Dinette and stand ideas for Uhaul CT13 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2014, 11:06 PM   #1

Name: Sal
Trailer: Uhaul CT13
California
Dinette and stand ideas for Uhaul CT13

So Im a new owner of a Uhaul CT13 and it didnt come with the dinette table and stand that slips into the floor base. Has anyone made there own? Can some one post pics of how the stand goes into the hole and also pics of how it mounts to the wood table top.

Lastly, is there a place I can buy replacement wheel bearings for this trailer?
Thanks all,

Sal
esfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:14 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Dunno your trailer, but the table probably uses a standard floor fixture and pipe. Stop by any RV/Camper store and they can show you the parts. If you need a bearing and no U-Haul owners chime in, could always take it to an auto parts store and have them match it up for a replacement.

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:10 AM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Uhaul uses a sealed bearing hub The whole assembly is attached by 4 bolts, just the bearings can not be replaced. Until recently they were available from Uhaul, but not anymore. There is a GM car hub that will fit. You can find that info in the document center here, or go to the Uhaul Facebook page, a good group there with lots of info. Some of them do not post here.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:12 AM   #4

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
I assume you mean the back table that converts into the bed. Several owners have made their own by measuring the space and using quality plywood or similar to make the piece. The table column and base are available from numerous RV parts places.

Are your hubs/bearings heating up or making grinding noises? These are sealed hubs that need no servicing and usually last for the life of the trailer. Should you need new ones (I believe our trailer may be the only one identified as ever really needing a new hub by the users here), there have been various threads here about possible replacements. Tom and Bob have made good suggestions on this topic.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:56 AM   #5

Trailer: Compact Jr
If you go down to posts 2 and 3 in this thread, you can see how I made and installed a post-type dining table in a Burro. There may be some ideas you can use.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...-up-32394.html
Steve Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:20 PM   #6

California
Thanks for all the replies everyone. The bearings seem ok I was just hoping to do a little preventative maintenance since we just got her. Could someone measure the length of their table post on their CT 13 so I can purchase the correct length. And yes I am talking about the back table. Was there a front one also ??

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 07-02-2014, 05:57 PM   #7

New York
I just measured the table post that came with our Uhaul at 29 1/2" total length. I can't be 100% sure it is the original because some previous owner added another base plate to the floor slightly forward of the original. The original base actually extends through the floor. Our trailer came with the original fiberglass table, but we leave the rear made up as a bed all the time so don't use the table. Replaced it with plywood. Your best option may be to sit on the bench cushion, hold a piece of cardboard to simulate the table height you want, and measure down for the post length. Some owners have bought round wood table tops and used them in place of the original table, or at the front couch area.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:29 PM   #8

Name: Sharon
Trailer: UHaul
Massachusetts
Registry
The table is 32" across and 29" at its deepest. The cut in starts at 21". My table leg is the one size down, and it works for me but I am short. If you shar a trailer with a tall man, I would go with the 29 1/2" table leg.

Sharon D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:01 PM   #9

Trailer: U-Haul
I ordered and received a new set of sealed hubs from the U-HAUL website early this June for $115.
Hutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:38 PM   #10

California
Hutt can you provide me with the P/N and where exactly you bought them?

Old 07-13-2014, 05:27 AM   #11

New York
Now when you go on the Uhaul website the "shopping cart" icon that was next to the hubs is gone, therefore they can not be ordered. Anyone needing hubs now will have to use the GM equivalent that is available from most auto parts stores. That may be what Uhaul was selling anyway as the ones I got from Uhaul have some sensor on them that the originals do not, probably for ABS.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:05 AM   #12

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
FYI, Most of the UH owners are running on original hub assemblies with no issues. Its good to have a 'spare' on hand but not really necessary to change them out unless they're are showing signs of wearing out.

Some people have just changed out the entire axle assembly to a new one for better suspension, and also so they don't have to continue to use UHaul proprietary components (rims, hubs, etc).
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:33 AM   #13

New York
Axle replacement can get you brakes which are not adaptable to the original Uhaul CT axle
Old 07-14-2014, 02:36 PM   #14

For what its worth. Ordered hub 6/1/2014 received in about a week. Invoice was shipped from: #538000 U-HAUL K.C. Mo. warehouse.
1650 N. TOPPING AVE.
KANSAS CITY MO. 64120
Item: 23484001

HUB/SPINDLE ASSY ,
NONSERVICEABLE, 120MM ..........$113.70 shipped
Old 07-14-2014, 02:46 PM   #15

New York
Hope that price is for two hubs.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:02 PM   #16

California
Thanks everyone. I ordered a table leg at 29 1/2" and today we are shopping for material for new curtains. Thinking Hawaiian the amend now all I need is a spare rim. Oh and I replaced the gas line from the propane tank to stove top with 1/2" black iron pipe. The family can't wait to go camping!,,
Old 07-23-2014, 04:57 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Hope that price is for two hubs.
Yes, it is for two hubs. Installed easily and now have spares on board.

Tags
uhaul