CO SOLD: 1999 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe $6,500 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2018, 04:31 PM   #1

Name: Becky
Trailer: '99 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe
Full-timer
SOLD: 1999 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe $6,500

Meet Cas. Cas is a 1999 17' Spirit Deluxe, and has been my full-time home for the past six years. He's traveled all over the US and is even quasi-famous: featured in many photos, articles, and videos on my blog Interstellar Orchard. Having not been parked for much of his life, Cas doesn't have that sheltered look of some used fiberglass eggs. He's been the catalyst for a lot of great adventures, and it shows. But there are no major issues, and he is definitely road worthy as-is. I'm downsizing to a smaller trailer, and am looking to pass Cas on to the next lucky individual or couple who want to make some beautiful travel memories.

Features:
- Fridge was replaced in 2016
- Much of the caulking (besides door) was redone in 2016
- Converter was replaced in 2015
- Water heater was replaced in 2014
- Manufacture dates on all tires (including spare) are fall, 2014 (14" light truck tires)
- Water pump, A/C (front mounted), Stove, and Microwave are all original as far as I know, but work
- No leaks as far as I can tell! And since I've lived in him I keep a close eye every time it rains
- High rise kitchen faucet
- Low profile aftermarket stove hood
- Fantastic Fan with Maxx Air cover for use in rain
- Screens intact on all windows and door
- Faux wood flooring put in over top of original carpet, there are some gaps though
- Sealand brand ceramic toilet
- Somehow still has the original blinds, that's kind of a miracle, isn't it?
- Low-rise axle, but he can still get to a lot of pretty amazing camping spots.
- Wired for easy hookup to a portable solar panel (has been used for boondocking almost exclusively past couple years)

Comes with:
- A small electric heater (no furnace)
- Oodles of spare snap caps and bases, spare rivets (I've only had to replace one in the years I've owned him)
- Has the brackets for a Reese weight distribution and sway control hitch, which you're welcome to have if you want/need it (was $650 new)
- A binder with paperwork for all appliances, tires, service orders, etc.

Known Issues:
- Cas technically has an awning as seen in the pics, but I've never used it and the plastic parts are breaking, so I'm going to say it's non-functional
- The gel coat is chalky and needs a good waxing
- The metal grate and cover over the A/C aren't in good shape and will need replacing soon
- The plastic stove vent is brittle and will probably need replacing soon
- The stabilizer jacks are rusty and non-functional
- You may have noticed from the pics that the bathroom door and one of the small cubby doors under the small dinette are off, I still have both of them. They both require new hinges before they can be put back on (I just never saw the need).

Phew! In conclusion, Cas has treated me very well the past six years and I'm hoping to pass him on to someone(s) who will enjoy him as much as I have! I recommend the next owner(s) either be prepared to deal with the repairs that pop up with older trailers, or have additional money set aside to have someone else take of them.

He'll be available for pickup in Leadville or Denver, Colorado after I've moved into my new teardrop later this month, possibly as early as September 20th, but potentially not until the 27th.
Attached Thumbnails
103.jpg   081.jpg  

080.jpg   085.jpg  

Old 09-16-2018, 04:34 PM   #2

Full-timer
And more photos, as it seems I can only add four per post:
Attached Thumbnails
091.jpg   087.jpg  

088.jpg   089.jpg  

Old 09-16-2018, 04:37 PM   #3

Full-timer
One last set of photos:
Attached Thumbnails
090.jpg   097.jpg  

099.jpg   105.jpg  

Old 09-17-2018, 09:47 AM   #4

Name: Felix47
Trailer: casita
California
I full timed in my casita for four years. Was yours too large? I read some of your posts and they were interesting. But I am really interested in how the casita was too small for one person!!! I did pull my A/C out of the front and made it removable in a window so I have perhaps more space....and if weight was an issue....the factory A/C weighed a ton and smaller one in a better spot works better anyway. And I separated urine and poop so smell was controlled and only urine went in the black tank so it weighed less but too big? It is a good deal for someone. I like mine.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:54 AM   #5

Full-timer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix47 View Post
Was yours too large?
When I bought Cas, I was making my living through work-camping and needed more space since I parked him for months at a time. Now that I'm working from my computer - boondocking more and work-camping less, I'm ready to try a different form of camping. My new teardrop is an off-road type and I'm looking forward to getting way back in the wilderness. I talked about all of this on my blog and YouTube channel, which I don't think I can link to here as it may be against the forum rules. But you can go find it if you really wish to know my full reasoning.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:35 AM   #6

