Bolt pattern for U-Haul CT 13 body to frame. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #1

Name: ruth
Trailer: currently shopping
Mississippi
Bolt pattern for U-Haul CT 13 body to frame.

Is there a pattern/diagram out there that would show us where the screws/bolts are on the 13ft U-Haul? We can see some at the doorway because the carpet reveals that there is no wooden subfloor. Are we right that this is how you take the body off the frame??

Ruth
R_ROTTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
There is a parts manual in the Document Center. The frame is shown on page 24.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #3

Mississippi
Thank you, still learning how to navigate this site. I am learning so much...hopefully we will bring home our new addition this weekend.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #4

Great! Lots of good UHaul knowledge here.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #5

Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Registry
You can see almost all of the bolts they look like 1.5" circles in the top of the fiberglass encased plywood floor under the carpet or in t.he storage areas. They are called elevator bolts available at lowes. They will likely break when you try to remove them. You will have to punch them out but it is easy. The large areas of the bolt head distributes the stress over a larger area which is why U haul used them. It took me about a day to replace all but one of my perimeter bolts on the VT. The ones down the center were in good shape.
Michael J
mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #6

Mississippi
You are both awesome!!! Found the bolt configuration in the manual too!! One more question...do you know anything about the front door hinges? They look good, but both are cracked in one place. Can they be repaired?
Old 10-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_ROTTON View Post
You are both awesome!!! Found the bolt configuration in the manual too!! One more question...do you know anything about the front door hinges? They look good, but both are cracked in one place. Can they be repaired?
I don't think they can be repaired. I'd do a site search here for "UHaul hinges".

This is a possibility:

Kason 1070 Hinge Kason 1070 Surfacemount Hinge Specifications
Old 10-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #8

Indiana
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_ROTTON View Post
Depends; the hinges are refrigeration hinges by polar mfg. co. My originals were cast brass which can be brazed. they are Polar #402 and are not available. They make a diecast chrome plated model 102. I replaced mine with Polar #412 Stainless steel which are pricey. you want 0 offset. I got mine through a HVAC supply company that deals with refigeration equipment also. you have to look at their catalogs to tell them what to order. Now it is your lucky day if you want my old pair with my modified hinge pins.
I have just finished my mods for the year and was going to post used parts on the forum, hinges being one item. I was going to ask $10 for the pair plus shipping and will throw in some stainless steel bolts and nylon lock nuts. not enough for the complete rehab but you can get washers and the rest at Lowes. for $5 more I will throw in about 6 or 7 elevator bolts and 4 black plugs that fit into the inside of the door to hide the bolts. This assumes that the doors on the CT are the same as The VT tip to tip on the hinges is about 7".
Michael J
Old 10-09-2012, 09:12 PM   #9

Indiana
Registry
My bad, dosen't look like they make the 102 anymore so you are stuck with the SS model. sorry should have checked.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
I don't think they can be repaired........
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeyer View Post
... My originals were cast brass which can be brazed. ..........
Michael J
Mike is correct. I was assuming they were die cast zinc. You ca take one to a welder to have them verify.

Tags
u-haul