Help... Looking for a pattern for 16 SD Casita Shelf - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2003, 07:07 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Help... Looking for a pattern for 16 SD Casita Shelf

Name:   fire01.gif
Views: 77
Size:  5.3 KB

I recieved a pattern for a front shelf unit for my 2000 16 foot Casita SD but Carl (man who sent me plans) has a 17 foot Casita so the shelf sizes are different then our 16 footer.

If you had made a shelf for your 16 Casita (for the closet above the AC) please send me a template of the shelves so that I can finish off my project. I can not figure a way to get a template so that it will fit so I am hoping that you good people out there in Fiberglass Land will be able to help me on my quest to make a shelving unit above my AC in my 2000 16 foot Casita Spirit Deluxe.

-----------------------------
Steve, Julie & Michael
2000 Casita 16 Spirit Deluxe

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 07:50 PM   #2

Shelf patterns

Name:   Suz.gif
Views: 99
Size:  3.1 KB

Steven,

Sorry I don't have one. I have an older 16' that has the A/C in the back, so my shelf placement would be different. Besides, I only made mine on one side so I would still have some hanging space.

The pattern really isn't that hard to make -- honestly. Get some brown shipping paper (acutally you could use newspaper if you don't mind getting a little ink on your hands). Cut a piece larger than you need. Take a piece of masking tape and tape it to the wall where you want the shelf to be. Make sure it is level. Once it is level, then take straight pins and start pinning the paper to the carpet, folding the edges up to hold the pins and allow the paper to make the curves. Once you have it just like you want it, take a pencil and mark around the crease. Once you have this done, you will have your pattern.

If you want to double check yourself, take a piece of cardboard (poster board is good) cut it off of your pattern, then check the fit. Much easier to add pieces to the poster board than wood. Just keep working with it and you have the perfect pattern. No need to recut the cardboard each time you want to make an adjustment, just tape another piece on and trim.

Really, it isn't hard. It just sounds like it.
Suz
1989 Casita
16 ft Spirit Deluxe

Old 03-18-2003, 07:53 PM   #3

A helpful hint

Attachment 8638
Posted by Suz, Moderator, of North Texas:
[/i]
A helpful hint
If you use a paper that has been on a roll then you will need to make it flat so you don't frustrate yourself. This will take about two minutes.

Turn the iron on and press the opposite side of the curl

Suz
1989 Casita
16 ft Spirit Deluxe

Old 03-19-2003, 06:53 AM   #4

Name:   Charles_Watts.gif
Views: 77
Size:  3.7 KB

Steve ... Suz is right on the money!

First use newspaper or something easy to cut roughly.

Then use cardboard to cut out each shelf and "test" fit it.

Each shelf will be different ... a couple will be notched to go around pipes, water lines.

Use a jig saw to cut each shelf out of wood ... you might have to shave a edge or two, but you'll be close.

This is how I built shelves in my first two 16 footers ... and now in my 17 footer.

Old 05-16-2019, 12:26 PM   #5

Name: Hank
Trailer: Casita
OH
I have a 2010 17' and am looking for plans for it, do you still have (realize this is a very old post)
Hank
Amazinghank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita