EggCamper... New trailer brand coming soon! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-19-2006, 07:08 PM   #41

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Roger, will Jim be checking here for feedback, or should (constructive) comments be sent to the e-mail link on his website?
Good question, Brian. I sent him the link to the thread; hopefully he'll be checking in!

Rog
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:33 PM   #42

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1996 Dakota 4x4 V6
Benita
LUNAMOD is great! Combines moon, MOD as in '60's-'70's chic, and MOD as in module!

I thought the same thing first time I ever heard about a Fiber Stream; you just distilled the image for us!
Palmer M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:37 PM   #43

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
I was thinking retro Lunar Module.

I'm sure the FS makers must have been thinking about a fiberglass Airstream and came up with Fiber Stream. Someone should have taken them by the hand.
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:50 PM   #44

How about LOTS of little windows like the dome/observation cars at the end of the old Milwaukee Road HIAWATHA streamlined trains?!

Name:   hiawatha.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  5.5 KB

Too cool if they were tinted, and a couple upper ones could crank open.

http://www.trainweb.org/hiawatha/opening.html

Here's a link that shows the old cars^

P
Old 04-19-2006, 09:14 PM   #45

Since it's coming from Michigan, how about

WOLVERINE

They could come up with a cartoon wolverine like the Bigfoot symbol or the Tasmanian Devil!
P
Old 04-20-2006, 04:24 AM   #46

Quote:
Suz, it does look low to the ground, especially when one is used to the raised rear of the 16' Casita.
I like the stance on the wheels though. Wide track makes it look sporty. Coupled with 88" width might make it more challenging to tow than I'm used to. I haven't seen a Burro or Uhaul in some years...are they that wide?
P
I think the rear bumper placement makes it appear to ride lower than it does. Something about the bumper color sort of brings your eye down also.

The website should contain height info, interior and exterior. I still fantasize about a garageable 16fter.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:05 AM   #47
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
And, the photo of the bath wasn't on the site when Jim asked me to post the photos.
... nor was it on there when I looked. Perhaps he did read some of the comments and that's why he added the picture of the bathroom so we'd know.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:23 AM   #48

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I think the translucent door in the photo above is a shower door, used as the bathroom door; it appears to have your bath with shower. This is also a requirement for us, which is why we have a Boler B1700RGH rather than the other used units which were available in this area (generally B1300 and Trillium 1300).
That would have to go! Gad...I do like my privacy in a private place. If it needs to be translucent...at least they could make the bottom 3/4 completely blocking and leave the top portion clear. My stars..what was he thinking
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:44 AM   #49

Trailer: Love Bug 1974
wow! What a great looking travel trailer! I love it.

I do agree that the door on the shower must not be transparent...

Like Suz, I'd prefer NO stripe to this one that has angles that compete with the smooth, curved lines of the trailer. I think it would make more of a statement, if it were bare.
Less is more, especially in a modern design.

I'm afraid I'd feel a bit claustrophobic without any window in the back...perhaps a porthole or something?

I, too, am not a blind fan. I'd prefer roman shades, at an upgrade price, of course. They could match or coordinate with the cushions. You can use an insulated lining on a Roman Shade to help on all temps.

I love this trailer, it is functional, classic, well designed. Can we get it in colors?

Well done, I'm impressed!
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:54 AM   #50

Trailer: 1973 Trillium 13 ft
I saw one of these outside a body shop in Grandville, MI this morning, and checked out the website. Apparently they are manufactured at that body shop. I will call them and see if I can get a look inside soon. This looked oike a 13 foot, not a 17. My first impression was that it needs more windows. My second thought was, "hey, no rivets"!

Dale
Patricia Baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:44 PM   #51

Yippee! If you find out prices, let us know.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:42 PM   #52

Trailer: 72 Boler American
Jupiter has some cool names for it's moons that could make a good name for this camper:
Metis, Adrastea, Amalthea, Thebe, Io, Europa, Ganymede (the biggest), Callisto (the second biggest), Leda (the smallest), Himalia, Lysithea, Elara, Ananke, Carme, Pasiphae, Sinope and many other unamed moons.

I kind of like Callisto.
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:09 AM   #53

Trailer: 1985 Scamp 16 ft
Quote:
How about LOTS of little windows like the dome/observation cars at the end of the old Milwaukee Road HIAWATHA streamlined trains?!

