Is this a burro or a uhaul? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #1

Name: Cricket
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13'
Minnesota
Is this a burro or a uhaul?

It has been made into a fish house and the entire inside has been redone in cedar tongue and groove paneling.....price is right though....might be good for me to start on a renovation (and get one that is camp ready for this year). Only problem so far is no title....need to check into it more.....
Attached Thumbnails
burro.jpg  
Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:53 PM   #2

Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Registry
Does not appear to be a UHaul due to the apparent bulge on top back and no water fill hatch which would be on that side. Does appears to be a 16' and is not a VT.
mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #3

Minnesota
I thought it looked like a 16 in the picture as well, but he says the space inside is approximately 9x6 which would make it a 13 I think....
Old 02-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #4

Minnesota
I am guessing Burro.

For any MN peeps that see this. No title, no license and no registration...how much of an issue is that here?
Old 02-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #5

Name: Troy
Trailer: Burro 13'
Kentucky
From what I can see of the rear light and the shape around the windows I would say a burro. I'm 98% sure.
Troy Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #6

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
I give it a Burro vote.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #7

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Burro.
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #8

Name: Tyler
Trailer: 72 Cloud
Wisconsin
Registry
It looks like a Cloud to me except for the vent up high and all the rivets. The water fill and the shore power are identical placement to my Cloud and the side windows are identical. Clouds didn't have those rivets though or that high up vent so not sure how to explain those.
EddyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #9

Wisconsin
Registry
How much is it selling for? Where in MN? I have been looking for another one.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:13 PM   #10

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Burro.

Beware no title. I don't know about MN, but if you search, you see lots of horror stories on this forum.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:18 PM   #11

Name: Troy
Trailer: Burro 13'
Kentucky
Now that is very interesting I have never come across a Cloud Before. I was just looking at the pictures of it With the exception of the bumper I do not see a difference between the Cloud and a burro. Have you compared them before and if so what are the differences?
Troy Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #12

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
I don't recall all those rivets on our 13' Burro. The larger Burros may be different or they were added later. It is NOT a UHaul.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:11 AM   #13

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
I remember reading somewhere on this site that the Cloud trailers don't have the double hull? This of course would require a photo of the inside to verify. It otherwise has the Burro mold details.

I wonder if the inside paneling has something to do with the rivets?
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:19 AM   #14

Wisconsin
Registry
I have to retract my earlier statement about the electric plug and the water fill cap being in the same place on my Cloud as it is in the picture posted here. I went home and looked and my electric plug is actually about a foot lower then the water fill cap. So now I am going to have to agree that this is probably a Burro. Not that there are much differences in the two campers, Clouds and Burros are really very similar. I went to the Burro section of the site and then the Cloud section and compared photos and the older Burros and the Clouds are almost identical. I think there was some rumor even that Burro bought their original molds from Apache Manufacturing (who made the Cloud), not sure if this is true or not but it would explain why they are almost exactly the same. Even the interiors basically twins. This doesn't explain however why there are rivets on this "Burro" because neither the Cloud nor the Burro used rivets on the outside skin like that. Are they being used to anchor the wood paneling that the original poster said was on the inside. Mysterious.
I am still wondering however how much it is selling for and where?
Old 02-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #15

Wisconsin
Registry
Jen..great minds think alike, we must have been posting at the same time about the paneling and the rivets.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:08 AM   #16

Delaware
I don't know that what we're seeing are rivets or rivet caps as in the Scamp/Casita family. Could just as easily be the heads of carriage bolts and, if a ruff n ready retrofit, just as likely. Regular spacing near top and near bottom suggests bolted
interior nailers--two stringers or more likely a series of vertical studs either of which would be consistent with light planking or wainscoting on the interior.

jack
Old 02-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #17

Delaware
Missing the molded-in two level "rub strip" of the Burro although maybe the blue stripe and the lighting of the foto obscures that detail. Good opportunity for us to refresh our memories of detail with some additional fotos of Clouds and Burros.

jack
Old 02-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #18

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Your best source of information re. titling a no-paperwork trailer is your own State DMV. If I was contemplating such a purchase, I'd check that out very carefully before buying.

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #19

Minnesota
The seller's description was that he has insulated it, and then put in the tongue and groove paneling. I didn't go look at it because the weather isn't cooperating. It was for sale west of the cities and he was asking $1500. I would love to get my hands on a Cloud and totally redo it (someone here has a red one....that's what I would want to do). He said he had a ton of calls. I would guess any rivets (or bolts) that weren't supposed to be there had to do with the paneling....I attached the pics cuz I know how much people here like the pictures! Who knows....maybe someone here will end up buying it and turning it back into a camper!

Here is the seller's description - "will fish 3 or 4 and sleep 2. about 9 x 6, has 5 holes, 2 rattle reels, 3 new 12 volt lights, 2 12 volt fans. just put new floor, tongue and groove panneling, and carpet. also insulated the walls. i have buckets to put through holes to the ice. has 2 new speakers with cd/dvd player in it. needs nothing."
Attached Thumbnails
scampy1.jpg   scampy2.jpg  

scampy3.jpg  
Old 02-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #20

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggless View Post

Here is the seller's description - "will fish 3 or 4 and sleep 2. about 9 x 6, has 5 holes, 2 rattle reels, 3 new 12 volt lights, 2 12 volt fans. just put new floor, tongue and groove panneling, and carpet. also insulated the walls. i have buckets to put through holes to the ice. has 2 new speakers with cd/dvd player in it.

needs nothing."

Well...I guess that's right so long as all you want to do is fish through the floor in it!

Happy trails...

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro, uhaul