The danger in making your egg shiny - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2006, 12:24 AM   #1

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
So, I found a product at my local marine/hardware store called "glass cote", that seemed to be a lot like the famed vertglas. It was 15.99 for a 16 oz bottle, and after doing the whole trailer with 3 coats, I still have a tiny bit left over.

BUT, a warning to anybody that decides to add some shine to their trailer...I took it out for the weekend (up to Sequim, WA, wish I could have gone to the OR gathering!), and the whole way up there my eyes kept straying off the road and to my rear view mirrors to admire the shine

Daisy
Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 12:36 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Good info.Thanks,Glad it worked for you.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:41 AM   #3

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
LOL... i hope you had sunglasses on because of the glare!!
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 10:43 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Well, a good reason to feed the firbreglass and shine 'er up, is -- makes it a bit easier to get the mud off!

We left the unseasonably hot sunny coast for the interior -- where it rained every day for a week! The last half hour of the drive was on a logging road, and a mud bath to beat all, wow, our beige Boler was brown. I cleaned the "curb side" (water side, you know where the lake is, the fire pit, the lawn chairs) to avoid getting covered in dust every time we went in or out the door.

I was amazed the pouring rain never quite cleaned the sides, only the top of the trailer and truck.

We drove back to the "rain" coast in the blazing sun, which nicely caked on the dirt. Hubby hosed 'er down, glad I spent all those hours shining 'er up this spring....
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper