1981 Casita needs help - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2018, 12:17 PM   #1

Name: JENNIFER
Trailer: Casita
North Carolina
1981 Casita needs help

I am the proud owner of "the brown eyed girl". Shes a 1981 13' Casita in need of some love and I am happy to give it to her. This is where I need your help. I am trying to fix her Windows for a year long trip and keep comimg up baffled by what I have here.
My rear and front Windows are needing new seals. I have been painfully removing all the old caulking a previous owner so graciously applied and In the process of removing gunk and being stale mated on finding the right seals, a window has broke.

They are simple plexiglass Windows that have seen better times. Has anyone ever delt with these unique Windows before? Know the trick to getting them out of their tracts so I can clean then real well? Or even who might of produced them...
Thank you in advance for your help!
See you on the road (hopefully leak free)
Attached Thumbnails
0724181354a.jpg   0724181354.jpg  

IMAG0307.jpg  
farmerjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:55 PM   #2

Name: Tom
Oregon
I will leave it to others to answer the "where do I find a replacement window" question. However, Plexiglas...

Plexiglas can be purchased at your local TAP Plastics, or equivalent. It is a sheet material that can be cut and shaped with wood working tools. If it is the Plexiglas that is broken, you can create a replacement panel without much difficulty.

If it is a frame issue, or one of the little parts, if you want, you can replace the whole window with a flat piece of Plexiglas. I have replaced sailboat windows that way, and they never leaked, even when the boat lean put the windows underwater.
TomE11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 01:17 PM   #3

Name: Eddie
Trailer: 1989 Casita 16 footer
Tennessee
Casita window glazing

I just bought two different types from Pelland.com
They sell the rubber seals for the outside of the windows.
My windows are HEHR windows,you will have to know manufacter of yours.
For $5.00 they send you a sample kit of the rubber glazing pieces.
Then you match the samples with your old seals.
Now my problem now is finding someone who can install the seals,very hard to get in!
Eddie
Eddie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:05 PM   #4

Name: JENNIFER
North Carolina
Thanks for your input TomE11 and Eddie B!
I dont really want to replace the whole window, as I have yet to find newer one's quite like these odd gems. I was afraid I might have to make my own. My plexiglass cutting and shaping skills kindof suck.
I can't seem to find a model number anywhere on these beauties and Casita does not claim to of made her, so I'm figuring out the best solution for the seals. Pellant did not have the goofy one I'm looking for, but they do jave a bunch of the others I'm also on need of.
Happy seals replacing and crazy sailing!
farmerjenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita, seals, windows