Standing water behind Casita wet bath toilet - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2020, 05:35 AM   #1

Name: Biker
Trailer: 2018 Bigfoot 21' 25B21FB (PREV: Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe)
North Carolina
Standing water behind Casita wet bath toilet

Hi,

After showers there is water left behind Casita wet bath toilet, even when trailer is level.

Wondering if anyone else seen this issue?

I have been using squeegee to get out most of it and was thinking a turkey baster may work, but curious about other solutions you may have used?

Thank you!
biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 08:26 AM   #2

Name: Philip
Trailer: Casita
Louisiana
Yes, no amount of sqeegee’ing will get the water out of the channel that runs around the wall surrounding the toilet. I have found that a microfiber towel works, but then there’s one more item that that has to dry out.

My plan is to erect a shower curtain track along the ceiling so that I can separate the shower area from the toilet area, reducing the amount of water that gets back there. Also, have replaced the Casita plastic shower curtain with a cloth one, which dries out much faster and is less prone to mildew.
Old 06-17-2020, 08:37 PM   #3

Name: Jann
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg White View Post
Yes, no amount of sqeegee’ing will get the water out of the channel that runs around the wall surrounding the toilet. I have found that a microfiber towel works, but then there’s one more item that that has to dry out.

My plan is to erect a shower curtain track along the ceiling so that I can separate the shower area from the toilet area, reducing the amount of water that gets back there. Also, have replaced the Casita plastic shower curtain with a cloth one, which dries out much faster and is less prone to mildew.
You don't need an entire track to hang a curtain between the toilet and shower area. I hung the curtain onto the regular curtain rod with a hook then pulled the curtain over to the other side and hung it on a command hook hanging from the ceiling. This kept the toilet area dry and no permanent track on the ceiling and nothing to mess up the ceiling.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 09:46 PM   #4

Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jann Todd View Post
You don't need an entire track to hang a curtain between the toilet and shower area. I hung the curtain onto the regular curtain rod with a hook then pulled the curtain over to the other side and hung it on a command hook hanging from the ceiling. This kept the toilet area dry and no permanent track on the ceiling and nothing to mess up the ceiling.
Thanks for that suggestion. I was actually planning to do that to see how well it the curtain would work. Just thought the track might help manage the curtain when it’s pushed back in “toilet mode.”
Old 06-17-2020, 10:09 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
A large construction-grade garbage bag will cover the entire toilet, preventing it from getting wet.
Of course, then you have a wet construction-grade garbage bag to deal with.
Old 06-17-2020, 10:19 PM   #6

Name: Mac
Trailer: 2013 Casita 17' LD
Oregon
We just let it evaporate. Sometimes I use the showerhead to just direct a stream of water back there to keep the area clean.
Spongelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 11:58 PM   #7

Colorado
Quote:
Thanks for that suggestion. I was actually planning to do that to see how well it the curtain would work. Just thought the track might help manage the curtain when it’s pushed back in “toilet mode.”
Our Casita vent pipe is on the door side of the bathroom and I shove the curtain between the wall and the pipe after the curtain is dry. You could also tie something around it if yours doesn't have the vent pipe. When attaching the command hook use one that has the metal part that moves so you can figure exactly where to put it to hold the curtain and the hook part swings down to hold it.
Old 06-18-2020, 12:03 AM   #8

Colorado
[QUOTE=Jann Todd;782175]Our Casita vent pipe is on the door side of the bathroom and I shove the curtain between the wall and the pipe after the curtain is dry. You could also tie something around it if yours doesn't have the vent pipe. When attaching the command hook use one that has the metal part that moves so you can figure exactly where to put it to hold the curtain and the hook part swings down to hold it. I use a full size curtain and cover the door with half of it then put the other half across the toilet area to the opposite wall. I don't use curtain rings just hang the curtain on the command hook.
Old 06-19-2020, 06:17 AM   #9

Name: Rick
Trailer: Escape
Lawrence
[/QUOTE] I don't use curtain rings just hang the curtain on the command hook.[/QUOTE]

What exactly is a “command hook?”
thunderworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 08:34 AM   #10

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
I don't use curtain rings just hang the curtain on the command hook.[/QUOTE]

What exactly is a “command hook?”[/QUOTE]

Something like this... they make many many styles

https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...BAgIEBw&adurl=
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 08:07 PM   #11

Colorado
I don't use curtain rings just hang the curtain on the command hook.[/QUOTE]

What exactly is a “command hook?”[/QUOTE]

Alan H gave a good example of a Command Hook. They stick to the wall and the other side of the sticky sticks to the flat part of the hook. You can remove them by pulling on a tab and stretching the sticky stuff off. You must follow instructions on how to install to make it work right but it is simple. I use them in my house, cars and RV's. I use the solid plastic ones for a lot of places but they make some that have a plastic back and a metal hook that moves. I use the metal ones to hang the shower curtain so it can swing down and hold the curtain best. You can buy the hooks at Walmart, Home Depot, any hardware store, office supply stores, etc.
Old 06-20-2020, 08:58 AM   #12

Louisiana
Jann,
Thanks for the suggestion on the metal Command hooks. I have seen them before, but never used them. All mine are the fixed plastic hooks and was wondering how I was going to position it on the curved ceiling such that the curtain would not slide off.

Did you hem your shower curtain? I find the standard length is way too long.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:14 PM   #13

Colorado
Quote:
Jann,
Thanks for the suggestion on the metal Command hooks. I have seen them before, but never used them. All mine are the fixed plastic hooks and was wondering how I was going to position it on the curved ceiling such that the curtain would not slide off.

Did you hem your shower curtain? I find the standard length is way too long.
I have a plastic curtain and might have trimmed it off. Not sure since it's been 13 years. We don't shower in trailer very often if in a good campground with nice showers. I do like the idea of the cloth curtains though since they would hang better and wouldn't come unhooked if bumped. I have one I'm not using so may put it up and try it.
Old 06-24-2020, 08:43 PM   #14

Name: Levi
Texas
Is this only after showers ? Are do you find it wet all the time. And if so I suggest looking at the valve behind toilet,if they leak it is when you push the flush pedal down. I’m only suggesting that just in case you noticed it wet before shower.And we quit worrying about putting a shower curtain up to catch water behind us.We squeegee then use a chamois to dry.
rdteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 01:45 PM   #15

Name: Biker
Trailer: 2018 Bigfoot 21' 25B21FB (PREV: Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe)
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdteeler View Post
Is this only after showers ? Are do you find it wet all the time. And if so I suggest looking at the valve behind toilet,if they leak it is when you push the flush pedal down. I’m only suggesting that just in case you noticed it wet before shower.And we quit worrying about putting a shower curtain up to catch water behind us.We squeegee then use a chamois to dry.

Thank you for the reply
No, this is resulting from shower use
Yeah, we only use a shower curtain in front of door. I was more curious if the water pooling was specific to our Casita, or if this was a common design-related issue. A little incline at the back (behind the toilet) would have been nice, but maybe there's a reason why that was not possible OR this is resolved on newer trailers.
biker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita