GA - U-Haul CT 13 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2013, 07:19 AM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Tom, do you know what weatherstrip fits the door? I just got some from another member but don't recall what the spec or source is, dodge van maybe. I remember seeing it posted at one time. Is it in mike's parts source list. Bruce and Kaye will need that info.
It was offered up that a Dodge minivan door seal works.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...eal-52271.html

I don't see the seal listed in Mike's summary, but the new owners will want it print a copy for future reference.

Fiberglass RV - Document Center - Uhaul parts cross reference
Old 03-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #22

Name: Sean
Trailer: 1984 Uhaul CT 13
Georgia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighth001 View Post
I had to put in new weatherstripping around the door. I also used some eze rv gutter molding over the door to divert the water around the door.
The water should run around the inner lip of the door and drip off the bottom. I'll see if I can take a picture tomorrow.
So as I mentioned, I used this for the door frame weatherstripping:

http://www.perfectfit.com/15976/1663...-the-side.html

Here's a pic of the eze gutter:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130325_154327.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	56584

I had some extra plain stick on weatherstripping that I put on the door itself. (and extra gutter that I made a channel on the top of the door with)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130325_154528.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	56585

door doesn't leak at all now. Hope this helps.
My U-haul Camper Blog
knighth001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #23

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Sean: Thanks for that info, I'll add it to my Uhaul file folder.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #24

Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Registry
[QUOTE=knighth001;372556]So as I mentioned, I used this for the door frame weatherstripping:

Trim Seal- Vinyl Quick edge with round rubber bulb on the side

That is the same as I used on the VT and sold what was left to Kevin. Will add it to the list along with the dodge caravan info for the next update along with alternate windows and hopefully wheel options. I got an old Hollander cross reference book today and am pondering the info, appears there may be a 14" option to go with the 15" that came with mine originally, just have to wait till the snow melts and I can get some part numbers off the wheel.
mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #25

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Re: the door SEAL and also the door SILL

[QUOTE=mmeyer;372609]
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighth001 View Post
So as I mentioned, I used this for the door frame weatherstripping:

Trim Seal- Vinyl Quick edge with round rubber bulb on the side

That is the same as I used on the VT and sold what was left to Kevin. Will add it to the list along with the dodge caravan info for the next update along with alternate windows and hopefully wheel options. I got an old Hollander cross reference book today and am pondering the info, appears there may be a 14" option to go with the 15" that came with mine originally, just have to wait till the snow melts and I can get some part numbers off the wheel.
Mr. Mike,
Thanks again for your efforts at establishing and enhancing the Uhaul parts Reference List! One day, quite by accident, I happened to find this
stair edging which is an exact replacement for what came on my original
CT. It is available in brushed satin gold as well and cheap!
Search Results for stair trim at The Home Depot

It may be available Lowes, etc....
Mr. Bruce and Ms Kaye,
Watch out or you'll catch our UHaul fever (actually it's kind of fun!)
Old 03-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #26

Name: Bruce & Kaye
Trailer: U-Haul 13ct
Georgia
Registry
Thanks everyone! We've ordered new weather stripping for the door & will get the gutter as well. Fingers crossed. I may have found a source for tail light covers/lense! I'll get his information if anyone is interested. The tail light covers/lense is $75.00 each & there is a waiting list. Although ours are fine we are ordering a set "just in case". He said it would be a few months out, as he casts them himself, as needed. He said they are labor intensive. Let me know if anyone is interested.
BruceandKaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceandKaye View Post
........I may have found a source for tail light covers/lense! I'll get his information if anyone is interested. The tail light covers/lense is $75.00 each & there is a waiting list. Although ours are fine we are ordering a set "just in case". He said it would be a few months out, as he casts them himself, as needed. He said they are labor intensive. Let me know if anyone is interested.
Every one is interested. Is it different than this source?:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post331946
Old 03-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #28

Florida
Registry
Tail light lenses?

Quote:
Thanks everyone! We've ordered new weather stripping for the door & will get the gutter as well. Fingers crossed. I may have found a source for tail light covers/lense! I'll get his information if anyone is interested. The tail light covers/lense is $75.00 each & there is a waiting list. Although ours are fine we are ordering a set "just in case". He said it would be a few months out, as he casts them himself, as needed. He said they are labor intensive. Let me know if anyone is interested.
YES SIR, WE ARE ALL INTERESTED, IT'S PROBABLY LANNY...
Old 03-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #29

Georgia
Registry
Yep, it's Lanny. ♥
Old 03-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #30

Indiana
Registry
[QUOTE=djtriceflt;372636][QUOTE=mmeyer;372609]

Mr. Mike,
Thanks again for your efforts at establishing and enhancing the Uhaul parts Reference List! One day, quite by accident, I happened to find this
Search Results for*stair trim*at The Home Depot

I believe the edging is not original as I didn't see any note of it in the manual but will add to the list as a FYI note along with curtain wires floor options etc. Also I will cross reference window and door rubber with the C.R. Lawrence catalog who makes all the stuff for perfect fit. May give someone an option to go to a glazier to buy parts
Old 03-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #31

Florida
Registry
[QUOTE=mmeyer;372903][QUOTE=djtriceflt;372636]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeyer View Post

