Casita Shuffle - from one Casita to another - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2020, 07:58 PM   #1

Name: Lisa
Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Casita Shuffle - from one Casita to another

I am curious how many Casita owners started with one layout only to sell it to buy another layout.

I know folks switch to other brands, but in this thread, I was hoping to keep it Casita trailers only.

If you did switch, what was it about the other floor plan that worked better for you? Or if you want to switch, which one would you want instead?

I have an Independence and I think it is almost perfect for my camping style at this time especially since I use the king bed arrangement.
It mainly has to do with Louie, the 90 pound dog who loves to stretch out.

I see the benefits of other layouts, but this is working great at this time, Louie agrees.

A friend of mine, just today bought a 17' Spirit Deluxe, he says that side dinette is going to work perfectly for him and his wife.

Have any of you done the Casita shuffle? Would love to know why. I enjoy reading comments from Casita enthusiasts.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:11 PM   #2

Name: Lee
Trailer: Casita
California
I haven’t shuffled but would really like to. I have a 2001 Liberty Delux, I got this layout thinking my tall husband was going to camp with me, but he does not. I needed the extra length bed because he is tall, but me..not so much. I would so much rather have a dinette that’s makes me a double bed and the separate sitting area..
That layout would be so much better for just me camping, or if I wanted to add a grandchild I could in the smaller bed you make out of the sitting area...
Himdsite is 20/20...
My friend just sold her Scamp that had the similar layout I wanted..oh well...
Leej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:21 PM   #3

California
Registry
Thank you for responding.
I'm thinking you could very likely find a buyer for your Liberty and buy the floor plan that works better for you.
From a lot of threads I read, RVs/trailers are in high demand right now so I wouldn't necessarily sell before you have another lined up.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:22 PM   #4

Name: R.T.
Trailer: Big Foot
Georgia
93SD,99SD,03SD,07FD,11heritage,17ID. I traded up every time to get newer. If I ever trade up again we'll get another SD for it's versatility.
dblcola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:29 PM   #5

California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblcola View Post
93SD,99SD,03SD,07FD,11heritage,17ID. I traded up every time to get newer. If I ever trade up again we'll get another SD for it's versatility.
That's what I'm talking about!
I can see where you would get another SD...the ID is the only one that is quite different from the rest, that and the Heritage.
Curious if you like the kitchen arrangement in the ID.

If Casita made a 21 foot ID or Liberty with a side dinette and counter space on the other side, I think that would be the most ideal trailer for me.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:41 PM   #6

Name: R.T.
Trailer: Big Foot
Georgia
I do like the kitchen in the ID better but still would prefer the SD. Having said that I just really like all the Casita's. I've had others like the Scamp19 Deluxe and a 16' Amerigo. And I'm a big fan of the Escape but it's Casita for me.
dblcola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:53 PM   #7

California
Registry
I can understand Casitas being for you.

When I first got my Casita, I loved the custom interior design the previous owner did, but I didn't bond with it. It just seemed more complicated than my Scamp, I had more systems to learn.

Link that shows the customizations:
https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/...”-sale-0

After my first night camping in the Casita, I gave it a 2.5 out of 10 rating, probably because I had it in the twin configuration and my dog wasn't comfortable so neither was I, so on night 2 and there after, I had the king size configuration and the rating became a solid 9 out of 10!
Old 08-06-2020, 10:20 PM   #8

Name: Fredrick
Trailer: Escape 21C
Tennessee
Casita??

WE bought a 2018 Independence 17' in April 2018..used her for 18 months and sold it for nearly what we paid for it. Bought a new Escape 21Classic,(picked her up in Phoenix last May 25th. Did it bks we wanted more room.

LIke it great so far..waaaay more storage space and generally better layout. We wanted the classic bks we didn't want a front dinette and didn't care about getting a walk around queen bed for 2 reasons A. it is in the rear and B we think it wastes about 32cu ft of inside storage as "walk-around space", as compared to our 'front bed' Classic
Reasoning is thus..the front bed in the E21C is "full wide". but queen bed length..but since it has a wall on each side, the bed "sleeps" bigger bks we can lie down right up against the side of the bed and not worry about falling out. SO,...effectively it "sleeps" as big as a Queen and our std wetbath front bath does not take away space in the camper's "middle" like the side bath does in the E21NE The std front bath is bigger that the front bath in the 17' Casita and easier to use, bks the toilet is in front of you as you walk in.
We also prefer the awning type of tinted windows we got..they keep out rain whwen open, as compared to sliders.
Fred762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 07:39 PM   #9

California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred762 View Post
WE bought a 2018 Independence 17' in April 2018..used her for 18 months and sold it for nearly what we paid for it. Bought a new Escape 21Classic,(picked her up in Phoenix last May 25th. Did it bks we wanted more room.
Good to know the Casita held its value for you.
Escape 21 is a popular choice for folks who want more room.

Tags
casita