New Owner, Used Casita - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2017, 09:11 AM   #21

Name: Linda
Trailer: inTech
Kansas
trailer is plugged into shore power. when i bought it, it was still very cold and the trailer had been winterized. therefore, i couldn't test the water system at the time (snowing). that is why i paid Camping World to do a comprehensive systems check soon after bringing it back home--a 6 day round trip. the antifreeze was in the tank when i bought it, and nothing had changed when i finally got it back from Camping World in the fall. i decided to blow out the lines, run fresh water through and winterize properly. that's when i discovered that the water pump did not turn on. just an indication that they did not do what they were paid to do. since then, i have checked their standing with the BBB. they have no rating due to the more than 500 complaints lodged against them. should have done that first, duh! there were several other little problems that i had identified on the trip home that needed to be addressed, and i did not feel comfortable trying to do them myself. just weatherstripping around windows and door, a couple of lights not working, upgrading the fan, etc. they completely botched everything except for the fan installation, which they acknowledged when i returned the trailer to have it all done correctly. after keeping it for 3 months, they finally called to say it was ready. i went to pick it up and did a thorough check, at which point a piece of one of the windows fell off in my hand. oops. i went home trailerless, again. a couple of weeks later, i came home to find my trailer parked in my driveway. the glass in the door had shifted so that there was a gap along one side and the outside light no longer worked. that is my great experience with Camping World. they had my trailer for 6 months, and really did a lousy job with everything.
lrb945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:18 AM   #22

Kansas
thanks for the facebook suggestion--i know you are right about that. i'm just severely allergic to facebook. because it is winter here, now, it is difficult to do water stuff properly. we have a few days above freezing now and then, but i'm afraid i will have to wait for spring to really be able to address this issue. i was really just curious about the switch, since i have no knowledge about what it looks like when turned on and working.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:51 PM   #23

Trailer: Casita
Registry
Linda, I haven't seen any comment about just calling Casita. Go to the source.
I see you are in kansas. Casita is just a good days drive. For what you paid Camping world I have no doubt Casita would have done the job properly.
If you have power to the lights the pump should have power also. Make sure the fuses are ok on the converter. That pump is a 12v.
Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 01:19 PM   #24

Kansas
good suggestions--thank you!

Tags
casita