Another uhaul ct-13 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #1

Name: Benjamin
Trailer: Uhaul ct-13
Michigan
I have been lurking for some time and thought it was time to talk about my improvements. So far I have owned my uhaul for about a month. I removed an ac unit that was to heavy for my little trailer and put in a simple roof vent. I thought about a fantastic fan but opted for the much cheaper non fan version. I use a Coleman tent fan and it brings in the fresh air just fine and was much cheaper. I was also in search of the center seam trim and found some today at a local marina. The guy sold me the 30 ft he had for 10 bucks. Woohoo I was excited. If anyone wants to show me how to post pics I will put some up. She is a work in progress. I will post pics as I go. I have some plans that I have not seen yet. The app is great I figured out how to post pics!
Attached Thumbnails
image-683824034.jpg   image-761120646.jpg  

uhaulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #2

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Mr. Benjamin,
Good to have you here and like your username!
Looking forward to your mods.

UHaulCamper.com • Index page
Old 10-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Amazing, these Uhauls keep popping up all over the place. We haven't taken the time to figure out how to post pictures either. Lots of good info here Benjamin, enjoy your camper.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #4

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Amazing, these Uhauls keep popping up all over the place. We haven't taken the time to figure out how to post pictures either. Lots of good info here Benjamin, enjoy your camper.
I just posted pics using the iPhone app. Very easy is you have an iPhone or iPad!
Old 10-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #5

New York
So just how is it done using an iPad?
Old 10-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #6

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob
So just how is it done using an iPad?
Make sure you have the fiberglass rv app. Then whenever you post something there will be a small plus sign next to the send button. Hit the plus button and it will make sense from there.
Attached Thumbnails
image-1885371308.jpg  
Old 10-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #7

New York
Thanks for the info, we had the app but there was something about it I didn't like, can't remember what it was though. Maybe I'll try it again.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #8

Michigan
Quote:
Thanks for the info, we had the app but there was something about it I didn't like, can't remember what it was though. Maybe I'll try it again.
If anything just use it to post Pics and surf of the regular site. That is what I have been doing. Lol
Old 10-30-2012, 06:09 AM   #9

New York
Quote:
thanks for the info, we had the app but there was something about it i didn't like, can't remember what it was though. Maybe i'll try it again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2938522926.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	392.9 KB
ID:	52594
Old 10-30-2012, 07:31 AM   #10

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Benjamin, your UHaul looks to be in pretty good condition. It also appears that your side UHaul decals are just covered with orange tape. You can heat them gently with a hair dryer and peel the covering tape back to reveal what Bob shows on his. Then where ever you go, people will ask you how much to rent a UHaul camper.

I have an extra set of missing letters for the back that is for sale, if you decide to go original.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:03 AM   #11

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G.
Benjamin, your UHaul looks to be in pretty good condition. It also appears that your side UHaul decals are just covered with orange tape. You can heat them gently with a hair dryer and peel the covering tape back to reveal what Bob shows on his. Then where ever you go, people will ask you how much to rent a UHaul camper.

I have an extra set of missing letters for the back that is for sale, if you decide to go original.
Thanks Tom. The decals look better in the pictures. Where abouts in Michigan are you. Send me a pm with how much you want for the letters. Thanks.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:21 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhaulin View Post
Thanks Tom. The decals look better in the pictures. Where abouts in Michigan are you. Send me a pm with how much you want for the letters. Thanks.
PM sent.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #13

New York
Well how about that, after I left home this morning Mary figured out how to post a picture. Tom, take a close look at that side window, that's the jalousie window I bought from Scamp, spent hours and money to adapt it to the trailer, and then those NOS windows show up! Can't do nothing now but laugh at it.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #14

Quote:
Well how about that, after I left home this morning Mary figured out how to post a picture. Tom, take a close look at that side window, that's the jalousie window I bought from Scamp, spent hours and money to adapt it to the trailer, and then those NOS windows show up! Can't do nothing now but laugh at it.
Look at it this way, the jalousie windows can be open in the rain, the sliders can't. You may still be ahead.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #15

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Yer rig looks GREAT!

Quote:
Mighty fine appearing rig Mr. Bob!

I like your Wings/Eagle/Thunderbird/Phoenix Rising emblem by the entrance!! Mind if I copy that?
Old 10-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #16

New York
Don: the eagle thing is one of those stick-on levels to help you level the trailer when you set up at a campsite. There is one on the front too, they were there when we bought the trailer. The level part is kind of fogged and hard to see. I think camping world has them. Mine need to be replaced. You can copy any of my ideas that you want, we just need to see if we can post more pictures of some of our modifications, we're sort of computer illiterate here.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #17

Michigan
Thinking about this for the floor. Easy to clean and seams really durable. Affordable too!
Attached Thumbnails
image-3686590676.jpg  
Old 10-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #18

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Hey Benjamin, we have a Michigan gathering planned next fall in Algonac, Mi. We had 26 (maybe more?) various FG campers attend this last September, and had such a good time, we're doing it again in September 2013. I'm another Michianian, and also have a UHaul.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #19

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow
Hey Benjamin, we have a Michigan gathering planned next fall in Algonac, Mi. We had 26 (maybe more?) various FG campers attend this last September, and had such a good time, we're doing it again in September 2013. I'm another Michianian, and also have a UHaul.
Count me in!
Old 10-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #20

Name: Tonia
Trailer: Scamp 13' (1982)
Wisconsin
I was looking at similar flooring. It's special order only in my area so I'd be interested in your thoughts if you go with it. Not being able to hold it and see a sample showing the seams makes me hesitant.
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
uhaul