Frozen egg casserole - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2002, 02:57 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Frozen egg casserole

I have no idea of the recipe for this egg casserole ... Pam makes it.

She used to make it whenever we had a bunch of folks over for Sunday brunch ... I'm sure y'all have similar recipes. Make it up in a big pan.

I really, really like it ... so much so that Pam now makes up a big one just for us on occasion.

We then cut the casserole up into generous portions for two .... then freeze the portions, wrapped tightly in aluminum foil.

Whenever we leave for a quick weekend, we just pull out one of our frozen bricks of egg casserole, put it in the refrigerator and head off down the road.

The ice cold egg brick helps keep the refrigerator nice and cool ... and by the time Sunday morning rolls around, the generous portion of egg casserole is defrosted.

A few zaps in the microwave, or a quick warm up in a pan. Throw a bagel in the toaster (I bought a second toaster for Pam for Christmas a couple of years ago, so she could keep one in the trailer!)

Yum, yum. Just like having people over for Sunday brunch ... although it's just Pam and I. She always lets me get the bigger portion.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 03:02 PM   #2

Is it anything like this?

10 Eggland's Best eggs, beaten (they're really worth the price)
½ C flour
1 lb cottage cheese
½ lb cheddar cheese shredded
½ lb Monterey Jack cheese shredded
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ stick butter
8 oz can diced green chiles (Augie should use habañeros)

Bake in buttered baking dish at 350º F (177º C) for 35 minutes. After cooling, cut into serving size pieces. Wrap individual pieces in foil and freeze.

Heat in the foil in a covered skillet over low heat and serve with flour tortillas for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Last edited by: Morgan Bulger on 10-07-02 09:44:30

Old 10-29-2002, 03:18 PM   #3

Whoops!

Whoops! Dang, you mean Morgan beat me to the punch about the wrap in foil and freeze? Those little egg bricks really do help keep the refrigerator cold.

As does a frozen two-liter bottle of lemonade (we make from mix and freeze in empty two-liter bottle.

No, Pam's egg casserole recipe involves a couple of layers of crustless bread, ham, green peppers, etc.

Old 10-29-2002, 05:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Orginally posted by Charles Watts

Whoops! Dang, you mean Morgan beat me to the punch about the wrap in foil and freeze? Those little egg bricks really do help keep the refrigerator cold.

As does a frozen two-liter bottle of lemonade (we make from mix and freeze in empty two-liter bottle.

No, Pam's egg casserole recipe involves a couple of layers of crustless bread, ham, green peppers, etc.
Try Lee's, Charles, it's delicious and delectable.

Old 10-29-2002, 05:30 PM   #5

Charles Don't Tease

You know what you are doing is just tantelizing all of us with Pam's delicious receipe for egg casserole and then not sharing the recipe.

Now will you please ask Pam to share?
:u

Old 10-29-2002, 06:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Orginally posted by Carol and Jim Upton

You know what you are doing is just tantelizing all of us with Pam's delicious receipe for egg casserole and then not sharing the recipe.

Now will you please ask Pam to share?
:u
I second that :wave

Old 12-02-2002, 09:52 PM   #7

Frozen egg casserole

Mary,

I tried the breakfast casserole that you posted and we really liked it the day I made it. A few weeks later we tried the frozen portions and they were great. Thanks very much for posting it.

Marion

Old 12-02-2002, 10:01 PM   #8

Glad you liked it, Marion!

But I can't take the credit - it was Morgan's recipe (and if I take credit, he might not ever be inclined to share recipes with me again!)
:lol2
I was reposting what Morgan had said on another thread, because Charles Watts seemed to be describing the exact same dish, but he didn't have any idea of the recipe. Sorry for the confusion!

Old 12-03-2002, 09:04 AM   #9

Epilogue

Charles did finally post Pam's recipe for their Frozen Egg Casserole.

:ola

Tags
eggcamper