CA 2018, Oct 25-28: 17th Fiberglass Rally @ Lake Casitas - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2018, 11:36 AM   #21

Name: Paula
Trailer: Oliver Elite 2015 18.5
California
Registry
lake Casitas Rally in Oct

This is a DRAFT, only a DRAFT for now. The finale' will be posted about a week before our rally but I just want to give you an idea of what is happening.
We hope you'll join us!
Paula

THURSDAY-10/25
4PM Happy Hour @ the picnic tables, under the big trees in the grassy area.
"Stump the Campers" & "Sit Down Scavenger Hunt"....both hosted by Barbara Lukehart after Happy Hour
Campfire (propane or wood?) after and/or during Happy Hour

FRIDAY-10/26-Decorate your rigs for a fun Halloween weekend!
9am check in @B43 with Frederick to weigh your rig!
10:00-11:30 Open House/trailers/rigs.
12:00-2:15 @ the picnic tables with Paula--Jewelry by YOU!
12:00-2:30 FOR SALE Items/Trade/Free…..
2:30-4:00 @ B4 “Travel Tips & Tricks-2.0 ” with Frank & Barbara Lukehart.
5:30 Wiener Roast site #B41.
Talking Stick-Hosted by Frank

SATURDAY 10/27 Happy Halloween- Autumn- Fall
10:00-11:45am @ the picnic tables- Barbara who has been showing you her collection of Picture Rocks will now host a class in rock painting. She’ll have rocks, ready to paint with all supplies.
10:30-12:00 Open House/trailer/rigs
12:15 Ice Cream Potluck at the big tables.
2:00-3:30 @ B4 "Travel Tips & Tricks-1.0 ” with Frank & Barbara. If you’re new to RVing or just want to find some great tips on camping, this is the place to be!
3:45 @ B44 Halloween Pet Parade & Trick or Treat ..
5:30 @ the picnic tables our POT LUCK dinner begins. Please bring your yummy dishes at 5:25 to the picnic tables. We'll all dig in promptly at 530! No cheating-the witch is watching you!
Campfire to follow
If you missed it on Friday.......The Talking Stick returns, Hosted by Frank

SUNDAY-10/28
9:30AM Survivors Breakfast @ picnic tables
Bring your yummy Breakfast creations to share. Good byes & hugs!
5:00PM Potluck at the picnic tables. Campfire, of course!
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:09 AM   #22

Name: Tomacz
Trailer: None Yet
California
Hey, everyone.

I'm looking to get into a glass trailer and was reading another thread discussing makes + models and someone suggested coming to a rally to check out what's available. The Lake Casitas rally is the nearest one to me (Santa Cruz) coming up soon.

Just checking here to see if it would indeed by ok for someone who is quite literally tire kicking to drop in and talk to folks.

Thx
Tomcztank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:36 AM   #23

California
Registry
Hi T
Yes please stop by our Rally at any time and take a look at our rigs and talk to folks.
Please stop by B41 to introduce yourself or find Jim and introduce yourself to him. I will have a guest name tag for you so folks know your name.
See you then
Paula
Old 09-26-2018, 05:37 AM   #24

California
Registry
Folks one site left in BASS. It's a non hook up
Old 09-26-2018, 10:38 AM   #25

Name: t
Trailer: Phoenix
California
As a local who drives past the area about once a week you can still see the Thomas Fire burn scar. The area is recovering (unlike the water level of the lake), but it is still visible.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:42 PM   #26

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula View Post
Hi T
Yes please stop by our Rally at any time and take a look at our rigs and talk to folks.
Please stop by B41 to introduce yourself or find Jim and introduce yourself to him. I will have a guest name tag for you so folks know your name.
See you then
Paula

Thanks, Paula. I just cleared out the calendar so I can make the run. See you there!
Old 09-26-2018, 03:10 PM   #27

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
I have a '08 Casita 16 SD and a '14 Escape 21 in my driveway at the moment. I'm in Santa Cruz, too. the 16 will be for sale when my wife finally figures out how much she wants to ask for it. PM me and exchange email addresses, and we can do a show-n-tell here.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:15 PM   #28

California
@john I'm definitely interested but I'm too new of a member on this forum to send Private Messages. Maybe you can start the PM thread and I'll share details in response.

Thx!
Old 10-10-2018, 01:44 PM   #29

Name: Mark
Trailer: Trails West Campster
California
Lake Casitas Bass Site #B35 is now available as I just cancelled. No hookups, but a good view site. I hope to visit, but cannot bring my 1971 Trails West Campster.

Mark Godfrey
Ojai, CA
Mark Godfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:41 PM   #30

California
Registry
Lake Casitas Rally Itinerary

Here it is...for now. Our Itinerary you've been waiting for! Join us if you can. Be sure to let me know what site you get, since there are some openings, with hookups!

