2017 13 ft. Scamp with front bath with leak in closet - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-31-2020, 02:41 PM   #1

Name: Joe19403
Trailer: 2017 13 scamp front bath
Pennsylvania
2017 13 ft. Scamp with front bath with leak in closet

The closet carpet next to the bath is wet. Where the water lines come out from under the shower is wet next to the shower wall. Not sure if the shower is leaking or the lines. Just winteriz the camper and put damp rid in the closet to dry it out. Any suggestions what's Leaking?
Joe19403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 04:22 PM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
depending on floor plan....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe19403 View Post
The closet carpet next to the bath is wet. Where the water lines come out from under the shower is wet next to the shower wall. Not sure if the shower is leaking or the lines. Just winteriz the camper and put damp rid in the closet to dry it out. Any suggestions what's Leaking?
DO you have a sink? On mine (also a 2017 but a sixteen foot) the drain and water lines had not been caulked from the factory. Shower water was running down the outside of the lines. There may also be leaks around any wires or gas lines coming in from outside. Please let us know what you find, even if it's next year when you find it.
Attached Thumbnails
Sink drain leak.jpg  
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 04:44 PM   #3

Pennsylvania
That makes sense too me! The red and blue line comes out from under the shower pan up to the faucet, no drain line. The carpet is wet right under where the lines bend and go up to the faucet. So the water must be running down the lines just like you mention. No sink in the shower and no drain line in the closet. Will look at it in the spring.

One side note scamp did have many issues with the 2017 scamps. The brake wire was cut too short and broke off of my scamp. I installed a break away switch and tested it and wheel turned freely, that's when I noticed the broken wire. I wonder how long I drove with one brake?

Thanks for you help!!
Old 11-02-2020, 06:28 AM   #4

Name: Tony
Trailer: Scamp
Ohio
I have a 2019 Scamp with a shower. We had the same problem. Our fix was a simple one. The threaded fittings on one of the water lines loosened a bit. I imagine that the leak will return so I check it every so often.
Tony D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 06:27 PM   #5

Pennsylvania
I check the fittings today and seem tight. Will have to wait till spring when the water is turned on. I have a suspicion that condensation on the water lines may be the problem. Looking at the attached photo I can’t see how water could travel all the way to the floor. The shelf is dry, only where the water lines go under the shower wall is wet.
[ATTACH]138294[/ATTACH
Attached Thumbnails
049E62E5-B346-44B1-8117-3D2B27A204B6.jpg  
Old 11-14-2020, 12:09 PM   #6

Name: Susan
Trailer: Scamp 13
Pennsylvania
Scamp shower leak/connector cracked

Hello,

We had a leak from our shower, via the closet, when our 2015 13' was relatively new. It turned out there is a connector that was over tightened from the factory and had a crack in it. I have attached a picture of it. Might want to check this. It is a pretty easy repair. Good luck!

Susan and Pierre
Attached Thumbnails
Shower Connector Scamp.jpg  
SusanandPierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 12:14 PM   #7

Name: Ray
Trailer: scamp
Indiana
One thing to look at is to divide the problem. I would check the assumption of the supply system leaking. Easy check (when you are not winterized). Fill up the pottable tank and run water into all of the system. Turn everything off. Then turn the power off to the pump and come back tommorow. Turn it on. If the pump runs then you have a leak. If it doesn't then look elsewhere for the leak.

I also have a bore scope that I can used to look at all of the plumbing. Generally where it is leaking will actually have drips that show up if you have a bit of patience.
computerspook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp