Dry flush toilet offered by Scamp - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2021, 01:30 PM   #41

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Roof AC unit makes sense for a newer larger trailer where it can be ordered as an option. In our Trillium 4500, we have figured out we can use a portable AC on wheels with the old furnace exhaust vent. Our portable AC on wheels has proven effective in cooling up to 300 square feet, so no problem there.

My thought has been we would rarely use AC, and haven't yet used it from MI in the summer to FL in the winter. As the seasonal temps get warmer, we always seek camping locations further north. Also, more and more of our camping is dry camping, off grid where AC is not feasible.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 05:24 PM   #42
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Michigan View Post
Roof AC unit makes sense for a newer larger trailer where it can be ordered as an option. In our Trillium 4500, we have figured out we can use a portable AC on wheels with the old furnace exhaust vent. Our portable AC on wheels has proven effective in cooling up to 300 square feet, so no problem there.

My thought has been we would rarely use AC, and haven't yet used it from MI in the summer to FL in the winter. As the seasonal temps get warmer, we always seek camping locations further north. Also, more and more of our camping is dry camping, off grid where AC is not feasible.
Hold on ,Off grid ac not feasible ,not anymore . HC is now offering the option for a DC ac unit on all HC1s While I won’t get into specifics just yet HC will be offering a off grid package that will include a dc air conditioner and dedicated lithium battery and solar set up that will keep most small trailers 25-30 degrees below ambient outdoor temperatures.the package will be expensive around 5grand but with the air unit ,lithium battery and no need to purchase and drag around a large expensive generator it won’t be much more than buying a standard AC unit,lithium battery and solar panel setup separately. I know there will be skeptics but if anyone would like they can visit me here in amherstburg or In La headquarters and check it out for yourself.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp