New owner of older Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2020, 06:31 AM   #1

Name: Trish Ann
Trailer: Scamp 13'
North Carolina
New owner of older Scamp

Hi,
I am Trish and I live in Waynesville North Carolina. I recently purchased a 2008 Scamp 13 foot. I Still work full-time so my boys will be long weekends in an occasional extended trip out for the next year too.. Over the years I’ve owned two pop-up campers, old one and then when married we got a large new one. But now that I’m singles gain, I wanted to have something that felt A little safer and had more amenities a.k.a. bathroom and shower inside the camper. I hope that I do get to meet some of you along the way! Trish
Trish Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:51 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Old ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Ann View Post
Hi,
I am Trish and I live in Waynesville North Carolina. I recently purchased a 2008 Scamp 13 foot. I Still work full-time so my boys will be long weekends in an occasional extended trip out for the next year too.. Over the years I’ve owned two pop-up campers, old one and then when married we got a large new one. But now that I’m singles gain, I wanted to have something that felt A little safer and had more amenities a.k.a. bathroom and shower inside the camper. I hope that I do get to meet some of you along the way! Trish

>-------------------------------<o>---------------------------------<

Welcome Trish, Glad to hear you got a nice 2008 Scamp. If 2008 is 'old' , I wonder what my '93 Scamp 13' is ? (LOL) Actually it looks almost new , but I do get into some Vintage Trailer Rallies with it...The best of both worlds, and it is worth way more than I paid for it 10+ years ago ! So welcome to the world of molded fiberglas trailers,and especially SCAMPS! ! Go to fiberglas rallies or visit a Vintage Rally to meet nice folks and get new ideas for your 'old' Scamp ! Happy Trails ! David in Fresno and Sonora, CA.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 01:27 PM   #3

North Carolina
new

Hi David, thanks for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to this whole new world opening up! We had a rally of sorts here in Waynesville last year. Loved seeing all the creative ways people trick out their trailers!
Trish
Old 10-08-2020, 06:47 AM   #4

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe 2007 and 40' Allegro Bus
Send a message via AIM to RSchleder Send a message via Yahoo to RSchleder
Welcome Trish,
As a 2007 13' owner that we bought new, I can assure you, the fun has just begun! Rally's are indeed a great time and typically have a lot of cool Scamps and folks willing to share information about their units.
Old 10-08-2020, 07:12 AM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome from another 2008 S13 owner! Agree with Dave- I still think of ours as a “newer” Scamp. I grew up with a pop-up, and I was looking for another small pop-up for my family of four when we stumbled on the Scamp in 2012. So much better!

I hope you will enjoy yours as much as we have ours. Happy travels!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 07:09 PM   #6

North Carolina
Thanks for the Welcome! I am looking forward to my first outing but it may be a while... learning the ropes and it's a slow process with a full time job!
Can't wait for my first rally. :>

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
Welcome Trish,
As a 2007 13' owner that we bought new, I can assure you, the fun has just begun! Rally's are indeed a great time and typically have a lot of cool Scamps and folks willing to share information about their units.
Old 10-08-2020, 07:25 PM   #7

North Carolina
Thanks Jon, I've had 2 popups as well, one small and another pretty large one. I look forward to travels with this Scamp a d no worries when the rain moves in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Welcome from another 2008 S13 owner! Agree with Dave- I still think of ours as a “newer” Scamp. I grew up with a pop-up, and I was looking for another small pop-up for my family of four when we stumbled on the Scamp in 2012. So much better!

I hope you will enjoy yours as much as we have ours. Happy travels!
Old 10-08-2020, 10:06 PM   #8

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
My childhood was spent in a large Skamper pop-up. I didn't mind the rain as much as the wind (at least until it was time to fold it down- wet canvas, ugh!).

But the Scamp made a camper out of my wife, which was not small task!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp