Two scamp questions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2018, 05:34 PM   #1

Name: George
Trailer: Mypod by littleguy
Missouri
Two scamp questions

I’ve owned several scamps in the past, 13s, 16s, and a 5th wheel. I’m thinking about a new 13/with bath so here are the questions.

1) does the newer bed size from 2014 and up really make a difference? My old 2009 13’ was very small for the two of us. I’m 6’ and my wife is 5’6”. She slept “in the curve” which was a constant issue.

2) have they fixed the door issue? Out of all the scamps we’ve owned only the 5th wheel had a door that really fit at the bottom! I even picked up a new one back in 2009 at the factory...yep, bottom of door had a gap.

Thanks in advance

George
Buffres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 08:33 PM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Buy the deluxe this time, you won't regret it.

Answer to #1..
The larger bed does make a difference in comfort, both as a dinette and especially as a bed. It was available for many years before 2014.

#2..
Whole new door in 2018, with a new gasket design. Still the actual threshold gasket and threshold is an easy fix, making something less than an issue.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:02 PM   #3

Name: KAY
Trailer: SCAMP
Missouri
Registry
George, Where are you in Missouri? I am in the St. Louis area and have a standard and big bed 13, the latter has the full bath. You are welcome to come and see both and compare them side by side.
likeair2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 12:52 PM   #4

Name: George
Trailer: Mypod by littleguy
Missouri
Thank you for the kind offer. We live in sw Missouri near Jasper but we go to Saint James frequently to eat a Sybil’s. I could contact you (plenty of lead time) before we go up...maybe we could come over for a look?
PM me if this might work
george_oviatt@hotmail.com

Thanks

George and Myrna
Buffres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 12:55 PM   #5

Name: KAY
Trailer: SCAMP
Missouri
Registry
That would be great. They are in a paved and secure RV lot in St Charles county. No worries about wading thru mud when you come up.
likeair2me is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp