WA: UHaul CT13 $4500 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
WA: UHaul CT13 $4500

1986 UHaul 13' Travel Trailer

Quote:
The is a rare UHaul Travel Trailer. These were made between 1984 and 1986. They were rented by UHaul until 1992. These trailers are very well constructed because they were to be used as rentals. We have owned this unit for about 4 years. During which time I replaced the torsion bar axle which I was able to purchase from Uhaul. I have replaced the sealed wheel bearing as the previous set was over 25 years old. There is a new fresh water tank. Battery is almost 3 years old. I added electrical outlets as originally there was only one and they are all on a GFCI. Spare tire and wheel were missing when I purchased the unit which now been added. It is a very light unit weighing about 1250 pounds. I have towed it with a Jeep Wrangler or my Jeep Liberty. We are selling because we recently purchased a vintage Airstream.
There is a two burner stove. Original Ice Box. 10 gallon fresh water with newer electrical water pump. Two 12v lights. Lots of storage for a small trailer.
The fiberglass trailers like Scamp, Boler, Burro, Casita are commonly referred to as Egg Trailers. We have a fishing theme to the trailer so the trailer name is Fish Egg.
Please call Steve at 253 four six eight 2473 if you have any questions or would like to see the trailer in person

Old 05-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Price?? Is that a serial number plate below the left front reflector, ours has a sticker there that is partially missing.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Price?? Is that a serial number plate below the left front reflector, ours has a sticker there that is partially missing.
Price in CL ad is $4500.

Mine has just a sticker under that reflector.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #4

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
CT Left side data plate

Quote:
Mr. Bob,
Both of my CTs have a data plate (actually metalized Mylar of some type) that state Made in Youngstown, Ohio with the tongue weight 200, max trailer weight 2000, tire size 6.50 x 13, date of manufacture and the serial number of the trailer at the bottom. There is another smaller plate just below the reflector and above the larger data plate that says designed by but both of those plates on mine are unreadable
Old 05-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #5

Name: Vanessa
Trailer: UHaul
California
Registry
Serial Plate

Quote:
Mine is a Data/Serial Plate with the VIN and the MFG and date of MFG and GVWR (2000lbs) stamped on it. Btw, my trailer was made by Atlantic Mfg Co, Inc. on Sept 17, 1984.
luvrOlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvrOlife View Post
Mine is a Data/Serial Plate with the VIN and the MFG and date of MFG and GVWR (2000lbs) stamped on it. Btw, my trailer was made by Atlantic Mfg Co, Inc. on Sept 17, 1984.
Interesting. Any idea of what city it was manufactured in?

I'm starting to realize the context of the UHaul manufacturing. The biggest FG manufacturers (like Scamp, Casita) make about 1000 trailers per year. UHaul, which is in the rental business, not the manufacturing business managed to build 2,200 campers in a year or so. It was a huge undertaking and they seemed to have 3 or 4 plants doing the assembly.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #7

California
Registry
UHaul Trailer MFG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
Interesting. Any idea of what city it was manufactured in?

I'm starting to realize the context of the UHaul manufacturing. The biggest FG manufacturers (like Scamp, Casita) make about 1000 trailers per year. UHaul, which is in the rental business, not the manufacturing business managed to build 2,200 campers in a year or so. It was a huge undertaking and they seemed to have 3 or 4 plants doing the assembly.
Funny you mention that. I wondered the same thing...how did they mfg so many trailers from such small plants?

I've been scouring the internet to no avail. No place of Mfg just the name. I kept reading on sites,that Rec-Vee was the Mfg plant, so I kept digging.

There is a VIN plate in my door that is from MICHIGAN. I believe I'm the third owner. This is what I was told by my seller. He bought it in 2007, when he drove to Ohio to pick it up. He transferred title from there to California. There seems to be quite a few CT's in Michigan.

Seems like a trip to the Library is in order....if only they served latte's in mine!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #8

California
Registry
More data digging

Tom,

While you've got me thinking (stand back everyone, it's a safety issue)...do you know what ever happened to the uhaulcamper.com site?

It's been mentioned as a resource, but dang it's been down ever since I've had my trailer. -V
Old 05-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvrOlife View Post
Tom,

While you've got me thinking (stand back everyone, it's a safety issue)...do you know what ever happened to the uhaulcamper.com site?

It's been mentioned as a resource, but dang it's been down ever since I've had my trailer. -V
It is temporarily down. Don (djtriceflt ) is a moderator there and probably knows more.

Tags
uhaul