U-haul CT13 for sale near Athens, GA - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2012, 08:40 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler
U-haul CT13 for sale near Athens, GA

I saw this CT-13 U-Haul for sale on the local craigslist - looks a lot like mine:

UHAUL Egg Camper

I'm spending the weekend working on resealing the rear windows of mine and installing a spare tire mount to get ready for camping season.
Jack Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:08 AM   #2

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Must be a different camping season down there! We are wrapping up our camping over the next month in northern Illinois.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:23 AM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We are working on some improvements on our Uhaul, including windows, and taking it to Georgia for the winter! That for sale unit has the swamp cooler but it looks like the top cover is missing. Replacement refridgerator, maybe a dorm fridge, original curtains, original propane regulator gone, it has the newer cabinet latches that ours doesn't, wonder if the windows leak. I don't see the furnace vent, it probably has been removed. I took ours out , using that area for storage, put a light in the vent hole. Our front bunk support is gone but we don't need it. We are also working on improving the storage, interior lighting, and the big problem of water leaks.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #4

Name: Gary
Trailer: U HAUL
Georgia
Hey, This is my unit on Craigslist. The orig. cover for the swamp cooler blew off on a road trip and i made one out of alum. It does still have the orig heater that works. I have only used the fan on the swamp cooler. Works good for Georgia.The fridge is a dorm fridge. Everything else is orig. UHAUL Egg Camper This is the cl ad.

http://athensga.craigslist.org/rvs/3193319398.html
gtappleby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:43 PM   #5

Georgia
Oh yes it does need new seals for doors and windows. It has white tape over the vent for the furnace to keep the wasps out. It is to the left of the door.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:49 PM   #6

Georgia
Hey Jack, what are you using for sealing windows?
Old 08-20-2012, 07:52 PM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtappleby View Post
Hey Jack, what are you using for sealing windows?
Read this thread:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ows-42722.html
Old 08-20-2012, 08:34 PM   #8

Trailer: Boler
What they said on the previous post - I'm replacing the gaskets on the side windows and all of the felt strips for the windows. If anyone has a source for new handles for the sliding windows I'd appreciate the heads up.

I've got the weatherstrip on order - you have to order it in 50' lengths so I will probably have enough to do two trailers when I get the delivery this week.
Jack Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:31 PM   #9

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Tom had a great idea to keep the wasps out of the furnace vent, a sink drain screen. I used it on ours until I removed the furnace. Trying to find a dorm fridge to replace the icebox that will fit the original hole. Replaced our rear window and one side window. Have to order the weatherstrip and rebuild the other side window. I'm also looking for a handle for the sliding window. Check Vintage Trailer Supply, they may have something. I got rid of our swamp cooler cover recently for shipping costs, have the rest of the ceiling unit if anyone needs it.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
u-haul