their shoulder, (this is commonly done) and carry the kayak to the lake.
That's fine if you can camp next to a lake, but if you paddle a river, it's a long portage.
Old 02-01-2022, 11:41 AM   #22

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
That's fine if you can camp next to a lake, but if you paddle a river, it's a long portage.
Note the Comfortable For You comment. When I was younger, I pulled my kayak with wheels a couple of blocks to the water. Depending on what you call Next To A Lake and I'll add Or River, it's usually doable. Been there, done that.

Oh, and we've wrasselled them down and up some gnarly banks and around one small dam.
slowpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 11:53 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpat View Post
Note the Comfortable For You comment. When I was younger, I pulled my kayak with wheels a couple of blocks to the water. Depending on what you call Next To A Lake and I'll add Or River, it's usually doable. Been there, done that.

Oh, and we've wrasselled them down and up some gnarly banks and around one small dam.
If it's a half hour drive from the take-out to the put-in, it's not a comfortable portage.
I've been paddling a canoe for 60 years, rivers and lakes, and some ocean.
Attached Thumbnails
White water - Seymour .jpg  
Old 02-01-2022, 11:58 AM   #24

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Not to mention things I was able to do easily when I was 25 are no longer possible at 60!

I don't think I'd want to carry my 35#, 16' kayak more than a hundred yards without a helper. Those wheeled carts are nice, but it's just one more piece of equipment to carry with you. I've been plenty of places where the camping sites are a quarter mile or more from the water.

But all this is pure speculation. The OP hasn't even told us what the rack is for. Maybe it's for solar panels...
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 07:28 PM   #25

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2001 Casita 17' SD
IN
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinMike View Post
5,000 lb axles are available at any trailer shop

Maybe he wants to put a canoe on top. Snow weighs a lot and I've never seen a case of someone's casita roof collapsing.
Frame rating, not the axel rating. You can put a 10k axel on but the frame isn’t designed for 10k of weight.
Motoboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 12:12 PM   #26

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Based on the comments......I guess putting a jacuzzi on the roof of our Casita is out of the question.......dang!
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita