Photographing your egg - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2009, 05:20 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita
I wish I could show you my calender. I had a trip all lined up. In May I was going to Great Basin NP, Tahoe, Santa Cruz, Big Sur and then stopping by the meet at Lake San Antonio for a day or two and then Death Valley and then home.
I was ready... but Alaska beckoned so I am in my travel tights right now.
I did formulate a plan though. I want someday to get to a meet that has the greatest variety of eggs. I just want to do a photo-essay and I do have some ideas on producing it. I have already done a little bit of "girls on the fly" but they are not all eggs and I'd like to do the largest variety of eggs I can.

So two questions:

1- when is the next meet that will have greatest variety of eggs? (WEST of the Mississippi)
2- is there anyone who has an old non-brand egg along my way to Alaska? (I would detour a bit off my Salt Lake to Spokane to Prince Edward to Prince Rupert route. I would especially like to photograph your trailer in a camping environment but it is not conditional.

I will side track to Escape to get some shots on the way but I'm more interested in out-of-production glass. Your input would be appreciated.

Ron
ronsmith100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:31 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Ron
Probably the Oregon Gathering. I know the Blue Bonnet is coming up real soon, but I THINK the Oregon Gathering will have the greatest VARIETY. It's in July:
Oregon Gathering Topic
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:54 PM   #3

Trailer: Boler 1984
Donna
Are those really EAST of the Mississippi????
Probably the Gathering, first weekend in July, at Emily Provincial park in Ontario. Usually over 100 trailers.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:03 PM   #4

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... East of the Mississippi sure puts Bolerama's "Cosy Camping" July 10 - 12 at Emily Provincial Pk. near Peterborough Ontario Canada in the running. Last year 110 trailers registered. Lots of rare/vintage glass eye candy to see!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
emily_a.jpg  
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:29 AM   #5

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
But he's on his way to Alaska
That is North and West of the Mississippi
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:39 AM   #6

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
He may be going to Alaska but he asked where was the greatest variety east of Mississippi.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:47 AM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Humm, I see the post has been edited... I THOUGHT he asked west. I better get a compass
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:31 AM   #8

Quote:
Humm, I see the post has been edited... I THOUGHT he asked west. I better get a compass

LOL I meant WEST of of the Mississippi
I can't make the Oregon one either, dang it. my first ferry ride is July 2nd and Don't get to Skagway until the 18th.

I'll keep an eye peeled for future meets... thank you
Old 04-17-2009, 08:40 AM   #9

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
What do you mean by "old non brand" eggs?

I am curious about your route, did you mean Prince George when you speak of Prince Edward. You will be travelling through the south east part of B.C. which I am very familiar with so if you have any questions let me know. If you are going to Escape, that route will be different than several other posibilities depending on what is important to you. I am familar with provincial parks that do not have hook -ups.

Also there is a thread here of someone from Terrace, on the way to Prince Rupert, who has the first 19 ft. Escape.
Kent I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:00 AM   #10

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Escape ('Turtle')
Registry
Ron your time frame and route to and from Alaska isn't real clear, at least not to me. There is the Washington gathering in early June. Might you be coming back through the NW then? If you are traveling from Utah to Alaska sounds like you might ask for Idahoans to respond. Since there aren't any gatherings on your route are you looking for individual trailers to photograph if they are along the way? We are selling our older 13' Burro to folks in Idaho, maybe they'd be receptive to a photo session, and we plan to be traveling somewhere in the NW in May in our Escape. Being more specific of where you will be when and what you are looking to photograph would be helpful to folks responding to you.

Penney

Enjoy our travel photos at: Turtle Travels
Penney H. & Mike E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:02 AM   #11

Quote:
What do you mean by "old non brand" eggs?

I am curious about your route, did you mean Prince George when you speak of Prince Edward. You will be travelling through the south east part of B.C. which I am very familiar with so if you have any questions let me know. If you are going to Escape, that route will be different than several other posibilities depending on what is important to you. I am familar with provincial parks that do not have hook -ups.
I really do know the difference between East and West but you probably wont believe that when I tell you I almost ALWAYS say Prince Edward when I mean Prince George (I spent a semester on Prince Edward Island on the east coast some years ago so it just sticks!!!)

I guess what I am saying about "old non brand eggs" is not Casita, Scamp, Big Foot. I have plenty of those pictures already. I will get photos of the Escape non-camping when I visit the plant. However I think the "project" would be more interested in the variety of fiberglass eggs that are out there. Especially the smaller ones... and as I said, to see these trailers camping would really look better than anything.

My Route takes me Prince Rupert on July 1st and I will be on the islands of Southeast Alaska until July 18th. I'll come back down the Cassair from Watson Lake YT ending up back in Prince George again. This is my third trip to and through BC.

So on the way to Rupert I will hit Spokane, Grand Coulee, Chilliwack, and Terrace...and on the way home from PG I'll probably take the Williams Lake route crossing at Oroville. I have only two eggs to meet at this time.

I am keeping a blog so at the very least your trailer will end up on http://ronsalaska.blogspot.com
Old 04-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #12

Trailer: Boler 1984
My wife holds the map upside down too.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:28 AM   #13

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
If you are going to Chilliwack on your way north you might want to consider continuing onto Vancouver, Whistler, Pemberton and the Duffy Lake Road(#99) before meeting up with hiway 97 to take you onto Prince George.Whistler and vancouver will be sites of the 2010 winter olympics. If not consider hiway #1 through the Fraser canyon onto Cache Creek which may be more interesting, slower than the freeway(#5). Another consideration when you are coming south, is to continue east from Prince George to Jasper and then travel south on the Columbia Icefields Parkway, there is a fee for travelling in the national park. I think this trip in the Rocky mountains is very scenic. A litlle further east than you might want to travel but amazing, end up in the vicinity of Banff, lake Louise, and then travelling south through Kootenay National park, you pass through Radium and hotsprings,hot springs at Fairmont, Fort Steele just north of Cranbrook and then cross into the states at either Kingsgate Idaho or Eureka Montana
Kent I is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper