Vancouver BC Boler owner - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2018, 11:54 PM   #21

Name: Steve
Trailer: 1979 Boler1700
Maple Ridge, B.C.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggie View Post
The panels might be lower priced but they will probably rape you on shipping costs.
ststefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:13 AM   #22

Name: Paul
Trailer: Escape
British Columbia
I've always gone with the 75% rule. That is don't load or pull more than 75% of your tv capacity. It makes for a much more relaxing trip. Like you I don't like going over 90kph, it really eats into your fuel economy when you do.
I see you you are doing a coast to coast and back again trip and I can't help but think that 4 weeks may make it a bit rushed. That's a lot of driving and maybe not enough time for site seeing. Limiting yourself to 90kmh will make for some very long days behind the wheel.
We are doing a similiar trip this year but we'll be taking 7 weeks to allow for lots of site seeing stops and rest days.
Hope the trip goes well for you.
Sunrisetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:24 AM   #23

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
oh oh that is tough!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 02:42 PM   #24

Name: Nolan
Trailer: Boler 13ft 1972
British Columbia
loooong trip carefully planned

Ok, so all in, we're doing 10,000 kms in 4 weeks. I've planned it out so that we are doing around 450 - 550 kms a day, at average of 80 km/h is 7 hours behind the wheel.

Now, 2 drivers, stops every couple of hours to stretch legs, see sights, and yes they will be long days but its summer and we will have plenty of daylight hours.

Plus, we'll be staying over 2-3 nights at some places to get a break too.

The destination is the journey, and combined with the love of driving, I"m feeling more looking-forward than daunted by this. Time will tell.

That said, I've had an interesting RV park booking experience with Trailer Inns of WA. More about that in a separate post.
nolan krombein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:08 PM   #25

Name: Brenda
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
Brenda welcome to our group there are some real pros here who can help you along the way. we may be passing through Canada this summer are the us officials picky on doggies?

thanks

bob
Hi Bob
Not sure about dogs as I have never camped with dogs before so it will all be new to me. I have noticed that some parks are not very inviting to out 4 legged friends as their rules say limited access or no dogs at all so I would read before I camp :-)
mudma1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:41 PM   #26

Name: Nolan
Trailer: Boler 13ft 1972
British Columbia
HI Bob

We've often taken our golden retriever across the border (day trip) at Peace Arch crossing. Whether it has to do with our Nexus cardholder status, I don't know but we've always had the ownership papers and vaccination records with us, and of most importance to the border folk, proof of rabies shots. Even though we've never been asked, we've been sure to have those papers ready, and they will come with us this summer too.

As for RV parks and dogs, maybe I've been lucky, but on both sides of the border (along TransCanada and I-90), I've never encountered a campsite / RV park that was not dog friendly.

Sure, one has to keep dogs on-leash and no aggressive / intimidating types (rottweilers, dobermans, pit bulls etc) nomatter how well trained, but that's only fair to other campground users. Some do have dog walks or fully enclosed dog off-leash areas, so keep looking - they do exist.
nolan krombein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler