Depth of the Scamp 13 bathroom. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2018, 08:35 PM   #1

Name: Jack
Trailer: Scamp 13
Massachusetts
Depth of the Scamp 13 bathroom.

We will be hanging a shower curtain across the shower area to keep the toilet dry during showering. Can anyone tell me the depth of the area (distance between the two walls, outer & inner), so I can get the proper size expansion shower rod to put across.
There was talk about a shower curtain a few days ago and we think its a good idea, but my Scamp will not be ready to pick up until Sept 10. Just getting things needed in advance.

Thanks

Jack & Jo-Ann
Lockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 12:47 AM   #2

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
The adjustable length, spring tenion, shower rods come in two sizes, one is long enough for bathtubs so that size is up to 72". The shorter one is made for smaller shower stalls andthat is the one that will work for the RV bathrooms, it would fit a range that might be 20" to 40". There will be some small variations on the exact number of inches in the two ranges from different makers. If not short enough....Aluminum shower rod tubes can be cut shorter.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 10:11 AM   #3

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
In order to gain the most room for showering and prevent the clinging of the curtain against skin, we use a cafe rod and key rings to mount one half of a $5 clear plastic curtain liner.

There is no need to isolate the toilet, in fact you will find it inconvenient and ineffective. The outside (front) wall is tapered toward the top so no exact dimension could be given depending on height of rod.
Do yourself a favor and wait until you try the shower as designed before considering any mod. leaving the shower room clean and dry after a shower is truly an easy task measured in seconds. We have done it twice a day for many hundreds of days.

Replacing the standard shower curtain rod as described above is a great improvement however see pictures below...
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF0071.JPG   DSCF0073.JPG  

DSCF0075.JPG   DSCF0074.JPG  

floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 10:16 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
If you have a construction grade garbage bag, or can get one, it makes an easily stored toilet cover. Easy on and off.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:58 PM   #5

Name: Randy
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
If you have a construction grade garbage bag, or can get one, it makes an easily stored toilet cover. Easy on and off.
I really like the way you have downsized the huge shower rod. My Scamp 13 has the original wooden giant curtain rod. Going to downsize just as in the pictures. Did you consider trying an "expandable" rod? How did you mount the little rod shown? Looks like screws right into the wall? Finally, how do you hold the shower curtain out of the way when not in use?
Thanks for the great pictures!
Randy
Randy701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 06:24 PM   #6

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Very cool idea
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 08:33 PM   #7

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy701 View Post
I really like the way you have downsized the huge shower rod. My Scamp 13 has the original wooden giant curtain rod. Going to downsize just as in the pictures. Did you consider trying an "expandable" rod? How did you mount the little rod shown? Looks like screws right into the wall? Finally, how do you hold the shower curtain out of the way when not in use?
Thanks for the great pictures!
Randy
If by "expandable rod" you mean those spring loaded things, they are too large and won't stay put in this application.
I bought the longest cafe rod available so that it would have maximum overlap which makes it stronger. It is mounted with the stock mounts which come with the cafe rod. I used screws but if you have a Scamp standard you could use pop rivets on the side behind the closet since it would be hidden inside the upper cabinet. I think the end by the door has a frame which will accept screws. To store the curtain, I just slide it back behind the toilet and it fits snugly out of the way in the corner.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:35 AM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
This is one of those "mods" you need to wait and USE the shower before trying what you're wanting. You will find using the small shower spray that you will need to be "conservative" on water and only wet yourself down enough to wash off. This shower is NOT intended to be a full-fledge free-flowing shower like in your house. You and/or your wife MAY find having the toilet to sit on while showering feet/legs to be a convenience!

I'm speaking from 8+ yrs experience with our 13' Scamp with the shower. Trust me on this one... use the Scamp before doing too many mods to see exactly what you want. You're going to be surprised during the first few weeks of camping.

Dont forget the MAIN ingredient of camping- ENJOY!! Life is too short!

[QUOTE=Lockman;709432]We will be hanging a shower curtain across the shower area to keep the toilet dry during showering. Can anyone tell me the depth of the area (distance between the two walls, outer & inner), so I can get the proper size expansion shower rod to put across.
There was talk about a shower curtain a few days ago and we think its a good idea, but my Scamp will not be ready to pick up until Sept 10. Just getting things needed in advance.
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 04:20 PM   #9

Registry
Its a wetbath. There is no need to isolate the toilet.

When I leave my shower it is dry, which requires very little effort.

Isolating the toilet won't work anyway, it will just complicate both use and cleanup.
Old 09-28-2018, 11:28 PM   #10

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockman View Post
We will be hanging a shower curtain across the shower area to keep the toilet dry during showering. Can anyone tell me the depth of the area (distance between the two walls, outer & inner), so I can get the proper size expansion shower rod to put across.
There was talk about a shower curtain a few days ago and we think its a good idea, but my Scamp will not be ready to pick up until Sept 10. Just getting things needed in advance. Jack & Jo-Ann

Guessing that you've already picked your Scamp up but you haven't been back on this tread. You really only need the curtain to protect the door from water. Having the stool dry is a personal preference from using the shower and the time for wiping things down. A large plastic bag over the toilet keeps it dry and it's still usable for sitting on if you need it for showering if you're tall.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 07:51 AM   #11

Name: Jack
Massachusetts
Hi Dave,
Yes we have discovered that it just to protect the door from water that we need to consider. Also we purchased a correct size shower curtain to replace the plastic curtain from Scamp. Also bought a small adj. rod to replace scamps PVC rod, works great.

Thank you,
Jack & Jo-Ann
Lockman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp