New Bigfoot - Outside Speakers - - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2009, 04:44 PM   #1

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
We just picked up our new 2008 Bigfoot from Gibbs RV in Oregon. We took a chance on one of the ebay auctions and got a good deal. We were always dreaming about a Bigfoot but could never afford it, so we figured that we better grab one of the last ones before it was too late. We were a little worried about buying sight unseen, but were pleasantly surprised. The only problem with this rig so far is one of the GFI plugs appears to need replacing because the electric outlets on one side of the trailer don't work. Also, we can't figure out how to turn off the outside stereo speakers. We figured out how to work the balance control between "left" and "right", but that just controls the front and back speakers on both the inside and outside of the camper. Anybody have any ideas how to turn off the ouside speakers? We had fun picking up the trailer in Oregon and sight seeing on the way back to Kansas City. The photo was taken at Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area in Wyoming.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flaiming_gorge.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	20642
L Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:54 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
there should be a switch on the front of the stereo that says "Front/Rear" of "A/B" or possibly "Main" and extension.

Look for a "Two choice" option..

if you can't find one:

1. Post a pic of the front of the stereo so I can see..

I don't think anyone is silly enough to parallel the two sets, but.. I have seen a lot of dumb audio tricks in my life. If thats what happened, disconnecting the second set is the only way, but post a pic first.. it should be as simple as a switch or pot.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:10 PM   #3

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
If it is a car stereo of some type try to find the Front/Rear fader control.
Maybe one set is on the front and the other the rear?
Nowadays you have to go into Menus to adjust any of this kind of thing.
Likely if there is a menu button it will cycle you through the normal adjustments till you get to the fader.

Or like Gina said if you post a picture we can post back 1000 words....give or take a few.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:46 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Check all your outlets for a GFI reset.

And also check for a GFI circuit breaker.

I had a boat that one GFI outlet tripped and shut down all the outlets on one side of the boat.

Bill K

Quote:
The only problem with this rig so far is one of the GFI plugs appears to need replacing because the electric outlets on one side of the trailer don't work.
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:41 AM   #5

Trailer: Boler 1984
If you have an automotive type of stereo some models have a push/pull feature. Push the button in to controll side to side and pull the button out to controll front to back, etc.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:29 AM   #6

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Quote:
If you have an automotive type of stereo some models have a push/pull feature. Push the button in to controll side to side and pull the button out to controll front to back, etc.
You probably have a Linear Series stereo made by Magnadyne. If it's anything like mine it has an A/B switch on the front panel as Gina D describes. Here's a link to the manufacturer where you can find the Owner's Manual online.
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:32 AM   #7

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
It turns out it was the fader control that worked in turning off the oustide speakers. Thanks for that info. I would never have figured that out. It is a Kenwood stereo, one of the kind that have the removeable faceplate to prevent theft. I wish we still had the simple radios that just have an "on/off" button and simple manual controls that you don't need a degree in electrical engineering or at least a free day to read the thick manual that comes with it to figure it out. Of course, this appears to be a car radio so the manual didn't say anything about "outside speakers." And it did have an electronic style menu to get to the fader control.
L Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:18 PM   #8

Name: Barbara & Frank
Trailer: 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe 2008
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Barbara Lukehart
Quote:
Originally Posted by L Schmidt View Post
We just picked up our new 2008 Bigfoot from Gibbs RV in Oregon. We took a chance on one of the ebay auctions and got a good deal. We were always dreaming about a Bigfoot but could never afford it, so we figured that we better grab one of the last ones before it was too late. We were a little worried about buying sight unseen, but were pleasantly surprised. The only problem with this rig so far is one of the GFI plugs appears to need replacing because the electric outlets on one side of the trailer don't work. Also, we can't figure out how to turn off the outside stereo speakers. We figured out how to work the balance control between "left" and "right", but that just controls the front and back speakers on both the inside and outside of the camper. Anybody have any ideas how to turn off the ouside speakers? We had fun picking up the trailer in Oregon and sight seeing on the way back to Kansas City. The photo was taken at Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area in Wyoming.

Attachment 20642
Is that actually a 2008? It looks newer! Fiberglass holds its value well! We just purchased a new 2018 from a dealer in Denver Colorado. We chose the options and we did not pick the outside speakers. We love our new... taller and wider trailer, a 21' front bed unit. My husband had hit his head one too many times on our 2008 Casita SD.
Apparently, we followed the "4 foot rule". We first purchased a 13' Scamp, then 17' Casita, and now a 21' Bigfoot... "CalYeti". We we're too late to pick that personalized license, though. Perhaps we will see you along our journeys... Happy trails!Click image for larger version

Name:	20180130_130816.jpeg
Views:	24
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	119743

Sent from my SM-G930V using Fiberglass RV mobile app
619-928-1200
Barbara Lukehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:20 PM   #9

Name: Barbara & Frank
Trailer: 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe 2008
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Barbara Lukehart
Btw, on your radio controls, the A position is for INSIDE. You will need to find the B or C option for OUTSIDE.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Fiberglass RV mobile app
619-928-1200
Barbara Lukehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:39 PM   #10

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
This thread is nine years old.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 06:46 AM   #11
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel A. View Post
This thread is nine years old.

LOL
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 09:40 AM   #12

Name: John
Trailer: 87 13'Scamp Deluxe
Nevada
Registry
HI Barb...we met yesterday 6/13/2021, as my wife Suzanne and I drove by. FYI, I posted a message to Mike about the Taylorsville gathering in September and we're hoping there is still space left:-)

OH...got your phone message yesterday! Excellent
Chooch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot