First Annual S.D. Egg Rally has been confirmed!! - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2009, 02:32 PM   #81

Trailer: 2007 Casita
So we have 10 rigs coming? Woo Hoo! Good first year get-together Pam! This is gonna be fun. A few pages back you suggested a breakfast get together. Is that still the plan? Do we just wanna do a breakfast pot luck? Or do we wanna do a evening pot luck? One or Both? Would everybody vote please...............

If your attending the South Dakota Rally, would you please vote on the subject of Pot Luck/Lucks

Plus, please add your two cents on other things you want to do as a group. Suggest! Throw out some ideas. I know we discussed many things in the beginning, but also realize this is in one of the most beautiful places to visit. Don't want to make everyone rush from sightseeing to a pot luck. Unless that's what you all want.

Also, because our gathering is on the smaller side, and the fact that no one concentration of people are coming from a certain area I am having trouble getting donations for the suggested scavenger hunt. (though I have a few things rounded up) I was thinking instead of a scavenger hunt, how about a Gift/basket exchange from your surrounding area. We can set guide lines that make it more fun such as, the gift has to be from within a 10 mile radius of your home and pertain to your region of where you live. So example a gift of Jam, Jelly, Honey, Beer, that is made locally. Or say you live in a town where (example) Denver the Mile high City, then your gift could pertain to the Mile High thing. Ok, remember I live in Greeley and the town of Greeley is known for it's Smell! From the stock yards, ( watch out!) LOL. It's not like it was years ago, but every once in a while yester years memories surface. Thankfully they can't bottle it! On the other hand there would have been a lot of very wealthy people in Greeley. So are you all up to that kind of thing? We would need to set a price limit say of $10 but again, suggestions. Thanks Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:35 AM   #82

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Quote:
So we have 10 rigs coming? Woo Hoo! Good first year get-together Pam! This is gonna be fun. A few pages back you suggested a breakfast get together. Is that still the plan? Do we just wanna do a breakfast pot luck? Or do we wanna do a evening pot luck? One or Both? Would everybody vote please...............

If your attending the South Dakota Rally, would you please vote on the subject of Pot Luck/Lucks

Plus, please add your two cents on other things you want to do as a group. Suggest! Throw out some ideas. I know we discussed many things in the beginning, but also realize this is in one of the most beautiful places to visit. Don't want to make everyone rush from sightseeing to a pot luck. Unless that's what you all want.

Also, because our gathering is on the smaller side, and the fact that no one concentration of people are coming from a certain area I am having trouble getting donations for the suggested scavenger hunt. (though I have a few things rounded up) I was thinking instead of a scavenger hunt, how about a Gift/basket exchange from your surrounding area. We can set guide lines that make it more fun such as, the gift has to be from within a 10 mile radius of your home and pertain to your region of where you live. So example a gift of Jam, Jelly, Honey, Beer, that is made locally. Or say you live in a town where (example) Denver the Mile high City, then your gift could pertain to the Mile High thing. Ok, remember I live in Greeley and the town of Greeley is known for it's Smell! From the stock yards, ( watch out!) LOL. It's not like it was years ago, but every once in a while yester years memories surface. Thankfully they can't bottle it! On the other hand there would have been a lot of very wealthy people in Greeley. So are you all up to that kind of thing? We would need to set a price limit say of $10 but again, suggestions. Thanks Robin
We are still waiting on checks from several people...I have not cashed the checks yet, was planning to do it all at once...but some are still not here, nor have I heard from all.

Hart Ranch has donated a pass for our scavanger hunt, Robin. We could change that idea to another if you have some new ideas...AND we could do a gift exchange if everyone wanted to. Our furtherest traveler looks like it might be Florida.

And bottled smell? from a stock yard...hmmmm...can we say maybe back to the drawing board?

Pam
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:27 PM   #83

Pam, as I said they don't bottle it so I wouldn't be able to buy it for the gift exchange. LOL....

Yeah and I am one of the bad ones, Sorry! We have had yet another death in our family so 7 of our fam-damly decided to stay at my house (#1 reason to down size from a big home) for a week to attend the services as well as Hey let's plan a huge family get togeher dinner since we are gonna be there. So I have been on the run. I was so glad to take the last of them to the airport. Promise I will get that out to you in the morning mail. R
Old 08-10-2009, 04:41 PM   #84

Quote:
Pam, as I said they don't bottle it so I wouldn't be able to buy it for the gift exchange. LOL....

Yeah and I am one of the bad ones, Sorry! We have had yet another death in our family so 7 of our fam-damly decided to stay at my house (#1 reason to down size from a big home) for a week to attend the services as well as Hey let's plan a huge family get togeher dinner since we are gonna be there. So I have been on the run. I was so glad to take the last of them to the airport. Promise I will get that out to you in the morning mail. R
no worries...we will get there and have a blast!! Ya gotta stop having those deaths in the family...send out a memo that 2009 has now been over alotted its quota... Its been a hard year for alot of people. Hope it gets better for you.

Pam
Old 08-11-2009, 12:18 PM   #85

Trailer: 1991 Scamp 16 ft
I like the idea of a gift exchange as opposed to a scavenger hunt. Kansas City has some great barbecue! I'm fine with a potluck of some type but I have no idea whether we'd even be at it. We've never been a family to hang out at home base too much and with this being our first visit to the area, I see us being gone a lot.

1991 Scamp 16'
Bryan L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:36 PM   #86

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
Pam I tried to PM you but your mail box is apparently full? I need to know how much to send for our space ( Lee and Norma Senn ). We are arriving the 25th and leaving the 29th. Please PM me with the amount and I will get a check off to you. Lee
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:46 PM   #87

Quote:
All,

Hart Ranch and I have discussed the paying of camping fees, and they have agreed to collect the money for our rally...the rate is $21 per night, including the utility fee, or if you are a member of coast to coast or RPI, you would make the reservation thru them.

