1990 Casita Wall Height Measurements... Rookie Mistake - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2020, 05:01 PM   #1

Name: Jonathan
Trailer: 1991 16' Casita
North Carolina
1990 Casita Wall Height Measurements... Rookie Mistake

Hello all. I dove into the restoration of a 1990-91 Casita a few years ago, due to life events it's been sitting unfinished for... well... almost a few years ago. In retrospect I made some questionable decisions about how I went about things, I'm finally at the point where I'm able to revisit my old "egg" and hoping to get some help.

My biggest mistake was not understanding the dynamics of fiberglass shells. A couple of the vertical walls were already missing when I bought it, but I removed others without understanding what it would do to the form of the camper.

If anyone is willing, I'd really appreciate knowing what the vertical measurement is of the main support structures - from what I remember this includes the wall to the left and right of the entry door, as well as the wall on the passenger side near the exit window.

Thanks in advance!!

Jonathan
shaggydoink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 04:15 PM   #2

Name: Martin
Trailer: 1993 CASITA 16SD
Texas
I have a 1993 16SD if that will help. I think you're talking about the kitchen wall, the closet wall, and the divider between the rear bed and the seat pedestal. If that's correct, I can measure them at their highest points when I get home.
CASITA BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 07:42 AM   #3

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASITA BANANA View Post
I have a 1993 16SD if that will help. I think you're talking about the kitchen wall, the closet wall, and the divider between the rear bed and the seat pedestal. If that's correct, I can measure them at their highest points when I get home.
Yes, those are the ones. Thank you very much!!

Jonathan
Old 07-14-2020, 08:02 PM   #4

Name: Martin
Trailer: 1993 CASITA 16SD
Texas
This is what I've got:

1) the closet wall is 69 inches at its tallest point

2) the kitchen wall is 67 1/2 inches

3) the rear partition is 61 1/2 inches

Will that help? I'll measure something else if you need it. Could some photos help?
CASITA BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 05:31 PM   #5

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASITA BANANA View Post
Will that help?
It helps a lot, thank you so much! I really like how open the space feels without the walls, but as mentioned I didn't think about the shell dynamics. My plan is to try some pipe material first to see if I can get things formed right, if not then I'll bite the bullet and craft some walls... getting a nice seal on the door is more important than my picky aesthetics.

Thanks again!!

Jonathan

Tags
casita