Boler Rear Sliding Window - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2017, 07:16 AM   #1

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
Boler Rear Sliding Window

Has anyone replaced the seals and weatherstripping on their rear sliding window on their Boler? My rear window is in awful shape and I am hoping someone can let me know what gaskets and where to get them. I have ordered a bunch of gasket samples from VTS but it would save time if someone has done this already and determined what is needed.
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:12 PM   #2

Name: Dave and Bonnie
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Same here 77 Boler "Berniece"

I tried the gaskets available from VTS -had them sent from New Mexico to New Westminster BC - unfortunately they were too small - you need at least 1/2 inch width on the outside flat part of the gasket or window seal material

I'm trying to replay my window seals too and having trouble finding something that will work - I am going to take a sample to Speedy Auto Glass and see what they have

If you get a source, please let me know and I will do the same for you

Thanks

Dave in New Westminster (Berniece the Boler)
Attached Thumbnails
Rearview Aug 2016.jpg  
daveandbonscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:48 PM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Dave I'm also looking for the same seals for my Boler 17. Which part number did you order from vts that didn't work. Someone on this forum posted all the window seals he used and where he bought them. I will post the link to thread when I get to a computer
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:23 PM   #4

New Hampshire
The only post like that I've seen was for the Jalousie windows.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:54 PM   #5

Michigan
Registry
Boler 1700 window seals

Here's the thread that lists the Boler 1700 window seals. The "quarter round" style glass seals is Interstate 009-344.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...als-64812.html
Old 08-17-2017, 08:13 PM   #6

New Hampshire
It looks like that window is a large Jalousie window. My Boler 1300 has a rear window where one half slides horizontally to the other side. It is the felt track that the window slides on that has me worried.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:00 PM   #7

Name: Dave and Bonnie
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
The order number for the gasket from Vintage Trailer Supply that was too small for my back window was VTS-195

I am going to order the Interstate 009/344 and see if that will work

Thanks for the information.
daveandbonscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:51 PM   #8

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
The rear half sliding window on my 79 has leaked ever since I got it 20+ years ago. I have spent $$$ trying to get it not to leak at 2 different shops with no luck. I was told the leak was due to the weak point you speak of and it is because the window is like a plexiglass and not regular glass and it expands and contracts too much to hold it seal.
I have now gave up on sealants and have placed a 1 inch wide piece of awning tape up onto the plexiglass, down over this bottom gap, and down onto the frame of window. This has worked and for the first time it is dry on the back wall.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:43 PM   #9

Michigan
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandbonscott View Post
The order number for the gasket from Vintage Trailer Supply that was too small for my back window was VTS-195

Good luck! Let us know if that works.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:01 AM   #10

Michigan
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandbonscott View Post

Dave, I recently removed one of the sliding windows from my Boler 17. This morning I ran warm water on the window and then removed the Hehr glazing beads from both window sashes. Then I boiled and stretched the Hehr glazing beads a bit. Finally I re-inserted the glazing beads back into the sashes. But this time, I put the inside glazing beads on the outside and vice versa. The inside glazing beads are in much better condition.

I like results and am thinking of keeping and using the inside glazing beads on the outsides of the windows. For the insides, I may replace with new, probably black. The new glazing bead seems to be only available in black or white.

Tags
boler