Frederick is back with his Weighing Scales!
New this year is Joan and Tony. They will be bringing a telescope and setting it up in the grass area behind B-11/12, depending on the weather. Mars, Saturn and the moon will be visible after 6pm. There will also be many deep sky objects visible including the Andromeda Galaxy. They will also set up a scope during the day at their site, B-10, in case people want to the view the sun.
Wednesday 10-24
1PM Join me for lunch at OM Thai Cuisine in Oak View
THURSDAY-10/25
4PM Happy Hour.
Bring your favorite appetizer to share.
"Stump the Campers" & "Sit Down Scavenger Hunt"....both hosted by Barbara
Campfire (propane or wood?) after and/or during Happy Hour
FRIDAY-10/26-Decorate your rigs for a fun Halloween weekend!
10:00-11:30 Open House/trailers/rigs. Show off your rig and help others learn the tricks of the camping lifestyle.
12:00-2:15 @ the picnic tables with Paula--Jewelry by YOU!
12:00-2:30 FOR SALE Items/Trade/Free…..
2:30-4:00 @ B4 “Travel Tips & Tricks-2.0 ” with Frank & Barbara
5:30 Wiener Roast site #B41. Campfire starts by 5pm.
Talking Stick-Hosted by Frank
SATURDAY 10/27 Happy Halloween- Autumn- Fall
10:00-11:45am @ the big tables- Barbara who has been showing you her collection of Picture Rocks will now host a class in rock painting.
10:30-12:00 Open House/trailer/rigs
12:15 Ice Cream Potluck
2:00-3:30 @ B4 "Travel Tips & Tricks-1.0 ” with Frank & Barbara.
3:45 @ B44 Halloween Pet Parade & Trick or Treat ..
5:30 @ the picnic tables our POT LUCK dinner begins.
6:30pm Take Better Photos of your Trips and Adventures! Check this link to see photos and learn more: https://www.suzetteallen.com/RV-photo-class
Campfire to follow
If you missed it on Friday.......The Talking Stick returns, Hosted by Frank
SUNDAY-10/28
9:30AM Survivors Breakfast @ picnic tables
Bring your yummy Breakfast creations to share. Good byes & hugs!
5:00PM Potluck at the picnic tables. Campfire, of course!
MONDAY-10/29
Staying or leaving?
Old 10-31-2018, 11:01 PM   #31

California
Registry
Lake Casitas Rally in Oct 2018

The party has begun....17th annual Fiberglass Rally at Lake Casitas! Lots of visiting with folks coming in and already planning on shopping tomorrow. Isn't this what every woman does when she goes camping?!

October 25
Day one of the 17th Annual Fiberglass Rally at Lake Casitas starts with a potluck breakfast at Les and Caroles camp. Oh yummmm.
Most folks ended up at a surplus store in Ojai after breakfast. This store is going out of business so the sales were great.
Fiberglass rigs were arriving all day. It was fun to see the variety, a 5th wheel Scamp , 15 & 23' Oliver, 13,16 and 17' Casitas and Scamps and some I'll have to ask the owners what they are.
4pm happy hour followed by Barbara Hunter Lukehart and Frank Lukehart leading Stump the Camper and Sit Down Scavenger Hunt.
White Elephant gifts were passed out for the winners in each game followed by a great fire that Sonny started for us. Frank shared the Talking Stick with all of those around the campfire.

October 26
17th Annual Fiberglass Rally at Lake Casitas....Day 2 started at 9am sharp with Casitas #1getting weighed by Frederick Lee Simson.
Then Ms. Pollie was next. She'll need a weight distribution system...that's kind of like a diet for a trailer.
Open house, jewelry by the ladies, Tips & Tricks, bbq'ed hot dogs, the talking stick and 2 camp fires! Whew what a fun' tastic day! Ouch, did you get BOO-zed?!

October 27
3rd day of the Fiberglass rally at Lake Casitas.......
Started at 10 am with Barbara setting up for us to paint rocks. What fun!
Followed by the Ice Cream Social at noon, Franks Tips And Tricks, the pet Halloween Parade and our infamous Pot Luck and 2 camp fires.

Sunday was our Survivors Breakfast with lots of good food and conversation. Some stayed and some pulled out. We’ve already planned our next gathering!

Our 17th Annual Fiberglass Rally at Lake Casitas has come to a close but the memories will live on.
Many thanks to those who helped make this a successful event.
Thanks to those who pitched in to pay for the table rentals. The consensus is most are on favor to pay for tables next year rather than move those tables from our sites. Hopefully everyone will pitch in their share of .50 cents each.
2019's 18th Annual Rally dates will be as in the past, the weekend before Halloween, October 24-28th, 2019.
See you in Quartzsite 2019!?

Tags
casita, rally