Attachment 2313

Too cool if they were tinted, and a couple upper ones could crank open.
Great idea! I'm coming into this game from tent camping, so my love of the outdoors is a prime consideration. I'd like more windows, to see where I'm camping
John Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:23 PM   #54

Trailer: Surfside TM14 1978
My curiosity ran wild...
I called Eggcamper to see what it is all about. I reached Jim Palmer and was he ever a nice accomodating fellow to talk to. The following is how the conversation went;
He is located south-west of Grand Rapids Michigan
The Eggcamper has a 13' body, and a 17' chassis.
He is partially targeting the rental market. The rental market does not want to rent campers with propane (insurance and safety), his focus will be electric with provision to mount an Onan generator on the tongue.
Loaded weight to be under 2400lbs. This includes water, gen set, battery, frig, etc.
He will be using a flat door and screen by Phillips. While the curved door looks beautiful it is very labour intensive to build and there is no good way to make a screen door to go with it.
He is targeting a production rate of 2/week within a year or two.
He is ramping up slowly as he is keeping this project in the black, and doesn't want to go into debt getting it going.
He really appreciates the input and feedback he has received from this forom, and sends his thanks! He is unable to post anything himself at this time due to computer problems. (He posts something then when he presses <enter> it dissappears)
He is using channel iron that runs from the hitch to the bumper as one stress relieved piece. The channel iron makes for a strong yet light frame. He has studied the old Boler frames and his will not have the frame crack issues.
Width of the rig is 88" (7'4") (at it's widest point).
He is using a Dexter Rub 'R' Ride axle.
$13,600 usd should get you a nicely equipped rig with battery and hot water heater. Add $800 for a Norcold refrigerator. Maybe $13,000 usd base.
He is not taking orders or deposits at this time but does have a list of people ready to contact on launch. He hopes to sell his pre-production models this fall or early next spring.
It is a double hull construction with a space blanket between the hulls for insulation.
It would sound like you would be able to custom order how you would want your rig equipped.
Nothing is in stone, but this is the way it is shaping up.

Pretty darn cool eh!
Adam
adamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:34 PM   #55

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
The Eggcamper has a 13' body, and a 17' chassis.
$13,600 usd should get you a nicely equipped rig with battery and hot water heater. Add $800 for a Norcold refrigerator. Maybe $13,000 usd base.
Seems like a lot for a 13' trailer. We purchased our 2005 13' Scamp, fully loaded, for just under $10,000.
Jeremy Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:52 PM   #56

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
So now we know why the exterior is so clean looking: with no propane, there are no vents for the refrigerator, furnace, or water heater.

Quote:
Seems like a lot for a 13' trailer.
That's a 17-foot trailer: they're all measured from coupler to bumper, so a "13 foot" Boler has a ten-foot body. The EggCamper is also wider than a typical 13' egg, and similar to other widebodies such as my B1700, which is a "17 foot" model with a 14-foot long body.

The price seems, to me, to be competitive with those for similarly-sized units from Casita when I considered them a couple years ago. Current Canadian prices for Escape and Bigfoot (25B17.5 models) are significantly higher than the EggCamper estimate (there are no Canadian prices for Casita or Scamp, since they don't sell here).
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:17 PM   #57

Jeremy,

Was that with a plumbed shower/toilet?

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. A Scamp 13fter is a 10ft cabin and the rest tongue. Scamp's 16ft model has a 13ft cabin plus 3 feet more tip of tongue to bumper length. This 13fter has 3ft more cabin than the 13ft industry standard, or the same size cabin as a Scamp 16fter and a longer generator-friendly tongue. The three foot cost differential between Scamp's 13ft model and 16ft model is how much?

There is an industry standard for describing the size of travel trailers. I think the measurement is bumper to tip of tongue which makes this is a 17ft trailer. This guy will probably have to change how this is measured if he begins selling them as RVs. Horse trailers and commercial trailers are measured differently, I think. Only the size of the cabin is taken into consideration. So, he is not describing an RV when he says its a 13fter.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:22 PM   #58

Depending on where you are the length of the trailer determines what you are licensed to produce. I vaguely remember Reace at Escape being willing to modify his trailer for bike racks and storage compartments until he found out the extra length would cause him regulatory problems. Apparently, he applied to produce a 17ft trailer or a trailer no longer than 17ft and he would be in trouble if he produced something that fudged that length limitation.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:58 PM   #59

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to bill&sandra
Quote:
Or it might look good to reverse the drop...

This visually anchors the bigger window AND the taillights:

Attachment 2289

Low in the front, high in the back also suggests speed...like in auto design. I guess that's why I don't like the rear-dropping stripe - it makes it look slow.

I like the 'round-the-top seam...on the Casita any striping is pretty much limited to the belly band.

P

i agree, better look with the lowered part in front. I too missed the back window, it wouldnt have to open either if the side ones did. Thing i don't like is the seam verticle. what i like about the scamp/casita's is their ability not to leak on the top. so many of the tin trailers have leak marks inside (see ebay) and I don't remember any of the 'eggs' with bad damage. As field offices this would be terrific. the insides are beautiful and comfortin. but unless they tote a port-a-potty customers are not going to be happy, and neither are sales folks. get stuck with no potty for 8 hours. aint nice. anyway. hope this works out. would like to see any changes yo make too. thanks for letting us take a gander.
bill&sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:33 PM   #60

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
"thanks for letting us take a gander"

trailer already looks like it has had a "goose"
potteralice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper