scamp cushions for boler? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2017, 05:43 PM   #1

Name: Glenn
Trailer: Boler
Manitoba
scamp cushions for boler?

I couldn't get a conclusive answer from Scamp so I'll ask here and hopefully someone can give me a clear answer.
My cushions/upholstery in my '74 boler is beyond the point of salvage so it will be brand new, either custom or bought from Scamp. I have no reason to think new cushions from Scamp wouldn't be a near perfect fit, so that's my question... Has anybody replaced their original Boler cushions with new Scamp ones?

If there is any mis-fitting, is it minor? And where does the fitment not work well if there is?

Thanks
Humpty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 07:04 PM   #2

Name: KAY
Trailer: SCAMP
Missouri
Registry
Glenn, I haven't tried swapping the cushions from a Scamp to a Boler, but if all else fails, find yourself an upholsterer. Either the kind that rebuild furniture, or a marine upholsterer should be able to make you the cushions you need, and even give you custom fabrics that suit your style. Off the shelf will be pretty generic.
likeair2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 07:13 PM   #3

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
A good upholstery shop for sure. Better quality, you get to select the density of the foam based on your preference, and your choice of fabric.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:39 PM   #4

Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
A good upholstery shop for sure. Better quality, you get to select the density of the foam based on your preference, and your choice of fabric.
Have definitely considered that but cost being a major concern is why I'm thinking about "off the shelf" vs custom
Old 07-04-2017, 09:39 PM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
scamp cushions for boler?

Another option is to order only the covers from Scamp and source the foam locally. That would save you a lot on shipping and also allow you to choose the foam density you prefer. There were a couple of threads about people who replaced the Scamp foam, which they thought too hard for sleeping, with a different grade or, in one case, a foam sandwich of two different grades of foam.

Ordering the covers from Scamp will be way cheaper than custom upholstery, and I find the quality acceptable.

What I don't know is whether they are a close enough fit for your Boler. My strong suspicion is yes, but I'm not sure. If you don't hear from someone who has actually installed Scamp cushions in a Boler, send me a PM and I can take some measurements for you.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 11:02 PM   #6

Manitoba
As I'm only 3hrs away from the scamp factory, shipping wouldn't be much of an issue. I'd likely bring them across the border myself.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:08 AM   #7

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
In that case, could you just take the trailer with you and do a test fit? Perhaps make a long weekend of it at a nearby campground?
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:52 PM   #8

Manitoba
Attended the Manitoba Fiberglass and Vintage Camper Rally this weekend and found the opportunity to measure the cushions in an '08 Scamp and got the answer I was looking for. They are as near an identical match in dimension as I could hope for. Hadn't really expected otherwise, but its good to have a conclusive answer.

Tags
boler, scamp