Name: Lisle
Trailer: 2018 Casita Spirit Deiuxe
Massachusetts
Registry
Very excited to hear from 2 Casita owners who have lived full time in theirs. Planning to buy one this winter and start living in it next spring when I retire. Looks completely do-able to me, and your stories confirm that.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:37 PM   #7

Name: Brandon and Wendy
Trailer: Casita
Oklahoma
PM sent
Old 09-18-2018, 02:18 PM   #8

Full-timer
Lisle - Good for you! Casitas make pretty good full-time homes, especially for singles. Hope you have as much fun as I did with mine.

SMSample - Responded to your message.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:47 PM   #9

Name: Peggy
Trailer: In the market
South Carolina
Cas

Becky,
I wish I had the cash to buy your Casita as I know you took care of it. I hope the pending sale goes through for you. One of these days................sigh!
Peggy Hope
Old 09-19-2018, 03:03 PM   #10

Full-timer
Quote:
Originally Posted by phopesc View Post
Becky,
I wish I had the cash to buy your Casita as I know you took care of it. I hope the pending sale goes through for you. One of these days................sigh!
Peggy Hope
Alas, the prospective buyer couldn’t get all the money, Cas is still available!

As an update: Cas is in Leadville right now. I’ll be moving everything out this weekend into my new teardrop, he should be empty and ready to go by Monday!
Old 09-19-2018, 06:22 PM   #11

Name: Peggy
Trailer: In the market
South Carolina
Cas

Becky, I am curious as to what teardrop camper you are purchasing as I have been looking at those as well.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:26 PM   #12

Trailer: 89 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
Cas!

What a great opportunity to get a piece of full-time fiberglass RV history! Ha! In all seriousness, though, Cas is a great trailer. I'm sure you'll have no problem finding a buyer soon.

Thanks for your insightful books and lovely logs (v- and b-). Best of luck with the sale, Becky. Hope to see you on the road!

r (+s)
Old 09-22-2018, 08:55 PM   #13

Full-timer
CAS IS SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phopesc View Post
Becky, I am curious as to what teardrop camper you are purchasing as I have been looking at those as well.
It's a Hiker Trailer, a small family run manufacturer, they have locations in Colorado and Indiana. They're custom built, and right now there's a long lead time. I had to wait 10 months for mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve and Rosemary View Post
What a great opportunity to get a piece of full-time fiberglass RV history! Ha! In all seriousness, though, Cas is a great trailer. I'm sure you'll have no problem finding a buyer soon.

Thanks for your insightful books and lovely logs (v- and b-). Best of luck with the sale, Becky. Hope to see you on the road!

r (+s)
Thanks Steve and Rosemary and I'm glad you enjoy IO! Cas went home with his new family today.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:58 PM   #14

Name: Kazandra
Trailer: looking for used fiberglass
California
still available?
Old 11-02-2018, 06:01 PM   #15

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Kazandra, If you look at the post right above where your post is it says in big bolded letters SOLD.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:28 PM   #16

Trailer: 89 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazandra View Post
still available?
Looks like she sold it at the end of September.
Old 11-03-2018, 03:38 PM   #17

Name: Kazandra
Trailer: looking for used fiberglass
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaigirl View Post
Kazandra, If you look at the post right above where your post is it says in big bolded letters SOLD.

Had to filter through all the comments and posting that had absolutely nothing to do with the for sale trailer.

Thank you for letting me know that it was sold.

Is there a way for the original poster or admin to delete sold trailers as it gets hard to sift through all the posts and comments?
Old 11-03-2018, 04:37 PM   #18

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Unfortunately threads have a tendency to drift off topic at times.

The orginal poster cannot delete only admins can and some ads get missed.

Also many sellers never post that the trailer has sold which can be frustrating for buyers.
Good luck in your search.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:46 AM   #19
Eli

Name: Elizabeth
Trailer: Shopping
Arizona
Becky, please contact me re your Casita. eligg01@yahoo.com
Old 11-06-2018, 11:00 AM   #20

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
Becky, please contact me re your Casita. eligg01@yahoo.com
See posting 13 where seller clearly states the trailer has been sold.

In my experience with both buying and selling a Casita, as long as the price is realistic, they will sell in a couple of days. Demand outstrips supply.

At the $6500 price, I'm surprised it lasted over one day (but it was sold in less than a week).

Tags
casita