Mr. Mike,
Search Results for*stair trim*at The Home Depot

I believe the edging is not original as I didn't see any note of it in the manual but will add to the list as a FYI note along with curtain wires floor options etc. Also I will cross reference window and door rubber with the C.R. Lawrence catalog who makes all the stuff for perfect fit. May give someone an option to go to a glazier to buy parts
You may be right, but, page 57 item 36, shows part #34823-015 extr J x 24-3/4 Threshold and it was this very type that was on my very original CT. (a second one I am restoring)Maybe someone else can vertify they also have this type threshold?
Regardless, it works perfectly...
Old 03-27-2013, 06:04 AM   #32

Mine came with the aluminum stair nose as a threshold trim piece.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:33 AM   #33

Name: Mike
Trailer: uhaul, 84, 13CT
Massachusetts
Hi: Just to let you know, the document section of this site has U Haul parts and repair manuals in it. I've found them very handy. Also the people on this site are fantastic about answering questions. Welcome. Mike
h.mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #34

Indiana
Registry
[QUOTE=djtriceflt;372929][QUOTE=mmeyer;372903]
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtriceflt View Post

You may be right, but, page 57 item 36, shows part #34823-015 extr J x 24-3/4 Threshold and it was this very type that was on my very original CT. (a second one I am restoring)Maybe someone else can vertify they also have this type threshold?
Regardless, it works perfectly...
Looks like i didn't look close enough, have added to the spread sheet as confirmed for CT's
Old 03-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #35

Florida
Registry
[QUOTE=mmeyer;373222][QUOTE=djtriceflt;372929]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeyer View Post
Looks like i didn't look close enough, have added to the spread sheet as confirmed for CT's
Thanks Mr. Mike, for your great document, your the man!
Old 03-30-2013, 04:04 PM   #36

Georgia
Registry
We were able to fix most of the window leak, by replacing the exterior glazing push in trim. We got 100' roll of the exterior glazing trim for the windows. Needless to say we've got some to spare. If anyone wanting to buy some of our extra, send me a PM. (.66 per foot plus shipping cost). We're installing the Eze gutter over the door frame & windows & are waiting for our weather stripping. We'll be cutting new seat boards this week, and that should just about tie up the "repair" part. The "modification" I'm seeing as a work in progress. We've added some outlets & will be adding an AC, new carpet/flooring. Spring is spring out all over here in central Georgia & I'm looking forward to our first "egg"cellent adventure.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #37

Georgia
Registry
Some updates....Well we've been pretty diligent working on our "excellent" condition camper. Leaks are 99.9% GONE. Gutters in place, silicone & caulked running lights. Installed a new exterior outlet, new door gasket, removed heater, (bad circuit board), cleaned, repaired & repainted the gas burners, fixed the hinges on cabinets, installed a ac unit, (thanks for the details George Lauver!). Cut & painted new seat boards. Replaced trailer bolts. Added interior outlets & 12 volt outlet. Shelves in closet & the vacant heater space. Removed fridge & replaced with shelves & added microwave. Cushions, hand cleaned & waiting to go back in. Windows basically redone, by adding new vinyl glazing to the outside track & new interior track. Re-glued window handle. Installed water filter, water pump & new water lines. New faucet. Adding spare tire holder. Whew! (BTW we found the deck plates & some running lights at ACADEMY SPORTS of all places.) We also survived a 3 week bout of bronchitis, 2 week visit with the in-laws, but we are seeing the light! OOOhhh, we named HER too! Photos are coming shortly.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #38

Replacement circuit boards for the heater are available from Dinosaur, so if you don't want it, someone else may be glad to buy it from you.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #39

Georgia
Registry
Well we took our little camper on it's first trip. We went to the Savannah area, KOA Savannah South, in Richmond Hill. GREAT TIME, even got a short storm go thru & NO LEAKS! We kept a little notepad & kept track of what we needed (outside door mat) what to leave (laundry basket, we got a stuff sack instead) which way to sleep & some modifications we still need to do. But overall 9.5 out of 10. We did purchase a 6" memory foam mattress from Walmart online. (Got here in 2 days! FREE shipping) We unzipped the cover, cut thru the proactive material, outlined the cushions, triple check the measurement & cut it to size with an electric knife. Bruce added about 2" overall & it fit PERFECTLY. We folded and "man sewed" (duct-taped) the protective cover down, zippered it back & you'd never know it was cut. (We're storing the original cushions) The excess mattress trim, we will cover & use for a shams. So for 129.00 plus tax, we have a very comfortable bed, all one piece. We're heading out again to Skidaway Island State Park, in Savannah & will try to get in one more "test" trip before we head west for 6 weeks.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:02 PM   #40

Quote:
Well we took our little camper on it's first trip. We went to the Savannah area, KOA Savannah South, in Richmond Hill. GREAT TIME, even got a short storm go thru & NO LEAKS! We kept a little notepad & kept track of what we needed (outside door mat) what to leave (laundry basket, we got a stuff sack instead) which way to sleep & some modifications we still need to do. But overall 9.5 out of 10. We did purchase a 6" memory foam mattress from Walmart online. (Got here in 2 days! FREE shipping) We unzipped the cover, cut thru the proactive material, outlined the cushions, triple check the measurement & cut it to size with an electric knife. Bruce added about 2" overall & it fit PERFECTLY. We folded and "man sewed" (duct-taped) the protective cover down, zippered it back & you'd never know it was cut. (We're storing the original cushions) The excess mattress trim, we will cover & use for a shams. So for 129.00 plus tax, we have a very comfortable bed, all one piece. We're heading out again to Skidaway Island State Park, in Savannah & will try to get in one more "test" trip before we head west for 6 weeks.
Terrific! Glad you and the CT are off to a good start. It really is a wonderful little piece of engineering and a fun place to tinker to make it all your own.

Tags
u-haul