Amerigo - Unknown year. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-23-2009, 07:09 PM   #1

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT / 2004 GMC Safari
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/rvs/1135221884.html

Can anyone tell me more about these Amerigos? Seller is out of town, so a "no-go" on seeing it soon..

..is the worth giving up my 16ft U-Haul for should this trailer be in 'acceptable' condition? I paid more than double for my 16ft VT - and didn't have to do anything but decorate to my taste with it - are these more rare than mine?

I was willing to run over the moment I saw this ad (ok, so it was 11:30 last night) but emailed the owner and got back a response this afternoon... 2 of my neighbors want to ride over and see it with me! Think my block is just "alittle" excited over the possibility of a new trailer coming unto the street?

Any info anyone can provide would be apprecitated more than you know...DH says "Get if if you like it"..."but you have to give up another toy!" UGH!
Old 04-23-2009, 07:35 PM   #2

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
I really like the Amerigo and have been inside several of them.
Like the Burro/U-Haul they are double walled but I also have seen them with the ceiling inside shell drooping.

This one you list has a funky front window which you can tell if you look closely. It looks like the original boke out and they replaced it with plywood and a newer smaller window.
The windows hinge at the top and are held open by little rods in factory condition at least.

Certainly worth a looksie for the price.
On the other hand if your U-Haul is not broke,Why fix it?

Ed
Old 04-23-2009, 08:50 PM   #3

Trailer: 1973 Compact II / 2001 Honda CRV SE automatic
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Domingos Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph Domingos
Very interesting Ed, I didn't realize that the Amerigos were double-hulled like the others. Double-hulled is a possible want I had in mind for my dream trailer of the future, so now that's one more brand I could possibly shop... hehe

There does seem to be a lot more panelling inside, from what I can see in these pics, than in a Burro or UHaul. Guess that's just an aspect of the Amerigo brand, huh? What else would be wise to know about the Amerigos?

Thanks for the info,
Joe
Old 04-23-2009, 09:11 PM   #4

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr
Quote:
... This one you list has a funky front window which you can tell if you look closely. It looks like the original boke out and they replaced it with plywood and a newer smaller window.
I think the outer frame that we see on the front is for the rockguard -- either the rockguard is missing or it is transparent.

I do remember seeing the fourth picture (the one of the sink and cooktop) somewhere else recently. I'm trying to find it -- it may give us some clues.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:22 PM   #5

My, my, don't these pictures look familiar?

Name:   3nb3kc3l1ZZZZZZZZZ94aaf00eca9851d1b5b.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  5.6 KB
[attachment=23575:3pb3o33l...1cd11f80.
jpg]

Here's the ad they came from:
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/rvs/1116855671.html

The older ad says it's a 1977. So did the seller forget the year for the new ad, or become convinced that he didn't know the year after all?

My goodness! There's an earlier ad referenced in this post:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...&hl=amerigo

This trailer is still looking for a new home...
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2009, 09:50 PM   #6

Oops! I'm sorry..I didn't know this exact trailer had already been discussed...it was the first time I'd seen it on Craigslist (as I check that site often for things I don't need but like to look at!)

The seller wasn't much help with the email reply I received, and knowing it was a 1977 before - that information was left out.

Ed is right. My U-haul isn't broken, It's just been in storage since November in a very nice pole barn about an hour from my home. Maybe I miss it soooo much that I want ANY fiberglass trailer right about now.

I wanted to get it out of storage today and bring 'her' home, but when I called the barn owner said "Well, I can't get to it today as there's 3 boats blocking it in...I'm sooo sorry" I replied "Sorry? That's "Security" to me! If you can't get it out, then no one can!!"

I love my U-haul..Thanks Ed for making me realize how much. I'll pass on this Amerigo, but I'd be glad to go take a look at it for anyone else that is truly interested.

Old 04-24-2009, 03:34 PM   #7

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
I think the outer frame that we see on the front is for the rockguard -- either the rockguard is missing or it is transparent.
You are right I am afraid I spoke too soon.
That does look like the rock guard frame.
In any case all of the windows look newer than the trailer.
That could be good or bad depending how you look at it?
Old 04-24-2009, 08:35 PM   #8

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe

is that an OVEN under the burners in the photo??? does anyone know the weight of this trailer? i am tempted but still hope for a 13 casita with bath.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:22 PM   #9

Just FYI...

The owner told me via Email that he would be out of town until Sunday - so emailing him to ask may take a couple more days..
Old 04-25-2009, 06:11 PM   #10

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
We saw that Amerigo and it is in need of a complete gut and over haul. Certainly not worth the money being asked for it. It is truly a mouse house. Terry R.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:44 PM   #11

New ad but same pictures:

16FT fiberglass Camper - $2200 (Rootstown)

Reply to: sale-xdye6-1171276344[at]craigslist.org
Date: 2009-05-14, 6:48PM EDT

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/rvs/1171276344.html

1977 Amerigo pull Camper. Stove with oven,2 way frig , furnace, portapottie, sleeps 3 -4 people. Light weight pulled with my S/10. $2200.00 OBO
Old 05-17-2009, 12:33 AM   #12

Quote:
We saw that Amerigo and it is in need of a complete gut and over haul. Certainly not worth the money being asked for it. It is truly a mouse house. Terry R.
Terry, I'm not sure how to interpret the phrase "It is truly a mouse house." Do you mean it has/had been infested with mice, or that it is tattered and well-worn. If the former I would be concerned about the Hanta virus while cleaning up the trailer.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:47 AM   #13

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Dana, it was infested with mice. They had even chowed on the wood. I don't think we have that virus in this part of the country like the southwest does, but maybe. Terry R.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:40 PM   #14

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Hanta virus? Even if it was invested, a major cleaning with bleach will dilute the dust that carries the Hanta virus. Wearing a mask, Ventilate and spray the whole thing down with bleach and water, kills it! Or so they say...................................

Tags
amerigo