However, you need to talk to Daynette at Hart Ranch, 1-800-605-4278 to make the reservations. Please stay with the site number that you have selected on this thread. This will give you the opportunity of paying with credit card as well. Let me know here when you have reserved with them.

Thanks!

Pam
Lee, I remembered this post, so thought I would re-post it for you. I just sent $21 for everynight we were gonna be there. I didn't see anything about tax, so I guess we can clear that up if need be. Hope this helps! If you need Pam's snail mail address Pm me and I will pass it along.

P.S is anyone coming in Thursday night?
Old 08-11-2009, 01:48 PM   #88

Thanks Bryan for responding to the questions/suggestions!
Old 08-11-2009, 03:47 PM   #89

Okay...my mailbox is now 82% full...all with SD rally-sorry for the delay, and Kudos to Robin for keeping me straight!! I don't think there is tax...I am sure they will let me know however...but $21 a night should do it.

How about a Dutch Oven competition with the pass as a reward? (Or just simply a potluck competition with everyone voting? )

We could have an informal fireside get together the first night...smores and whatever...I have a propane ring, or we could reserve the fire ring. We have a potluck scheduled for Saturday night. (and a covered pavillion) The 28th is the Buffalo run in Custer, which is about a half hour away. I am staying till the day after so that I don't have to break camp. If anyone is interested, we could go en-mass...Custer state park is truly awesome. Kids activities are also huge in the area...from free to "ouch" pricewise. Let me know what you are looking for.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:48 PM   #90

Quote:
Lee, I remembered this post, so thought I would re-post it for you. I just sent $21 for everynight we were gonna be there. I didn't see anything about tax, so I guess we can clear that up if need be. Hope this helps! If you need Pam's snail mail address Pm me and I will pass it along.

I will be...but it might be late. You?
Old 08-12-2009, 12:14 AM   #91

That's the plan, that way I can get set up and enjoy! All for the fireside smore's hmmmmm, wonder how well they go with Martini's? LOL................
Old 08-26-2009, 02:55 AM   #92

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp (our 'Lil Critter')
Pamela H,
I am sorry to say that we have to cancel our reservations at Hart Ranch.

We just received word tha our daughter has to have a major operation. Am afraid that the docs scheduled it two days before your SD get together. She wants her mom to help care for the grandkids during the recoup.

We were looking foreward to the gathering....maybe next time.....
Bob Deaton

Quote:
Awesome! Glad to have you!
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:36 PM   #93

Deaton, I got an email from Pam, her internet access is down. Should be repaired this week. I will let her know. Sorry to hear you won't be joining us. Hope your daughter has a speedy recovery.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:02 AM   #94

Trailer: Burro 13 ft
Pam,
I'm sorry to say we won't be able to make it to the gathering.
Since this spring my sister has been battling breast cancer. So with all the trips back east for chemo, surgery, postponed surg.etc... I'm happy to say she came through it great. The tumor, while quite large had it's parameters intact and the nodes were clear So while that had a happy ending it's left us pretty drained and broke.
I look forward to the next one. Plus my husband will have more time to perfect the Burrito! Enjoy, Susi
Susi M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:36 AM   #95

Susi, Great New's about your Sister!

Sad new's your not gonna make the rally. But I am sure everyone understands. Best wishes. Robin
Old 09-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #96

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Pam ...

I just call Hart Ranch and was told we pay for the site when we get there. We are in #303 and will be there for 4 nights 9/25 and leaving 9/29. The lady at the ranch (Jeanette) did take my CC # for 2 seats on the bus for the roundup. See you soon with our Scamp!

Judy Jones
JJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:09 PM   #97

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Opps ... after reading posts (we've been out of town alot) ... Pam if you want me to pay for for 4 nights, I need your address .... or I can pay when we get there!

Judy
JJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:11 AM   #98

Hey all!!! A hughe Kudos to Robin- I have rearrived from non-cyberland and the flu- Do any of you know how bad it is to be home sick-and lose your internet connection to boot? Yikes! I am not a tv watcher, but even HSN was beginning to look good!!

It looks like we only have two cancellations so far...We are going to miss you, but will keep you in our thoughts and prayers!

Robin, I don't know how martinis and marshmallows would go, but after a few, they probably would go together fine... lol

Its hard to believe that it is just a few weeks away! How much for that bus trip for the roundup? That sounds interesting...altho sometimes their rides can be pricey- Keep in mind, all, that there are several events surrounding that weekend at Custer State park, and they aren't real pricey. There is an entrance fee to the park, I think it is $15 for a car pass for 7 days.

And some thoughts to ponder, what shall we bring for our potluck supper? Anyone like spicey food? I have a killer green chili-but you need a fire extinguisher to eat it...any takers?

I will also be bringing marshmallows, candybars and graham crackers for our campfire-please bring your marshmallow sticks!

Pam
Old 09-08-2009, 09:15 AM   #99

Quote:
Opps ... after reading posts (we've been out of town alot) ... Pam if you want me to pay for for 4 nights, I need your address .... or I can pay when we get there!

Judy

Judy,

We have been doing the payments through me because I have to cancel sites if people don't come, or pay if I don't- (which...could be...expensive) Some of the ladies at the front desk aren't familiar with rally procedures. If you want to send it to me that would be fine-then I pay for everyone at one time.

Pam

Old 09-08-2009, 09:17 AM   #100

Quote:

I will be too!!! What time do you think you will be rolling in?

Tags
eggcamper