Slow down interior fan speed on 2015 Casita Coleman Mach 8? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Modifications, Alterations and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-30-2017, 08:02 PM   #1

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
Slow down interior fan speed on 2015 Casita Coleman Mach 8?

I have installed the hush kit and the MicroAire soft start - both work wonders. BUT I am always looking to improve things..... I want to SLOW down the INTERIOR fan speed to make it quieter and to reduce the air flow to give it more time to remove humidity. I do NOT want the interior fan to turn off and on with the compressor cycling - that would wake me up at night and things get stuffy when the fan is off. I am looking for a simple install of a motor speed control unit for the inside squirrel cage motor that I can adjust to my liking. Can anyone direct me? ---- I was looking at something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-24V-Max-...53.m1438.l2649
Old 08-31-2017, 05:40 AM   #2

Central Virginia
I found this on the web and emailed the fellow - he does not make these - is there someone who does? Professor Mark Csele: RV Fan Speed Controller
Old 08-31-2017, 02:25 PM   #3

Name: J Ronald
Trailer: Casita 17 ft. Liberty Deluxe
North Carolina
AC fan speed

Remember, if fan speed not fast enough, especially in hot weather, not enough heat will be removed from the refigerant and the compressor will kick out on high head pressure. The compressor on our AC kicks out sometimes on low cool. There is a reason engineers designed these units with the fan speeds they have. I believe reducing fan speed would not be a good choice. A thermostat was added to our AC and it has a switch that runs the fan continously if you like, we don't use it.
J Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:21 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Also of note some motors don't like to run slowly, when attempted to run too slow they simply burn up.
Spend enough time camping the the trailer and you'll get used to the sounds.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:25 PM   #5

Central Virginia
The Mach 8 has TWO fan motors - the one on the outside for pulling air through the condenser AND the squirrel cage fan for the air flow to the inside. I am looking to slow down the squirrel cage one for less interior air flow and noise. The outside one would continue as is and has never had a problem icing up (unlike one on my last RV that only had one motor). I am ASSUMING that the squirrel cage motor is AC not DC and this means more complexity to slowing a motor down - not just a rheostat wired in line.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:07 PM   #6

Name: J Ronald
Trailer: Casita 17 ft. Liberty Deluxe
North Carolina
Fan speed

Slowing either fan has same result on preformace.
J Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 04:49 PM   #7

Name: Todd
Trailer: 2018 ParkLiner /2015 casita spirit deluxe
Georgia
mine is also a 2015 tons of humidity with this ac very frustrating just doesn't do the job for living in the south blankets are wet by am
Toddv78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:08 PM   #8

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
One low efficiency trick to lower the humidity would be to turn the AC colder and run your small electric heater for comfort.
The baci problem especially at night is the AC cools the small camper too quickly to remove much moisture.
Under these conditions a colder evaporator coil with less airflow would help too.
Blocking off some of the intake would do this too.
Since this is usually a lower night problem the pressures would probably be OK.
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita