UHaul Glamper ! - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #61

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Davis View Post
Oh Pam this is marvelous!!!!! Great job! Can I ask you how you did the base of your round table.... I just turned my front bunk into a dinette and have carpet on the floor, and did not want to cut it up. It is difficult to find a table that will work because it has to be high and not get in the way of leg room. I have to fold up the table I am using before travel. So to me the one legged table makes more sense.
Also the other thing is by doing this conversion...the cushions and stuff in mine tend to slide during travel. Have you tried it yet?
My table uses a standard 'cone' shaped base that I just surface screwed down through the carpet (don't care if I poke holes in it, the carpet is ugly) I have a round wood top that I purchased, and I put another 'cone' on the bottom of it, with a metal pedistal leg. All of these can be purchased at your local camper store. I put a larger glass top on top so I have more eating space but it doesn't look so 'big'. (table top rides on my bed under the blankets when I travel). I'll try putting some non-slip rubber mats under the seat cushions to keep them from shifting when in transit. Or I can just put them on the bed also.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #62

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
......... I have a round wood top that I purchased, and I put another 'cone' on the bottom of it, with a metal pedistal leg......... I put a larger glass top on top so I have more eating space but it doesn't look so 'big'..........
Pam, what holds the glass table to the wooden table underneath?
Old 04-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #63

Name: Vanessa
Trailer: UHaul
California
Registry
WoW PAM....You're my Glamping Hero!!!

There's so much inspiration in this thread of the work you've done. I've been surmising for the last couple of days about that bubble by the front bunk as I plan to turn the area into my dinette. You provided me with all that I need to get busy.

Thanks for posting all your pics...of course, I would love to see more. Especially once the doors are mounted.

You're an Inspiration! [sigh]
luvrOlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #64

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
Pam, what holds the glass table to the wooden table underneath?
Nothing holds the glass top on except gravity and 3 flat silicone discs that keep it from sliding around when I put it on top of the wood disc. I take the glass top off when travelling and it rides under the blankets on my bed.

Thanks for all the complements, this is a labor of love. It keeps my sanity intact! I went out this afternoon and took a nap in it! So relaxing
Old 04-28-2013, 03:03 PM   #65

Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
I love this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
This is my rock shield cover. It was very easy to make. I measured the length and height of the sheild and added 1/2" to allow for the quarter-inch seams. I measured the flange and added 1" to cover the quarter inch seam, and then 3/4" for the hemmed edge. I put a piece of cardboard against the trailer and closed the shield so I coule trace the curve of the corners.
It was just a matter of laying out the dimensions and cutting the rectangle, then laying out my curved template on the corners and cutting them. I sewed it together and then put fringe on the edges. I also added little 'tabs' of material under the awing edge so I can clip a binder clip to the tab, and to the rock guard to hold it in place.
YOu have done a great job on this camper it is soooooo cute!
sfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #66

California
Registry
"...gotta be startin' sumthin' "

Well Pam look what you started!

After spending the day doing chores, laundry, and some early morning thrift store shopping. I took one of my finds from the Goodwill and updated my table this afternoon.

It's now so much easier to move around in here, when I'm in here thinking about what else I want to do and how to do it!

...now if only the bunk shelf and bench would leave me alone for a bit
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20130428_132349.jpg   IMG_20130428_142918.jpg  

IMG_20130428_142937.jpg   IMG_20130428_143948.jpg  

Old 04-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #67

California
Registry
and the table goes round and round

I forgot to mention a couple things, that made me happy:
*The tabletop is solid oak
*It's 20" round, leaving plenty of clearance around the banquette
*It's a Lazy Susan
*It was originally $5.49 but today hardlines were 30% off!
Old 04-28-2013, 09:11 PM   #68

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
That's my kinda shopping Vanessa. It looks great--really opens the area up and gives it a nice loungie look. I'm stuggling with the bunk issue too. I've got to make the bench seat more comfortable.
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #69

Registry
Got the kitchen done this weekend. Fabric covered doors and instead of the same thing on the bottom, I hid the door behind a curtain.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-20130427-01241 (Medium).jpg   IMG-20130427-01242 (Medium).jpg  

Old 04-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #70

Registry
Front two-person sitting area, and the closet with my other cloth-covered door. the striped door on the bottom covers the old furnace area where I have a pull out drawer for my heater, fan, stakes, ropes, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-20130427-01276 (Medium).jpg   IMG-20130427-01280 (Medium).jpg  

IMG-20130427-01246 (Medium).jpg  
Old 04-29-2013, 09:01 PM   #71

Registry
Oh My Vanessa, that's a beautiful wood table!!
Old 04-29-2013, 09:02 PM   #72

Name: Tonia
Trailer: Scamp 13' (1982)
Wisconsin
Nice! These glamped up rigs make me smile :-)
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:20 PM   #73

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
Pam, that came together amazingly. You had one busy weekend. This gives me plenty of motivation to finish my glamped baby.
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:21 PM   #74

California
Registry
Echte mooi en gezellig

Pam, your Glamper is what we Dutch people call Gezellig!

The best English translation is Cozy, but it's used with more heartfelt emoting than that word alone. Maybe Deliciously Cozy is a better translation.

Thanks for your kind words on my table...truly, it was your inspiration and dumb luck...now for those windows...and the front bench...and the doors...and the ceiling...and the floor...oh my head spins...like my new table!

Old 04-30-2013, 06:09 PM   #75

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Pam - looking good! You are so creative!!!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #76

Name: Rob
Trailer: U Haul CT 13
Florida
Pam,
Can you elaborate a little more on how you installed the ceiling? Did you install the insulation first, then the grass shade? How has the installation held up? Has it ever fallen? I am getting ready to attempt something similar. How about the materials used to glue both insulation and shade? Thanks in advance for your guidance.
Rob
rockead rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #77

Registry
I'm just documenting my 'remodeling' from the past year in this thread. The back dinette is now a permanent bed, and the front bench is now a 2 person eating area. I also covered the UH doors with padded fabric, so I could keep them in place but change up the look. There is still a door beneath the sink, but I installed a curtain over it. I've camped all summer with the new permanent bed , and I'm much more comfortable with it this way.

One of my winter projects will be putting a pull-out storage drawer under the front seat for all my kitchen gear. I'm also planning to change out the icebox for a dorm fridge. No camping til spring, now . I'll have to settle for improvement projects.

I can't wait til retirement, so I can head south into warm weather all winter!
Attached Thumbnails
New front dining.jpg   New Back Bed.JPG  

922992_632648170082821_29860788_n.jpg   945807_632648243416147_1039554836_n.jpg  

Old 11-29-2013, 11:41 PM   #78

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
I liked this so much I had to go back and read the whole thread all over again.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:51 AM   #79

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
Pam, you are my kind of lady...redecorating and making your space your own! I have been thinking about painting the doors orange, but you inspired me to think about covering them in fabric instead. I like your front table too. Do you lay awake at night thinking up new ideas? Greg knows I do! Can't wait to meet you on the road sometime. Jane
Jane SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #80

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane SC View Post
Pam, you are my kind of lady...redecorating and making your space your own! I have been thinking about painting the doors orange, but you inspired me to think about covering them in fabric instead. I like your front table too. Do you lay awake at night thinking up new ideas? Greg knows I do! Can't wait to meet you on the road sometime. Jane
Oh, yes, many nights I keep myself up too late thinking.....

BTW, that striped door beneath the closet door is covering a pull out drawer that I use as my 'utility room' to store my heater, fan, stakes, ropes, etc etc.

Tags
uhaul