Cig Lighter in 16' Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2019, 08:58 PM   #1

Name: JJ
Trailer: Scamp
Idaho
Cig Lighter in 16' Scamp

First off, I apologize if this topic has already been addressed, but I didn't see any way to search the threads...

I am hoping someone may have an idea why the cigarette lighter in my 16' Scamp does not have any juice? All of the other lights and appliances work OK. I have tested the plugs/wires I am using and they are working as well.

This isn't a life changing issue, but would like to resolve if possible.

Thanks Everyone!
maxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 09:54 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
One thing at a time. How to search threads. Use the Site search / Google box at the bottom.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2019-09-14 at 8.52.43 PM.png  
Old 09-14-2019, 11:33 PM   #3

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Check the crimps

If all of the fuses are good check the factory crimp connectors. Many have had them pull apart. be sure to check both the + and - wires. Unlike a car you need both in a fiber glass RV
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 04:04 PM   #4

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxman View Post
First off, I apologize if this topic has already been addressed, but I didn't see any way to search the threads...

I am hoping someone may have an idea why the cigarette lighter in my 16' Scamp does not have any juice? All of the other lights and appliances work OK. I have tested the plugs/wires I am using and they are working as well.

This isn't a life changing issue, but would like to resolve if possible.

Thanks Everyone!
It should have its own fuse. It could be an inline fuse so follow the wires to where they hook in to the power and ground. Have you actually checked to see if there is power to it? Check it very carefully inside the receptacle. If there is power you may have the problem we encountered once. The item I was plugging into the receptacle had a shorter than normal plug and it didn't touch far enough into the receptacle for a connection. So I found one with a little shorter receptacle. I also got one once that the inside of the receptacle wasn't solid so when I plugged in, the part that wasn't solid pushed sideways far enough to touch the outer part and blew fuses. It had worked for a year or more. Guess it got weak inside. Hope this may help.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, scamp