"snippet" only last 3 seconds - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2014, 07:45 PM   #1

Name: Pete
Trailer: 17' Casita SD
Wisconsin
"snippet" only last 3 seconds

What happened to the feature in the forums where you could hold the curser over a discussion and you could read a large part of the discussion to see if it was one you wanted to enter, now I hold the curser over the discussion and it disappears after about 3 seconds, this isn't new, been several months
yyyyyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:07 PM   #2

Name: Sharon
Trailer: Chez Nous - a 2011 Scamp 16'
Texas
I just held my cursor over your discussion topic for 3 minutes and got a large snippet of what this discussion is about.

S.
SharonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:10 PM   #3

Wisconsin
Hmmmmmm...could it be me??? I just bought a new computer with windows 8.1 and hate it, maybe it's getting back at me.
Pete
Old 01-23-2014, 08:25 PM   #4

Name: Sharon
Trailer: Chez Nous - a 2011 Scamp 16'
Texas
You know, it could be that. If so, I can't imagine how to fix it. My other notebook has win 8.1 on it and tomorrow I'll test it for that snippet thing. I'm on Win vista right now and works perfect.
SharonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:56 PM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyyyyguy View Post
Hmmmmmm...could it be me??? I just bought a new computer with windows 8.1 and hate it, maybe it's getting back at me.
Pete
Santa gave me a new Windows 8.1 for Christmas but it went back after 4 painful days of trying to get to play nice with other devises in the house. Sadly it wouldn't. The last straw came when I tried to mail a file directly from window explorer only to discover that the mail program that came with Windows 8.1 isn't able to do that! Gezzzz after 30 years as a windows user I called it a day and returned it and now a very happy Mac owner.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:11 PM   #6

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
I'm sitting here on a laptop with Window 8.1.
I hated it when I got it, it seemed some of my
complaints went away when I downloaded Goggle Chrome.

The text remains as I hold my cursor over it.

My main computer is also a Apple.
My son put Google Chrome on it for me when I got it.
So the experience now is kinda similar.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:30 PM   #7

Name: Gage
Trailer: 13' Burro
California
I have Windows 7 and that's bad enough. Although I have no problem reading a 'snippet'. The last time I took my computer to the doctor, besides doing what needed to be done and because I was a good customer he loaded 8.1 as favor without me knowing. Took it right back to him a day later and made him reinstall Windows 7.
gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:02 AM   #8

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Gotta love MicroSoft for showering us with continual "improvements." After all, Bill Gates and all of his employees know just what we want and need. And actually, Apple is just as guilty of ramming undesirable improvement down everyone's throat. Wonder if they ever ask the real users what they think?
Old 01-24-2014, 07:44 AM   #9

Wisconsin
Gee, thanks for making me feel better about my new purchase...it's just irritating when I (a slow reader) start to read a discussion and it (snippet) disappears, rats!
Thanks, Pete
Old 01-24-2014, 11:15 AM   #10

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Me things Mr Gates once again pulled the trigger a little fast on releasing Windows 8 - even with the new big update released it still has a lot of silly bugs. As mentioned releasing a software program with a file management system that will not work with the included mail program is a little silly. You can also forget about having the included calendar program sync with the top selling phone - not going to happen. The calendar is also not going to sync with most of the top web mail calendars either. Go figure.

If anyone asks I suggest they hold off on upgrading to Windows 8 at least another 6 months probable better to wait a year. User functions are also a little clumsy for my liking on a none touch screen computer.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:02 PM   #11

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
snippit

All the computers I use, XP, Vista, Win 7 do the same thing. Snippit disappears after a few seconds. Always has.
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:16 PM   #12

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Outlaw View Post
All the computers I use, XP, Vista, Win 7 do the same thing. Snippit disappears after a few seconds. Always has.
Install and use Firefox web browser instead of MS Internet Exploder.
sokhapkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:35 PM   #13

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
If anyone asks I suggest they hold off on upgrading to Windows 8 at least another 6 months probable better to wait a year.
Way back when, I used to beta test. Then I became an early adopter and found out that it had become the same thing. Now I wait for others to find the problems and the various drivers to catch up.

Been contemplating upgrading to a Win7pro system, but that means replacing my perfectly good print server, laser printer, and PDA. Not to mention much of the software. All this is driven by considering a single piece of software for work. $2G for the software, $4G to replace everything else that works just fine ... and they wonder why we don't want to upgrade.

I agree with Carol's thoughts.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eco