2021 Scamp 16 ordered - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2020, 11:18 AM   #21

Name: Chris
Trailer: Scamp
MN
We have owned many, many Scamps over the years, all three sizes (13"/16"/19"). The one and only thing we cannot live without at this point, is the "Big Bed". Which means either 13" or Deluxe 16" for us (Currently have a 16" Deluxe). That 44" bed gets real tight, real quick. I used to prefer no AC, that has changed, and now won't go without it. Bathrooms are a must for some, I prefer no bathroom. Porta-potti under front bunk works better in my opinion. When pulled out you have so much room to do your business. Perfect Scamp for me would be a 16" Scamp Deluxe, side Dinette, with bathroom delete, front bench/bunk. Not a fan of the Factory Awning, and just use a screen room.

Yes-
Big Bed (Deluxe, if you can afford it, do it)
AC (w/Heat Strip)
Fan
Furnace
Water Heater (2-Way)
AC & DC Outlets everywhere you can put them

No-
Awning
Curtains (Curtain Delete-better options, and so many less holes in the shell)
Hose Holder
Blue Cushions (Everyone and his brother goes with the Blue, but it's more gray and very drab). Go with the brown (more of a beige) and thank me later. Much more neutral for adding accent colors and really brightens up the interior.
TV option- (too expensive for what you get)
Bathroom-(Think long and hard on this one).
XBeatzX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 06:31 AM   #22

Name: George
Trailer: Scamp 13 '
OH
You mind telling me how you added the thermostat to your AC. I would like to do that.
Doc Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 07:07 PM   #23

Name: Lesley
New Jersey
Delete curtains

Hi, I’m interested in the reply suggesting delete curtains. What are the alternatives for attaching curtain rods? If you could let me know, I would appreciate it. Thank you!
shrimpscampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 07:19 PM   #24

Name: Chris
MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpscampi View Post
Hi, I’m interested in the reply suggesting delete curtains. What are the alternatives for attaching curtain rods? If you could let me know, I would appreciate it. Thank you!
There are a number of posts on here and other forums with different alternatives, but two of the easiest and less fuss options. 1. Same basic Curtains from Scamp or elsewhere with simple velcro strips along the top and bottom. (Velcro sticks to the Rat Fur like glue). Added benefit, less light bleed compared to hanging curtains. 2. Simply attach rod hangers to window frame, vs through the fiberglass shell. Rare earth magnets work well, screws, or 3M mounting tape.

Privacy film is also a nice option, and we like it on all the windows around the bed. We have had a few scamps that actually came with the curtain rods and we switched to the Velcro method. Much less light very early in the morning, and free's up some space and more importantly the appearance of more space (the factory setup/curtains stick out pretty far, up to 3-5" depending how they are ruffled, not sure if that is the rite term). Not to mention those cheap brass finish curtain rods Scamp uses are absolute rubbish...
XBeatzX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:26 AM   #25

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpscampi View Post
... What are the alternatives for attaching curtain rods? ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBeatzX View Post
There are a number of posts on here and other forums with different alternatives...
Here is one (mine):

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...ell-86578.html

There are also other posts about the subject of curtains and window coverings. Sometimes you can learn more by researching than by asking.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp