How much is a early 80s Uhaul worth? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2014, 11:55 AM   #21

Name: Roger
Trailer: Nomad
Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Enthusiasts sites might not be the best place to shop in your budget range.
They tend to: a) Know what they are worth on the open market, b) Are exposing their sale to a knowledgeable group and c) Many tend to think that "Their" rig is worth more than it really is!

I'd stick with Local ads, Craigslist and fiberglass-rv-4sale.com....

Another tip: Give your mail delivery person a picture of what you are looking for and mention you have a nice picture of Ben Franklin looking for a new home. They tend to know where everything is located on their routes.

If you have a pick-up there is a nice molded fiberglass 5th wheel in the Orange County craigslist for $1800.

That is exactly what I am doing sticking with local ads . Been cruising Craigs list in ajoining states Idaho , Utah , Reno etc. On places like this prices would be a lot higher and if there was a deal sombody would jump on it like a bird on a June Bug.

So yes I am way ahead of you on this.
RV NUT CASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 12:01 PM   #22

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Most of us are in both places, so you have double the nice.
There is lots of help to be had over there also. Right now, there is a solution to the ever-present taillight issue with Uhauls, i.e. no replacement being made and crumbling lens covers.
Rarely are people selling their Uhauls though.

CindyL

Well Cindy should I just throw up my arms and give up looking? It's not going to cost me anything to look and who knows I might just find one and prove you wrong.

I am not just looking for a U-haul I would look at any other brand for a good price. Scamp , Cistia etc.

So before telling sombody to throw in the towel and telling them it won't work and rarely is anybody selling their U-Haul at least let them try. You never know untill you try. :}
Old 09-28-2014, 12:03 PM   #23

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Enthusiasts sites might not be the best place to shop in your budget range.
They tend to: a) Know what they are worth on the open market, b) Are exposing their sale to a knowledgeable group and c) Many tend to think that "Their" rig is worth more than it really is!

I'd stick with Local ads, Craigslist and fiberglass-rv-4sale.com....

Another tip: Give your mail delivery person a picture of what you are looking for and mention you have a nice picture of Ben Franklin looking for a new home. They tend to know where everything is located on their routes.

If you have a pick-up there is a nice molded fiberglass 5th wheel in the Orange County craigslist for $1800.
Bob can you buy the U-Haul stickers repro for the sides of the trailer?
Old 09-28-2014, 04:49 PM   #24

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Rarely do they sell Uhauls on the Uhaul Facebook page was my meaning, RVNC. Those of us on the Uhaul Facebook find our campers elsewhere, i.e. Craigslist, ebay, etc. and then come to the Uhaul Facebook page as we restore them. There are lots of answers there.

Good luck in your hunt.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 04:51 PM   #25

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Repro decals are available. Having them gets you the constant questions, "I didn't know Uhaul rented campers!", or "where do I rent one and how much does it cost?" We just did a vintage camper rally this weekend that had an open house tour for the public one afternoon, and got those questions many times.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 10:04 PM   #26

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Rarely do they sell Uhauls on the Uhaul Facebook page was my meaning, RVNC. Those of us on the Uhaul Facebook find our campers elsewhere, i.e. Craigslist, ebay, etc. and then come to the Uhaul Facebook page as we restore them. There are lots of answers there.

Good luck in your hunt.

CindyL
Thank you so much Cindy ! I have a lead on one I don't know if I can ding her down on the price. I getting so excited you guys are contagious! I got the U-haul desease now! LOL
Old 09-28-2014, 10:06 PM   #27

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Repro decals are available. Having them gets you the constant questions, "I didn't know Uhaul rented campers!", or "where do I rent one and how much does it cost?" We just did a vintage camper rally this weekend that had an open house tour for the public one afternoon, and got those questions many times.
That is so cool I think the U-haul sticker really makes it pop!

Tags
uhaul