UHaul CT-13 What is supposed to be there.... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2014, 11:06 PM   #1

Name: Jeff
Trailer: Uhaul
Ohio
UHaul CT-13 What is supposed to be there....

I just picked up an UHaul CT-13. It sure is an interesting camper. While I was cleaning it up, I noticed the forward right storage compartment has 12 volt wires and 1 small water line in it. There is no water tank, but you can see on the floor that there are 2 wood blocks with hook eyes installed in them. There was a 12v water pump lying on the floor and what is left of a water tank fill cap with small water line.
What did UHaul originally install in this area ? Am I seeing what is left of an owner installed water tank ?

Best regards to all
rustyjetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:09 AM   #2

Name: Gage
Trailer: 13' Burro
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyjetta View Post
What did UHaul originally install in this area ? Am I seeing what is left of an owner installed water tank ?

Best regards to all
Nothing and yes.
gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 04:46 AM   #3

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Welcome to the Uhaul family, Jeff. You might want to join us over on Facebook too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/UHaulCamper/

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:54 AM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
There was a water tank and pump in there to feed a swamp cooler that was mounted on the roof. When we got our Uhaul the swamp cooler was still there but the tank and pump were gone. We replaced the roof unit with a Fantastic Fan vent. What is mounted in the ceiling of yours now? Sign up on the Facebook group and look in the files section at the top of the page. Lots of good info there, parts info, and a thread about common problems
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:34 AM   #5

Ohio
Ah.... yes... the Swamp Cooler..... that makes sense...

There are also a few extra holes above the closet, and one of the holes has a grommet. I am sure that was for the water line. I only have a hand crank vent with no fan. I can tell I am going to add a fantastic fan.

Is there supposed to be a fiberglass bucket where the swamp cooler was ?

Because I don't have one.

Thanks again
Old 09-26-2014, 01:17 PM   #6

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Those holes above the closet were for the water line and 12 volt wiring to the swamp cooler. As for a "fiberglass bucket" I assume you mean in the front storage area. I'm not sure but think because of the swamp cooler water tank there would not have been one in that right front location. The early Uhauls did not have the bins in the lower storage areas or in the cabinets. Those early cabinets used a push type latch, the later Uhauls that were factory equipped with the cabinet liners have a twist type "thumb latch". Many of the older models were refitted with the liners and lower bins to simplify cleaning. Some were not. Ours had only one front and one rear storage bin when we got it. We do not use them as there is much more storage space without them. I used those 12 volt wires that you found in the front compartment to power a reading light that I installed in the front corner. At this age of the campers they have been modified to suit their previous owners so a new owner may get confused as to what is original and what is not. We have made several mods to ours to make it more useable to us. You can access the user manual and the repair manual in the document center here and on the Facebook site. I strongly suggest you read the files section on the Facebook site.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 04:28 PM   #7

Ohio
Thanks for the information. It was a big help !
Old 09-26-2014, 05:21 PM   #8

Name: Vanessa
Trailer: UHaul
California
Registry
Glad you hopped aboard!

Hi Jeff,

to the UHaul Family here on FGRV! There's still great info to download, so do take Bob's advice and visit the Document Center here.

We sure hope you'll join us over at the Facebook page, that Cindy referenced. It would be great if you'd post your data on our new members datasheet. It's the opening post by one of our Moderator's here, Pam Garlow.

While there you'll be able to see where all the registered UHaul owners are located in the US and Canada via location pins. Kitschy but fun!

p.s. As an aside, one of the UHaul employees has registered on the FB page and relays information back and forth to Corporate. We've recently learned that there were 1725 ea. of the CT-13' made, and only 49 ea of the VT-16'. So how cool is that?!
luvrOlife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
uhaul