Scamp city water inlet split - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2021, 10:28 AM   #1

Name: Susan
Trailer: Scamp 13
Massachusetts
Scamp city water inlet split

Hi folks

Working out the kinks as we work our way across the country. No water leaks! But in the process I see that the tubing from the outside water inlet splits in two directions. One is to the faucet, duh. But the other goes down somewhere inaccessible. Where is this going?

I have read some relevant threads and could it be the water pump? The water tank? We appear to have an electric water pump but haven’t tried that as we have not filled the tank.

On another note, this old Dometic RM2201 works great. We are even making ice cubes in plastic egg cartons and keeping ice cream!

Once again, thanks fior advice. Will post s picture as soon as I figure that out.

Susan
SusanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 11:05 AM   #2

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
In Scamps, there are maybe 100 or more different plumbing layouts depending on size, model, options, age and user mods. Your profile says "Scamp to be" so thats no help. Most of the plumbing should be visible in various cabinets, under bench storage areas, etc. Even if a foot or two of the pipe is in areas you can't see you might be able to pick up the other end by poking around. Keep in mind if you have an on board tank and pump then the water from the tank and pump enters the main plumbing in one direction and the city water inlet from another. The city water will be after the pump, or in other words not be between the water tank and the pump.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 11:11 AM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
"outside water inlet"

There are two "outside water inlets", city water inlet and fresh water inlet. The city water inlet is used to connect via a hose to an outside spigot. The fresh water inlet is for hand pouring water into the fresh water tank in or under your trailer.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 06:11 PM   #4

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Like Johnny Standley said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanS View Post
Hi folks

One is to the faucet, duh. But the other goes down somewhere inaccessible. Where is this going?
"It's in the Book"
Attached Thumbnails
plumb 13 water.jpg  
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 07:01 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC0GV View Post
"It's in the Book"
Depends on the year of the trailer. On my 1988, the city water fill is on the passenger side, just to the rear of the wheel well.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:53 PM   #6

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
The year and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Depends on the year of the trailer. On my 1988, the city water fill is on the passenger side, just to the rear of the wheel well.

People new to the Scamps are surprised to find that they will almost NEVER see two identical Scamps. Each one is built to order for the new owner.
The cold pressure line (blue) connects all items that need pressurized cold water. The DC pump, the city water in, the sink, the water heater, the toilet, and the shower/sink all get connected by that blue line. My 2017 16’ matches no floor plans in my catalog. (and it is great)

Having said that, I recall an add for a front kitchen Scamp listed as rare that was almost the same as my sisters'.
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp